No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7383160
10/19/21 09:09 PM
10/19/21 09:09 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
I know a lot of people who laughed at crypto talking about how it’s made up money. Well a lot of those people are dabbling in crypto because they have come to the realization that our US dollar is even more made up and controlled by a single group, where as crypto in controlled by many people and math. So while you “needs to be tangible and in my wallet” people are watching to see what happens with the platinum trillion dollar coin, I’ll keep investing a little here and a little there in crypto.

If traps work like the Antis say......I would have no fingers.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7383166
10/19/21 09:12 PM
10/19/21 09:12 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
And to put it in perspective, while inflation has been devaluing the money you “made” on fur last year, I put half my check on crypto and is has more than doubled. Took my original investment out and now making money on the free money on got on the crypto market.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #7383168
10/19/21 09:13 PM
10/19/21 09:13 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by cat_trapper_nv
And to put it in perspective, while inflation has been devaluing the money you “made” on fur last year, I put half my check on crypto and is has more than doubled. Took my original investment out and now making money on the free money on got on the crypto market.

You are the most awesomest dude on here.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: Yes sir] #7383190
10/19/21 09:32 PM
10/19/21 09:32 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
Originally Posted by Yes sir

You are the most awesomest dude on here.

I know I am. It’s because of my humility. I wake up in the morning and pee excellence

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7383195
10/19/21 09:37 PM
10/19/21 09:37 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
I was afraid with that much humidity.... I mean humility.... someone would miss your greatness so I wanted to point it out for us simpletons grin

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #7383213
10/19/21 10:02 PM
10/19/21 10:02 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I know a lot of people who laughed at crypto talking about how it’s made up money.

I don't know anything about crypto but my son-in-laws father mined for it and still does but I'm told it's almost impossible to dredge up nowadays. Anyway, a few short years back he bought our mutual grandson an iPad with crypto currency. The crypto he spent on that iPad would be worth close to half a million dollars today. It's a real thing even though I don't understand it.

Last edited by Posco; 10/19/21 10:04 PM.
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7383225
10/19/21 10:13 PM
10/19/21 10:13 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Can a person go to the Chevy dealer down the street and trade a bitcoin for a new truck? I think $65,000 may get a stripped down model. Lol.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: ] #7383232
10/19/21 10:17 PM
10/19/21 10:17 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
Originally Posted by J Staton
Can a person go to the Chevy dealer down the street and trade a bitcoin for a new truck? I think $65,000 may get a stripped down model. Lol.

You can buy a Tesla with bitcoin. And since the US doesn’t consider crypto a currency, there’s no tax because it’s a trade of one good for another. More and more companies will start accepting it. But you could sell your Bitcoin and use the cash to buy a Chevy

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: Yes sir] #7383236
10/19/21 10:20 PM
10/19/21 10:20 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
Originally Posted by Yes sir
I was afraid with that much humidity.... I mean humility.... someone would miss your greatness so I wanted to point it out for us simpletons grin

Everyone already know. As soon as I open my browser, everyone can feel my greatness. It’s a hard life, but one I humbly accept.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: ] #7383254
10/19/21 10:35 PM
10/19/21 10:35 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Originally Posted by Mark June
Thessalonians 5:9 assures believers will be saved from God's Wrath so that'll be enough blessing wink

Mark, I'm glad you posted that.
I don't talk about my beliefs with anyone.
I feel like I'm a good person and I think God will agree.
Thanks.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: ] #7383489
10/20/21 08:37 AM
NE Wisconsin
DecoyMacoy Offline
trapper
DecoyMacoy  Offline
trapper

NE Wisconsin

The only real reasons to spend Bitcoin at this time would be if you are being financially censored or if all of your assets are Bitcoin.

Bad money drives out good. If you had a pocket full of quarters, one was a silver 1964 and the rest were modern alloy crud, you'd spend the crud and save the silver. Same thing here.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: Gary Benson] #7383490
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I don't understand crypto-currency. Not one bit.......... laugh

I don't want to either

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7383832
10/20/21 03:00 PM
10/20/21 03:00 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

It'll probably have to be a virtual currency in the Tribulation when the Anti-Christ has everyone show a devotion with the Mark of 666 upon their right hand or forehead.
A person won't be able to buy or sell (commerce) without the mark, and since paper would allow for an underground market..... digital seems to fit into this scenario quite nicely.
Global economy - global politics - global commerce - global religion - global allegiance.
As it is written.

Plus.... I'm Pre-Tribulation as far as Rapture theology so it won't matter to those secured and saved before the Seals are broken,
and for the multitudes deceived by satan, his anti-christ, and his anti-spirit (anti-trinity)
what they do or don't have in their wallet, virtual or otherwise, during the second half of Tribulation (referred to as the Great Tribulation),
won't buy anything when all is finished anyway.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: ] #7383861
10/20/21 03:56 PM
10/20/21 03:56 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Mark June
It'll probably have to be a virtual currency in the Tribulation when the Anti-Christ has everyone show a devotion with the Mark of 666 upon their right hand or forehead.
A person won't be able to buy or sell (commerce) without the mark, and since paper would allow for an underground market..... digital seems to fit into this scenario quite nicely.
Global economy - global politics - global commerce - global religion - global allegiance.
As it is written.

Plus.... I'm Pre-Tribulation as far as Rapture theology so it won't matter to those secured and saved before the Seals are broken,
and for the multitudes deceived by satan, his anti-christ, and his anti-spirit (anti-trinity)
what they do or don't have in their wallet, virtual or otherwise, during the second half of Tribulation (referred to as the Great Tribulation),
won't buy anything when all is finished anyway.

Blessings,
Mark

Simple as that! I'm banking on using .22 LR as trading stock until the rabbits, squirrels and deer are gone.

Last edited by Gary Benson; 10/20/21 03:58 PM.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: DecoyMacoy] #7384040
10/20/21 07:56 PM
10/20/21 07:56 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I don't understand crypto-currency. Not one bit.......... laugh

I don't want to either

You might not get a choice.

Originally Posted by DecoyMacoy

The only real reasons to spend Bitcoin at this time would be if you are being financially censored or if all of your assets are Bitcoin.

Bad money drives out good. If you had a pocket full of quarters, one was a silver 1964 and the rest were modern alloy crud, you'd spend the crud and save the silver. Same thing here.

Gresham's Law.

If/when Bitcoin finally stabilizes it will drive out debt backed currencies .

The end of fiat currencies will be liberating. What will remain to be seen is if people can handle freedom.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384209
10/20/21 10:58 PM
10/20/21 10:58 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
Originally Posted by Steven 49er

The end of fiat currencies will be liberating. What will remain to be seen is if people can handle freedom.

Amen!!!!!!. It won’t be controlled by the different governments of the world. It will be standardized and decentralized. Some Companies already have crypto options, and professional athletes are starting to request part of their pay as crypto as well. More and more countries are already considering it as currency. People can want to be old school as much as they want, but one day they will have to except it. Just like when gold and silver went to alloy and paper.

I can’t wait till our government can’t print money to bail themselves out and pay for their high lifestyles. And for how anti government a lot of people on here are, I’m shocked so many have had negative comments about it. But I guess some people just have to shoot down anything new.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #7384217
10/20/21 11:06 PM
10/20/21 11:06 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Amen!!!!!!. It won’t be controlled by the different governments of the world. It will be standardized and decentralized. Some Companies already have crypto options, and professional athletes are starting to request part of their pay as crypto as well. More and more countries are already considering it as currency. People can want to be old school as much as they want, but one day they will have to except it. Just like when gold and silver went to alloy and paper.

I can’t wait till our government can’t print money to bail themselves out and pay for their high lifestyles. And for how anti government a lot of people on here are, I’m shocked so many have had negative comments about it. But I guess some people just have to shoot down anything new.

I don't know anything about cryptocurrency. Honest question, how will it make us more free?

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384271
10/21/21 01:21 AM
10/21/21 01:21 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I still don't get the connection between the two. What am I missing?

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: waggler] #7384316
10/21/21 06:56 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by waggler
I still don't get the connection between the two. What am I missing?

There isn't.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384317
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Chancey, it doesn't necessarily have to be crypto. A decentralized currency and not backed by debt is the key.

I'd prefer a gold standard, Decoy says Bitcoin. I'd take either over what we have now.

How will it liberate us? Well it will take some time to share my views. The short version is currency backed only by debt and military might enslaves it's people and centralizes wealth.

Debt backed currencies supplant the free market, allows the governments to live beyond their means and pick winners and losers. With the ability to freely borrow and print money large centralized governments would be contained. My brethren from the south would contend the governments getting oversized and centralized is a result of of who won the civil war. I contend the Federal Reserve Act is the culprit.

Inflation has and will flourish under a debt backed system. In fact it's required, deflation is the enemy. I have a hard time wrapping my head around how the devaluation of my savings(inflation) is better than my savings maintaining it's worth or increasing in buying power(deflation). It surely seems counterintuitive until one realizes under a debt currency the system requires inflation and ever expanding of the money supply. Money can only be created through debt or now QE, or whatever term central banks use at the time, ie printing money out of thin air.

Last edited by Steven 49er; 10/21/21 07:03 AM.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread