No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7377880
10/12/21 11:33 PM
10/12/21 11:33 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Certain places you don't go all ma say. But this whole things has gotten.... I don't have words, just thought it was a cool story

And there are absolutely certain places white folks can't go, at least not without being armed. Where I grew up in the Niagara Falls NY area that was Highland Avenue. Several white people a year died for wandering into that area. Even the police wouldn't go there.

Racism exists, on both sides. You'd probably be welcomed into those "places you don't go" if you were carrying a confederate flag, and I probably would be in the places we don't go if I carried a BLM flag. Because racists of any color like to use token folks of the opposite color to try to prove their point.

But the POINT is 95% of people are not racist. If as many white conservatives were as racist as the news says they are, do you think you would be welcomed to these trapping sites? Of course not. Most people are not normally racist, but being called racist 24/7 when they're NOT is starting to turn people that way.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7377908
10/13/21 01:18 AM
10/13/21 01:18 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Certain places you don't go all ma say. But this whole things has gotten.... I don't have words, just thought it was a cool story

Wolf dog,
You are welcome in my home anytime. You would have no problems in my neck of the woods

But those leftist liberal woke nuts would probably get cracked.

2x I have never got to meet you but would look forward to the chance to hang out. You start so many great threads and have good insight I know you would be fun to be around.

A racist is not welcome around me but more than one race has raciest. And I have been called a raciest for saying just that to the biggest raciest I ever met. Just happened to be that one was black.

Even my black friends at work call that guy a raciest moron. But everyone has different life experiences that shape their view points. I don't know his so don't judge rather I just avoided if possible. Sadly that probably helps feed his theory.

Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Blaine County] #7378193
10/13/21 12:22 PM
10/13/21 12:22 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Originally Posted by Davisfur
The Klan is still alive and well in Western Oklahoma,but they keep a lot lower profile than they used to because they don't want to be crucified in the streets.

I don't think this is true. I've been in Western Oklahoma for a long time and do not know nor have I ever met someone in the Klan. I've never heard of someone currently in the Klan (we've all heard old stories). This includes when I worked in the oilfield and would have spent long periods of time with potential Klan candidates.

I do know a couple of guys from Western Oklahoma who were in prison that associated with the AB, or something like it, while in prison. I figure that was just self-preservation considering they were in prison.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot that you were the all knowing God of western Oklahoma please accept the apology of a poor idiot. Now with that out of the way you don't know your butt from a hole in the ground about what goes on in small town western Oklahoma. The men I still currently know that are Klan members I worked shoulder to shoulder with for over 4 years before I learned thier secret at which point I was invited to attend a meeting with them. At the meeting I saw a good many of the pillars of that particular community most of which attended the same Baptist church. I want to make it clear that I do not condone such activity and denied an invitation to join. Now seeing as quite a few of those men are still sucking wind on this earth I will say that the Klan is still alive and well in Western Oklahoma. I'm sure you will be back shortly to call me a liar but that's ok.

Last edited by Davisfur; 10/13/21 12:24 PM.
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378270
10/13/21 02:18 PM
10/13/21 02:18 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Davisfur
Originally Posted by Blaine County

I don't think this is true. I've been in Western Oklahoma for a long time and do not know nor have I ever met someone in the Klan. I've never heard of someone currently in the Klan (we've all heard old stories). This includes when I worked in the oilfield and would have spent long periods of time with potential Klan candidates.

I do know a couple of guys from Western Oklahoma who were in prison that associated with the AB, or something like it, while in prison. I figure that was just self-preservation considering they were in prison.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot that you were the all knowing God of western Oklahoma please accept the apology of a poor idiot. Now with that out of the way you don't know your butt from a hole in the ground about what goes on in small town western Oklahoma. The men I still currently know that are Klan members I worked shoulder to shoulder with for over 4 years before I learned thier secret at which point I was invited to attend a meeting with them. At the meeting I saw a good many of the pillars of that particular community most of which attended the same Baptist church. I want to make it clear that I do not condone such activity and denied an invitation to join. Now seeing as quite a few of those men are still sucking wind on this earth I will say that the Klan is still alive and well in Western Oklahoma. I'm sure you will be back shortly to call me a liar but that's ok.

It's attitude like this that causes your co-workers to want to throttle you.

And geez, who willingly attends a Klan meeting????

So, I guess I stand corrected. Your friends and you, at least for one meeting, are keeping the Klan alive and well in Western Oklahoma.

Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378275
10/13/21 02:23 PM
10/13/21 02:23 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
MLK had it right when he said, "A man shouldn't be judged by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character."
Then, along came Barack Obama and ruined everything MLK stood for and accomplished.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378282
10/13/21 02:37 PM
10/13/21 02:37 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Last I checked , or even bothered to , the only documented KKK chapter in Oklahoma was/is in Hinton . There's literally a mural in the town depicting a black man lashed to a windmill and being flogged . Kid you not .

I'm sure there are plenty of groups that are essentially similar .

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #7378295
10/13/21 02:52 PM
10/13/21 02:52 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
Last I checked , or even bothered to , the only documented KKK chapter in Oklahoma was/is in Hinton . There's literally a mural in the town depicting a black man lashed to a windmill and being flogged . Kid you not .

I guess that's one of those towns wolfdog knows not to go to. Geez.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378301
10/13/21 03:01 PM
10/13/21 03:01 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
He speaks the truth which is rare today. As a country and a people hopefully the truth will prevail.

Seems like a good man.

Last edited by white dog; 10/13/21 03:02 PM.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #7378311
10/13/21 03:28 PM
10/13/21 03:28 PM
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline
"Brat"
C

NC - Here there and everywhere

Try again

"This Hinton Main Street mural takes its inspiration from an actual photograph of the strip from 1908. Viewers will notice a man on a windmill, holding onto the lever to prevent the wheels from turning and causing a motion blur while the photo was captured"

Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: coondagger2] #7378318
10/13/21 03:40 PM
10/13/21 03:40 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by coondagger2

Try again

"This Hinton Main Street mural takes its inspiration from an actual photograph of the strip from 1908. Viewers will notice a man on a windmill, holding onto the lever to prevent the wheels from turning and causing a motion blur while the photo was captured"

Interesting. It does appear the man is just holding something... no one around him to be flogging him. And with the lighting, you can't even tell if he is black or white.

[Linked Image]

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378350
10/13/21 04:30 PM
10/13/21 04:30 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Guy I knew in the Air Force told a story about him and his brother, talking their little brother, into letting them tie him to the blades of their windmill with baler twine. Said they broke the brake when they they tried to stop it. Their dad showed up and got it stopped. Said all survived but the brothers who did the tying were not sure they were going to survive the beating their dad gave them.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #7378353
10/13/21 04:34 PM
10/13/21 04:34 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma

There is much debate about the mural and what it represents. But you hit the nail on the head with the town. Amd I did not "willingly" attend a Klan meeting. I was invited by my coworkers to a church potluck and was halfway through having a wonderful supper when the women all got up and left the room and the next thing I knew I was in the middle of a full blown meeting.

Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378358
10/13/21 04:39 PM
10/13/21 04:39 PM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
early eighties i was asked to join a klan in iola ks. at first i thought it was some kind of joke. whether or not a group still exists there i have no idea.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378397
10/13/21 05:58 PM
10/13/21 05:58 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
What was it about you(or anyone) besides your colour that the Klan would invite you to join?

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378415
10/13/21 06:32 PM
10/13/21 06:32 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
I was invited because I was dating the daughter of one of the men I worked with and we were getting pretty serious. Mind you until the "meeting" started I had absolutely no clue that any of these men were involved in this kind of activity. I had worked alongside them for 4 years and had heard nothing anymore racist out of thier mouths than I had heard from any other old white man growing up. Maybe a grumble here or there about a white girl dating a black guy or some such thing but nothing that eluded to them being klansmen. Within the week of declining thier offer the girl I was dating was told "I was not the man for her" amd we went our separate ways. I was asked politely to keep what I knew a secret and as long as I worked in that town I did as I was asked and still will not name names because a lot of those men had family that had nothing to do with the deal and are good people and don't need thier names dragged through the mud. The remaining 7 or 8 years I spent working with them I found opportunities to ask them a few questions about why someone would be a member of something like that and the overwhelming conclusion was "it's just always been this way" and mostly passed down from father to son. The fact that Hinton was listed online and even on the news once as having an active chapter of kkk actually has nothing to do with the local guys. It is listed because there were klansmen and Arians and neonazis from all over the country were in the prison at Hinton and the klansmen listed themselves and received mail as an active chapter. When it came out on the news that locals were furious and ended up finding the address of the "active" chapter and that's how they figured out it was in the prison. There are a couple of other towns around that have small groups as well one being Bessy a little spit of a town south of Clinton. As far as myself goes I do not hold with them or what they believe in. My dad and uncles were raised on the poor side of the tracks which also meant the black side of the tracks at the time they were growing up. My family has been long-standing friends with several black families in my hometown and we have coon hunted, trapped, traded hounds, fished and broken bread with many of them and to this day have the utmost respect for them. My dad always told me that when he grew up there was no "black" or "white", there was only "poor" and they were all in it together black and white alike.

Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378417
10/13/21 06:36 PM
10/13/21 06:36 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK

Try again

"This Hinton Main Street mural takes its inspiration from an actual photograph of the strip from 1908. Viewers will notice a man on a windmill, holding onto the lever to prevent the wheels from turning and causing a motion blur while the photo was captured"[/quote]

Interesting. It does appear the man is just holding something... no one around him to be flogging him. And with the lighting, you can't even tell if he is black or white.

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

Ha ! Its been changed ! And thats a relatively recent change , too . As of 2015 , it showed as stated . One of our black officers posed for a pic in front of it . I took it.

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378432
10/13/21 06:56 PM
10/13/21 06:56 PM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I believe my invitation came from two different conversations. We were talking about affirmative action in civilian life and the military policy of the 70's giving black men preference points beyond performance reports and test scores.

Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378446
10/13/21 07:13 PM
10/13/21 07:13 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma

Ha ! Its been changed ! And thats a relatively recent change , too . As of 2015 , it showed as stated . One of our black officers posed for a pic in front of it . I took it. [/quote]

You are right again Aaron the mural has been changed. I know the lady that repainted it. It was changed because it was starting to draw the kind of attention you mentioned. People stopping and taking pictures of it and such. There was a story in Hinton about a black man in the 70s that worked as a farm laborer for a very prominent Hinton farming family. He was accused of raping the man he worked for wife (although it came out later to be consensual). The sheriff came around asking the farmer and his relatives if they knew the man's whereabouts so he could be arrested and stand trial but were informed that "we don't know where he is yet but you better hope you find him before we do." A few days later there was an anonymous call to the sheriff's department saying the man was hiding out on the south canadian river near Hinton and the next day that's where they found him hanging in a cottonwood. Even though there was nothing around the body he could have stood on to get as high as he was the sheriff determined that he must have climbed the cottonwood and tied the rope on and then jumped out. Ruled "suicide" open and shut nothing else to see here.

Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378500
10/13/21 08:06 PM
10/13/21 08:06 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Booneville Indiana has or used to have clan rallies I think national state at a minimum. I never saw one but the last one I heard about attendance of clan members was very low been years but under 50 for sure some reason 26 stands out. Either way pretty very sad excuse for a state or national rally. Trappers at a small group and our gatherings dwarf theirs.

The world is full of scum but the kkk group is on the endangered species list. Now the other side is growing with antifa and BLM. I haven't seen the clan burning cities, looting, rape, assult, and robing lately.

But sure white conservative are the threat.

Re: Black guy converts klan members [Re: Wolfdog91] #7378503
10/13/21 08:07 PM
10/13/21 08:07 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
The Aryan Nation types are alive and kicking around here. They were stuffing these flyers in local mailboxes a week ago.

[Linked Image]

Eh...wot?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread