No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Russia #7384197
10/20/21 10:37 PM
10/20/21 10:37 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Hobbie's post got me thinking about this......

I have never lived in Russia, nor do I know anything about the current state of affairs for the average citizen over there other than what I see on TV and read on the internet.

With that said, it appears to be a pretty nice place to live. Lots of trapping opportunity and also seems to be very open to Christian ideals, while not supporting radical Islam. They don't put up with political correctness.
I know many of us have seen the movie "Happy People", but I also like the movie "Agafia".

Recently, Putin fixed broken wounds with the Orthodox Church of Russia. I read that his mother visited the Holy Land and was a devout Christian. I see Putin on columns and he likes to hunt and fish. He also wears a cross as a necklace that I read his momma gave him.

It appears that Russia is in very good order both monetarily and militarily. I read that Russia has plenty of gold supplies and some of the worlds largest natural gas and coal supplies. Recently, Russia built a pipeline for natural gas to help energy starved Europe. Also read that their new nuclear submarines are much more sophisticated than ours???.

I'm only 42 years old and only experienced the very end of the Cold War. When I talk to my mom, she despises Russia and believes they are the enemy and swears that you cannot trust them.

All I know, is that the Russians seem to be running a better country than we are financially, militarily, politically, and economically.

I don't for a second think that Putin or Russia is in America's best interest; but unfortunately, I don't think our current government is either. Chancey

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384204
10/20/21 10:53 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Place I use to work sold a fair amount of equipment to Russia. The guys that went over their to set it up and teach them to run it didn't speak to highly of being over their. That was about 10 years ago. The average citizen lives pretty poor compared to US. Nobody was very motivated about anything. Most of the workers at the plant were pretty drunk my noon and the crime mafia had the hand in everything.

Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384205
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
If you think Russia is better run than the US, why don't you move there forthwith?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Russia [Re: Yes sir] #7384210
10/20/21 10:59 PM
10/20/21 10:59 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Good info Yes Sir. Thanks for sharing. I hear so many differing things regarding this enormous country. I've heard that situations there are so pitiful in Siberia and elsewhere that all the men are a bunch of drunkards and do not respect their women.

Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384213
10/20/21 11:04 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Russia is certainly being run better than the USA at the current time...but any moron would know that....except the libs, even a moron is smarter than them.......

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384214
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
Chancey

If you can find it read Mig Pilot. It explains Russia really well.

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384216
10/20/21 11:06 PM
10/20/21 11:06 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I have spoke with russians visiting,working or trying to immigrate here here quite often.They all say people in russia are very poor compared to people in Canada.
They dont like it over there.And never heard anything good said about Putin.
Ukrainians hate the Russians.Met quite a few of them here too over the years.Lots of Ukrainian decent in western Canada also.My buddy' brother married a Ukrainian woman-very nice woman and well educated,but nothing good to say about Russia.

Last edited by Boco; 10/20/21 11:09 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384218
10/20/21 11:09 PM
10/20/21 11:09 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Couldn't agree with you more, Chancey. Wife and I were talking about somewhere to go that ain't crazy, and I brought up Russia. Everyone has been told for years that they are the boogeyman and to hate them! Putin is kinda a macho man, but would rather have a macho man than a dope or queer! Whole dang world is crazy anymore. Elections have consequences!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384219
10/20/21 11:11 PM
10/20/21 11:11 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Putoin just closed the country down because of Covid same stuff goes on there the rich run the world and its all about money the root of all problems

Re: Russia [Re: Oh Snap] #7384224
10/20/21 11:14 PM
10/20/21 11:14 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Oh Snap
Chancey

If you can find it read Mig Pilot. It explains Russia really well.

Thank you Oh Snap! Trying to find it now.....seems a hard to get book. Chancey

Re: Russia [Re: lee steinmeyer] #7384227
10/20/21 11:20 PM
10/20/21 11:20 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Couldn't agree with you more, Chancey. Wife and I were talking about somewhere to go that ain't crazy, and I brought up Russia. Everyone has been told for years that they are the boogeyman and to hate them! Putin is kinda a macho man, but would rather have a macho man than a dope or queer! Whole dang world is crazy anymore. Elections have consequences!

Mr. Steinmeyer,
We see eye and eye together. Please know that my family prays for yours and thank your son for his service! Salt of the earth people are getting harder and harder to come by. Chancey

Re: Russia [Re: danvee] #7384235
10/20/21 11:32 PM
10/20/21 11:32 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
[quote=danvee]Putoin just closed the country down because of Covid same stuff goes on there the rich run the world and its all about money the root of all proble

Good post Danvee.

If Putin closed his country down due to Covid, then I just lost some respect for him.

Manmade worldwide virus needs a manmade worldwide cure. Just look at Moderna's stock fluctuation in the last year. A few thousand dollars this time last year, lands one 10s of thousands now.

I guess my biggest problem with this all is that it is our elderly POLITIICIANS in HIGH POSITIONS across the globe that are pushing this. Either they have stock in it or, they are scared because they have no redemption. Chancey

Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384244
10/20/21 11:53 PM
10/20/21 11:53 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I am sure they will welcome you readily if you desire to go. We have had many Russian younger men working on our large dairy farms here to earn money so they can buy land or farms either some place else or in Russia. They could not earn enough working in Russia to save money to buy farm land. They were able to get better visas then many as almost all of them spoke good English, many had degrees beyond HS equivalent. The extra time on their visas allowed them more opportunity to find ways to become citizens here or elsewhere. The WI technical College system had several groups of Ukrainians come to the US for Ag classes and several instructors from here went there to teach as well. Yes the Ukrainians did not like Russia or Russians. It was or is amazing how educated all that I met or worked with were but how limited they were in financial planning, business plans or managing businesses. The USSR and or Russian system just never taught business ownership or how to run or manage businesses. It could well have been by design, as many times when we were teaching our business management type classes there would be "guests" from the government in those classes.

Bryce

Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384245
10/20/21 11:54 PM
10/20/21 11:54 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
The rich are such a small portion of the population but they control it all. Politicians are just a tool of the rich. It don't matter what country they are from, color, sex or anything else. Consider this, have you ever heard or a Poor politician?? Putin has ever thing he wants and the rest are just their pawns to do their bidding and keep them going. They keep the wars, turmoil and strife going between us the slaves they keep our eyes focused on something to distract us from the real problems while they rob us in every way. They talk about making things better but it never changes. It doesn't matter what country the rich get richer and we get poorer and keep them served. Biden, Trump, Bush, ,Obama, Clinton, do you see any of them doing any work or worried about their next house payment or feeding their kids. Did any of them really do anything to change your life? Its just smoke and mirrors, don't matter what country.

Re: Russia [Re: bblwi] #7384249
10/21/21 12:03 AM
10/21/21 12:03 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by bblwi
I am sure they will welcome you readily if you desire to go. We have had many Russian younger men working on our large dairy farms here to earn money so they can buy land or farms either some place else or in Russia. They could not earn enough working in Russia to save money to buy farm land. They were able to get better visas then many as almost all of them spoke good English, many had degrees beyond HS equivalent. The extra time on their visas allowed them more opportunity to find ways to become citizens here or elsewhere. The WI technical College system had several groups of Ukrainians come to the US for Ag classes and several instructors from here went there to teach as well. Yes the Ukrainians did not like Russia or Russians. It was or is amazing how educated all that I met or worked with were but how limited they were in financial planning, business plans or managing businesses. The USSR and or Russian system just never taught business ownership or how to run or manage businesses. It could well have been by design, as many times when we were teaching our business management type classes there would be "guests" from the government in those classes.

Bryce

Thank you for your response Bryce. I always value your input on here; particularly on farm, ranch, and commodities.
I bolded the sentence above because I would like your thoughts on it. Do you think that a current college aged kid that has a good work ethic and a degree in agronomy, horticulture, or ag economics could by a farm in this country to start his own farm from scratch?

Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384252
10/21/21 12:08 AM
10/21/21 12:08 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by Chancey
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer

Mr. Steinmeyer,
We see eye and eye together. Please know that my family prays for yours and thank your son for his service! Salt of the earth people are getting harder and harder to come by. Chancey

Thank you Chancey, that was a very nice thing to say, and I'll pass your words on to my son. Will you be at the spring Tx rondy in April, if so wouldd like to shake your hand and sit a spell!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384253
10/21/21 12:10 AM
10/21/21 12:10 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
You know this country is in dire straits when Putin is thought of higher than the dimwit, moron we have in the Oval Office.

Re: Russia [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7384257
10/21/21 12:22 AM
10/21/21 12:22 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Probably not as things are going here now but with those degrees, knowledge and work background you will make way, way more income here then in Russia. If you found the right opportunity you could become an LLC partner or co-owner here more likely than in Russia. Also the real problem in Russia is they have never really established a very good marketing system or the infrastructure to support a food system or almost any other system for that matter. Also there is a lot of high level corruption to deal with as well. Russia has a very well established oil, fertilizer and vodka system. The first two mostly for exports and getting the rich, richer. The vodka is the revenue that runs the government through taxes and with some of the highest rates of alcohol addiction in the world that is good for the government but really hurts worker productivity.
Due to corruption, poor business education and not knowing how to create a private sector economy, democracy or capitalism that creates working and middle class cultures never has happened. There has never been a "honeymoon" time for Russians after the breakup of the union and there may well never be any.

Bryce

Re: Russia [Re: Chancey] #7384259
10/21/21 12:26 AM
10/21/21 12:26 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Yes Sir, Mr. Steinmeyer, the wind blows both ways. I will make sure I am there to shake your hand this spring. I wasn't able to make the fall rondy this past weekend, but my uncle went and told me about it. My uncle taught me everything I know about trapping when I was a young boy; and then I was fortunate to learn more about it from men like you. Stinks, that I didn't make it because this falls' rondy was in Gatesville which is much closer to home. In the old days, the fall rondy was always in Dublin and the spring rondy would change from year to year.

Re: Russia [Re: bblwi] #7384261
10/21/21 12:34 AM
10/21/21 12:34 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by bblwi
Probably not as things are going here now but with those degrees, knowledge and work background you will make way, way more income here then in Russia. If you found the right opportunity you could become an LLC partner or co-owner here more likely than in Russia. Also the real problem in Russia is they have never really established a very good marketing system or the infrastructure to support a food system or almost any other system for that matter. Also there is a lot of high level corruption to deal with as well. Russia has a very well established oil, fertilizer and vodka system. The first two mostly for exports and getting the rich, richer. The vodka is the revenue that runs the government through taxes and with some of the highest rates of alcohol addiction in the world that is good for the government but really hurts worker productivity.
Due to corruption, poor business education and not knowing how to create a private sector economy, democracy or capitalism that creates working and middle class cultures never has happened. There has never been a "honeymoon" time for Russians after the breakup of the union and there may well never be any.

Bryce

Thank you for the insight and real world experience Bryce. Your contributions on this forum are greatly appreciated by me, and I am sure many others.

I just got back from visiting with farmers in SW Minnesota. I am so envious of ya'lls mollisol soils! Never in my raising have I seen a gopher digging in our blackland vertisols! Chancey

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread