No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7382297
10/18/21 10:56 PM
10/18/21 10:56 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
The state is loosing $ not selling tags.
I hear there are several shot each year by mistaken identity (coyotes) smile

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7383140
10/19/21 08:52 PM
10/19/21 08:52 PM
minnesota
G
gman Offline
trapper
gman  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
gman, sounds like there is lots you dont know

You seem to be very well informed so please enlighten me on what I don't know. Thanks

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7383170
10/19/21 09:15 PM
10/19/21 09:15 PM
minnesota
G
gman Offline
trapper
gman  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
The NRA supported the hues amendment. It's documented.

What is your problem with the Hughes amendment? Please explain.

But the very next morning the lost all credit again with their bump stock crap.

As I said before at least we still have the platform the bump stock goes on. You don't like AR's and you have no use for a bump stock-so what's your beef?

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7383217
10/19/21 10:06 PM
10/19/21 10:06 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I have posted time and time again about NRA sponsored gun control and their continued support of gun control. give em a call and ask if they support insta check for starters. do your own research ,its no secret they are all about money in the pockets of the leadership

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: NRA [Re: gman] #7383240
10/19/21 10:26 PM
10/19/21 10:26 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Online content
trapper
Providence Farm  Online Content
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by gman
The NRA supported the hues amendment. It's documented.

What is your problem with the Hughes amendment? Please explain.

But the very next morning the lost all credit again with their bump stock crap.

As I said before at least we still have the platform the bump stock goes on. You don't like AR's and you have no use for a bump stock-so what's your beef?

I will try not to make this a personal attack but your making it difficult.

An M16 I could make with a $200 tax stamp in April 86 now will cost me an additional 16 to 20k. No new registered mg.

Yes y don't like the gimmick bump stock. It's an accessory and meets the letter of the law. Now the any accessories the government dose not like can be band. Sure they hav no legal authority to ban accessories or regulate them. But hey NRA NRA NRA. Keep looking the other way.

Almost like your ignorant and can't make the connections. But I think your intelligent just being willfully ignorant because it's your team.

Re: NRA [Re: gman] #7383678
10/20/21 11:59 AM
10/20/21 11:59 AM
Wyoming
wytex Offline
trapper
wytex  Offline
trapper

Wyoming
gman, sounds like there is lots you dont know

You seem to be very well informed so please enlighten me on what I don't know. Thanks

In the last eight months as a member of the NRA Board of Directors (BOD), I have been asked often by NRA members, pro-gun groups and pro-second amendment reporters “Why does the NRA BOD refuse to terminate Wayne LaPierre’s employment in light of the accusations and evidence of mismanagement, malfeasance, and misuse of NRA funds for personal benefit?” I believe there are three primary reasons and a lengthy list of secondary reasons.

Primary Reasons:

1. NRA Officers and key board members fully support maintaining Wayne LaPierre as the EVP regardless of the evidence that has been presented in the recent Bankruptcy trial.
2. Several Directors are not independent fiduciaries and will follow the leadership regardless of the admission of wrong doing by Wayne LaPierre and others.
3. A few Directors are independent but will not openly challenge the current leadership for fear of reprisals, loss of committee assignments, and ultimately removal from the BOD.

The BOD’s failure in the fiduciary role of over sight has created a risk of dissolution by the New York Attorney General and has enraged NRA members, pro second amendment organizations and second amendment reporters. The very groups that historically have been the back bone of the NRA are now the biggest critics. The NRA routinely describes these former support groups as adverse to the NRA and malcontents. These often repeated derogatory terms are used to described anyone or any organization with views that do not align with the NRA leadership.

In order to develop an understanding of where the NRA is heading, it is necessary to predict the outcome of the New York Attorney General’s Complaint against the NRA.

Potential Outcomes:

1. The NRA prevails in the NYAG case and all charges are dropped and the NRA returns to normal operations with current management and BOD in place. This is not plausible due to the over whelming evidence compiled by the NYAG and through testimonies during the bankruptcy trial. If Martha Stewart can go to jail for insider trading on a transaction valued at $45,000; then I venture to speculate that mismanagement of millions of dollars can also have serious consequences.

2. The NRA loses the NYAG case and immediately files an appeal or another bankruptcy filing. This is possible, however I think is unlikely because the NRA will lose all leverage with the NYAG and will be at the mercy of the court.

3). The NRA avoids the trial through negotiations with the NYAG agrees to remove management, agrees to pay a massive fine, the NRA BOD is disbanded, and the NYAG has a huge political victory. I think this outcome is the most likely based on the other possible outcomes.

The appointment of an Independent Receiver by the New York Court could help stop the raiding of the NRA’s bank account. I am hoping that the recent filing of an intervention in the NYAG case (which I am the named Director) will finally end the continued wrong doing by a few and save the NRA for the members.

I hope to encourage all NRA members to become fully engaged in taking back control of the NRA for the benefit of the members. The annual member’s meeting has been scheduled for October 2, 2021 in Charlotte North Carolina. If you attend, now is the time for your voice to be heard. The BOD will not change course and have no intention of correcting the wrong doing of the past. If the NRA is important to you, please get involved….now!

Re: NRA [Re: wytex] #7383706
10/20/21 12:45 PM
10/20/21 12:45 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
So much for a democratic, freedom based organization with a huge BOD and enough VPs to fill a hotel! Members were constantly told to hate those enemy chickens and send more money while the few foxes designed their own chicken house. I do agree with one thing, disbanding the whole BOD and beginning anew would be the smart choice. Mostly manipulation that leads to apathy has got the NRA where it is today. I have been a member two times in the last 40 years and have not renewed for the last 15 years or so, nor will I in the near future. I trust my own ability to keep my arms more then I do an organization with that little oversight or even the desire to clean it up. Really sad when it is the legal system that has to bring forth the fraud in an organization that based itself on truth and patriotism.

Bryce

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7384075
10/20/21 08:32 PM
10/20/21 08:32 PM
minnesota
G
gman Offline
trapper
gman  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
I have posted time and time again about NRA sponsored gun control and their continued support of gun control. give em a call and ask if they support insta check for starters. do your own research ,its no secret they are all about money in the pockets of the leadership

So why don't you post one more time and enlighten me on the NRA's support of gun control......I would love to see the facts!!!

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7384090
10/20/21 08:38 PM
10/20/21 08:38 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Why dont you send em some more money? I didnt earn your money. Its none of my business what you do with it. If you want to support "common sense" gun control then dont ask my permission. Your a free person.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7384106
10/20/21 08:47 PM
10/20/21 08:47 PM
minnesota
G
gman Offline
trapper
gman  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
An M16 I could make with a $200 tax stamp in April 86 now will cost me an additional 16 to 20k. No new registered mg.

If you wanted a FA AR so bad why didn't you get it before 86 .if you were serious about it you would buy now-quit being so cheap. That's not even a third of a decent vehicle.
Also the Hughes amendment was an add on to FOPA which was a very good deal for us gunowners.

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7384112
10/20/21 08:51 PM
10/20/21 08:51 PM
minnesota
G
gman Offline
trapper
gman  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
Almost like your ignorant and can't make the connections. But I think your intelligent just being willfully ignorant because it's your team.

Then show me the connections and quit acting like a liberal. And yes it is my team. Along with 5 million other ignorant team members I guess.

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7384121
10/20/21 09:06 PM
10/20/21 09:06 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
gman, if your to lazy to do your own research then me doing it for you is pointless

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7384188
10/20/21 10:23 PM
10/20/21 10:23 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
G man not all trappers are in their 50s plus. I was 6 in 86. It seem I gave your intelligence to much credit when I started. You chose to be blind I will not wast any more time on this with this with you.

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7384913
10/21/21 09:19 PM
10/21/21 09:19 PM
minnesota
G
gman Offline
trapper
gman  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
gman, if your to lazy to do your own research then me doing it for you is pointless

Why would I do my own research on a subject you seem to be expert on. You are the one making statements that you can't seem to backup. Remember that I am ignorant so please enlighten me on the NRA supporting gun control.

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7384920
10/21/21 09:27 PM
10/21/21 09:27 PM
minnesota
G
gman Offline
trapper
gman  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
G man not all trappers are in their 50s plus. I was 6 in 86. It seem I gave your intelligence to much credit when I started. You chose to be blind I will not wast any more time on this with this with you.

Thank you-I never did give you any credit for intelligence. Sorry. I guess I am pretty ignorant-Lugnut warned me about arguing with rocks-I should have heeded his warning!!!

Re: NRA [Re: gman] #7384996
10/21/21 11:00 PM
10/21/21 11:00 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana

Thank you-I never did give you any credit for intelligence. Sorry. I guess I am pretty ignorant-Lugnut warned me about arguing with rocks-I should have heeded his warning!!!

There is no argument sir. It's clear you are not only willing but think it's a good thing to compromise rights away. So clearly the NRA is the perfect organization for you. That's your right and choice. I get a little work up when people want to take my and my kids rights away. . It's bad when it's the anti gun group but worse when is someone that thinks they are pro gun.

Your own words your think trading away rights is a good thing. "Also the Hughes amendment was an add on to FOPA which was a very good deal for us gunowners".

NRA NRA NRA NRA. What a sad joke. But I have to remember you're probably from the generation that believes the NRA hung the moon.

It's ok for only the rich and well off to be able to afford a MG I mean it's only 20k a 1/3 the price of a new car. Your truly worse than an anti gun nut and understand freedom and the constitution below their level.

Yes I said I was finished before but I just couldn't help it. Enjoy selling out American while wrapped up in the flag.

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7385022
10/21/21 11:43 PM
10/21/21 11:43 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Hey kids ..;; calm down. I was just trying to point out that the NRA does not seem to care much about keeping its or increasing its membership with folks that actually think and just ride the cart to a crash, no matter what. Its just a fact that is happening and it baffles me. No need to get into each others hair about it.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7385025
10/21/21 11:49 PM
10/21/21 11:49 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Scuba1
Hey kids ..;; calm down. I was just trying to point out that the NRA does not seem to care much about keeping its or increasing its membership with folks that actually think and just ride the cart to a crash, no matter what. Its just a fact that is happening and it baffles me. No need to get into each others hair about it.

Sorry scuba i get carried away. Blind followers that wont question or hold their feet to the fire is exactly why. Becuse they don't have to. The money will keep flowing in. A few examples can be found above.

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7385042
10/22/21 12:24 AM
10/22/21 12:24 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
A few of the Anti Gun Laws that NRA helped write and supported:
National Firearms Act 1934
Federal Firearms Act of 1938
Gun Control Act 1968

Back in the '30s they also wrote the templates for most state gun control laws. NRA was always in favor of gun control, they just learned how to make it seem reasonable and convince the members that giving away the store was protecting the toilet.

Re: NRA [Re: Scuba1] #7385044
10/22/21 12:26 AM
10/22/21 12:26 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Well cheers PF. For the folks that want to put more money into the NRA. Have at it, For the ones that call the folks that have quit on them and give money to other organizations, like myself. Have at it as well. Don't go bashing each other for Pete's sake. I don't tend to go out for dinner and prefer to cook my own. When I do, its usually to an Irish pub. You can judge me on that because you rather have a pizza instead. Bu i could not care less what you eat as long as you don't try to shove a spoon full down my throat or something that i don't want. We all need to eat though. its as simple as that

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread