No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Greatest Prophecy ever told [Re: ] #7382656
10/19/21 12:14 PM
10/19/21 12:14 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
My wife’s afib was an electrical issue with the electric current on the outside of the heart. Her doctor liked to call himself an electrician. Her surgery was through her groin and they find the spot in the current around her heart where it is short circuiting and they zapped that spot to put her back in rhythm. She then received a pace maker. This was 15 to 20 years ago and ended many years of middle of the night ER trips and being on cumodin (rat poison) and the side effects of that drug!

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Greatest Prophecy ever told [Re: martentrapper] #7382690
10/19/21 01:02 PM
10/19/21 01:02 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by martentrapper
High BP leads to Afib. I've taken BP meds since my early 50s. 64 now. Been about 20 pounds overweight until recently. Best way to avoid Afib is control your weight.
Haven't heart of atrial flutter. I had Afib for a couple years. Not continuous, would come and go. Seemed to always appear at night and I would wake up with it.
Ablation has taken care of it since the procedure 4 years ago now. BUT,Afib is caused by nerves around th valve. The ablation freezes those nerves and destroys their ability to effect the valve. Those nerves can grow back and if you live long enough your Afib can return.
Here's to an Afib free future for us folks who have it. Take care of your health!

Atrial flutter is where your heart beats regularly but faster than normal and is not as common as afib. Afib is irregular heartbeat. Both are caused by problems with the electrical signals in your heart. Afib has a higher rate of clot chances and a stroke. That's why I'm always on blood thinners.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Greatest Prophecy ever told [Re: Trapper7] #7382709
10/19/21 01:11 PM
10/19/21 01:11 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by Mark June
Mine was in the left atrium and took 4 hours. Whew, the chest is sore today, but the success rate is 85-95% which was good enough for me grin

Do you take meds for your heart then?
I have the afib and high blood pressure. I take meds for the high BP and afib.

Only been on meds since this afib reared up last year. I'm not hypertensive and my weight is the same as high school = good.
Once this ablation does its job, I hope to get off all meds.

wink

Re: Greatest Prophecy ever told [Re: Oh Snap] #7382788
10/19/21 02:09 PM
10/19/21 02:09 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Oh Snap
My wife’s afib was an electrical issue with the electric current on the outside of the heart. Her doctor liked to call himself an electrician. Her surgery was through her groin and they find the spot in the current around her heart where it is short circuiting and they zapped that spot to put her back in rhythm. She then received a pace maker. This was 15 to 20 years ago and ended many years of middle of the night ER trips and being on cumodin (rat poison) and the side effects of that drug!

I take coumadin to help prevent blood clots and a stroke. What side effects did your wife experience from the coumadin? I haven't noticed any myself. There are other blood thinners out there, but none of them generic yet. The down side to most of them is that there isn't any anecdote for excessive bleeding. Whereas with coumadin vitamin K works.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread