No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384328
10/21/21 07:14 AM
10/21/21 07:14 AM
Louisiana
AirportTrapper Offline
trapper
AirportTrapper  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
I feel it is too late to invest in bitcoin. I doubt it goes much higher

If it makes a track on this earth , I can catch it.
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: AirportTrapper] #7384382
10/21/21 08:42 AM
10/21/21 08:42 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Originally Posted by AirportTrapper

That's what people were saying when it hit 10,000, then 20,000, then 30,000 so on and so forth. Right now early speculation is it's going to hit 100,000.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: ] #7384404
10/21/21 09:06 AM
10/21/21 09:06 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher
Those bills in your wallet are created with zero effort by people who hate you and your way of life. Good luck to you sir.

I'm used to being hated by the powers that be and they've been at it all my life so nothing new there. My problem, I just can't bring myself to trust imaginary currency that only exist online. it still looks like a "pyramid scheme" to me. Hey good luck to you too bud and hope it all works out for you.
[/quote]

I think what he was saying is the dollar in your pocket it bases on nothing since the US went off the gold standard. The federal reserve is a private bank not ran by the government.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: elkaholic] #7384414
10/21/21 09:21 AM
10/21/21 09:21 AM
Louisiana
AirportTrapper Offline
trapper
AirportTrapper  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Originally Posted by elkaholic
Originally Posted by AirportTrapper

That's what people were saying when it hit 10,000, then 20,000, then 30,000 so on and so forth. Right now early speculation is it's going to hit 100,000.

Even if it reaches 100k, you have to dump some serious money into it now to really make anything.

If it makes a track on this earth , I can catch it.
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384435
10/21/21 09:44 AM
10/21/21 09:44 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
APT, in a sense you are right, the time for getting rich quick has passed.

But if it goes from 65 k to a 100k that is a pretty good return on investment.

Either way, it's going well past 100k.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384437
10/21/21 09:48 AM
10/21/21 09:48 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
100k is on the low end for Bitcoin projections. Not saying it will go that way though

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384441
10/21/21 09:59 AM
10/21/21 09:59 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Online content
trapper
upstateNY  Online Content
trapper
U

ny
I will keep my beans,,bullets and bandaids. you guys keep your pretend money.See who eats better in the end. smile

Last edited by upstateNY; 10/21/21 10:00 AM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: upstateNY] #7384442
10/21/21 10:03 AM
10/21/21 10:03 AM
NE Wisconsin
DecoyMacoy Offline
trapper
DecoyMacoy  Offline
trapper

NE Wisconsin
Originally Posted by upstateNY
I will keep my beans,,bullets and bandaids. you guys keep your pretend money.See who eats better in the end. smile

You'll find most Bitcoiners also stack the things you mention.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: AirportTrapper] #7384453
10/21/21 10:16 AM
10/21/21 10:16 AM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
But there is more than Bitcoin. It’s a very complicated system but crypto is more than just a currency.

Crypto is a computer code (math equation) that can’t be duplicated or replicated. Once the code is discovered (mined) it can’t be done again. I’m not a computer wiz so I don’t fully know how that works. These codes can be used for many purposes.

The big one everyone is excited for is digital contracts. Contracts that can’t be forged. So companies don’t have to worry about fraudulent contracts, and customers don’t have to worry about fraudulent changes to these contracts.

Right now, digital storage is what’s booming (Etherium or ETH). They are storage blocks that can’t be hacked because they are made with a code that can’t be replicated. So once you own the code (the coin), it’s yours. Some banks and large firms are already using the Etherium storage blocks.

Because there’s codes are restricted to a certain amount of digits, there is only so many that can be “mind”. This is where demand will come into play in the future.

To further complicate these things, you have chain links that connect these digital blocks to you. These two are done in codes. There’s many companies that form that provide these services in a decentralized format, that have their own codes (coins). You can also purchase these coins.

So Bitcoin is the main currency in the crypto world. It can be traded for other coins for other services. So there is still lots of places to make money. These coins play like stocks. They are normally bought with Bitcoin but apps like Coinbase make it easy and do all the converting for you. You pay with money and they convert it into Bitcoin and then convert it into the coin you are looking to invest in.

So it’s true. Once all the bit coin is mined (they are at like 60% right now) they predict Bitcoin could hit $500k to $1M. So that’s not as big of a jump as when it got down to below a dollar and the now $66k. But these other coins still have a lot of room to grow.

The crypto market does fluctuate a lot right now. Bitcoin went from $65k to $40k in a day a couple months back. Etherium went from $4.5k then dropped to $1.8k. But just like stocks, you don’t loose your money until you sell. Bitcoin has now passed $66k and etherum is up to $4.2k. Doge Coin went from .001 to .74 in a couple months. There was a good number of people who became millionaires over that time.

My opinion is to invest a little. Extra money that you don’t mind if you lose. That’s why I use part of my fur check. Spread it out to different coins. Like I said, Coinbase is a great place to start and gives you many options and it’s easy. I then like to put a couple hundred in a month. Sometimes I don’t have any extra to put in so I don’t. It doesn’t take long before you can take your original investment back out. Sometimes it might tank. This is when you buy. Crypto has been around since 2013. It us had many ups and downs, but always goes up. Now I know that’s not a guarantee. But so far, that’s what has happened. After I pull out my original investment, I let the remaining money sit. You never know when one of these coins is going to boom.

If traps work like the Antis say......I would have no fingers.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: Chancey] #7384490
10/21/21 11:03 AM
10/21/21 11:03 AM
NE Wisconsin
DecoyMacoy Offline
trapper
DecoyMacoy  Offline
trapper

NE Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Chancey

I don't know anything about cryptocurrency. Honest question, how will it make us more free?

Bitcoin takes away the States ability to control the money supply which will significantly limit its power in nearly every aspect.

When held properly Bitcoin is extremely difficult for even a powerful State actor to confiscate. Taxation will rely more on willful giving than theft, as it is now.

(PS its important to keep in mind that the "crypto" space is not Bitcoin. Lumping BTC in with endless scams, false promises, tokens that are just store coupons and pretend decentralization makes it hard for noobs grasp the importance of Bitcoin.)

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #7384503
10/21/21 11:15 AM
10/21/21 11:15 AM
NE Wisconsin
DecoyMacoy Offline
trapper
DecoyMacoy  Offline
trapper

NE Wisconsin
Originally Posted by cat_trapper_nv
But there is more than Bitcoin. It’s a very complicated system but crypto is more than just a currency.

Crypto is a computer code (math equation) that can’t be duplicated or replicated. Once the code is discovered (mined) it can’t be done again. I’m not a computer wiz so I don’t fully know how that works. These codes can be used for many purposes.

The big one everyone is excited for is digital contracts. Contracts that can’t be forged. So companies don’t have to worry about fraudulent contracts, and customers don’t have to worry about fraudulent changes to these contracts.

Right now, digital storage is what’s booming (Etherium or ETH). They are storage blocks that can’t be hacked because they are made with a code that can’t be replicated. So once you own the code (the coin), it’s yours. Some banks and large firms are already using the Etherium storage blocks.

Because there’s codes are restricted to a certain amount of digits, there is only so many that can be “mind”. This is where demand will come into play in the future.

To further complicate these things, you have chain links that connect these digital blocks to you. These two are done in codes. There’s many companies that form that provide these services in a decentralized format, that have their own codes (coins). You can also purchase these coins.

So Bitcoin is the main currency in the crypto world. It can be traded for other coins for other services. So there is still lots of places to make money. These coins play like stocks. They are normally bought with Bitcoin but apps like Coinbase make it easy and do all the converting for you. You pay with money and they convert it into Bitcoin and then convert it into the coin you are looking to invest in.

So it’s true. Once all the bit coin is mined (they are at like 60% right now) they predict Bitcoin could hit $500k to $1M. So that’s not as big of a jump as when it got down to below a dollar and the now $66k. But these other coins still have a lot of room to grow.

The crypto market does fluctuate a lot right now. Bitcoin went from $65k to $40k in a day a couple months back. Etherium went from $4.5k then dropped to $1.8k. But just like stocks, you don’t loose your money until you sell. Bitcoin has now passed $66k and etherum is up to $4.2k. Doge Coin went from .001 to .74 in a couple months. There was a good number of people who became millionaires over that time.

My opinion is to invest a little. Extra money that you don’t mind if you lose. That’s why I use part of my fur check. Spread it out to different coins. Like I said, Coinbase is a great place to start and gives you many options and it’s easy. I then like to put a couple hundred in a month. Sometimes I don’t have any extra to put in so I don’t. It doesn’t take long before you can take your original investment back out. Sometimes it might tank. This is when you buy. Crypto has been around since 2013. It us had many ups and downs, but always goes up. Now I know that’s not a guarantee. But so far, that’s what has happened. After I pull out my original investment, I let the remaining money sit. You never know when one of these coins is going to boom.

This is complete nonsense. You'll read this in 5- 10 years and laugh at yourself. Just as I cringe reading the things I wrote in 2016/2017, parroting the morons, scammers and charlatans I was following for "crypto" advice at the time.

Seriously though good luck. I sincerely hope you strike it rich in crypto.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: DecoyMacoy] #7384511
10/21/21 11:21 AM
10/21/21 11:21 AM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
Originally Posted by DecoyMacoy

This is complete nonsense. You'll read this in 5- 10 years and laugh at yourself. Just as I cringe reading the things I wrote in 2016/2017, parroting the morons, scammers and charlatans I was following for "crypto" advice at the time.

Seriously though good luck. I sincerely hope you strike it rich in crypto.

Haha if you would have listened to those guys, you would have struck it rich haha. I wish I would have gotten into it in 2016/2017 but I didn’t get onboard till the end of 2018. The beginning of 2017, Bitcoin was at about $1,100 a coin, and Etherum was at $1 a block. I would be Cringing with regret of I was you as well haha.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384521
10/21/21 11:36 AM
10/21/21 11:36 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Yep prophecies showing up more each day Revelations are unfolding in front of us !!

According to Hal Lindsay, there is a major significance in Russia and China's partnership in military exercises regarding the end of the church age. Read Ezekiel.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384537
10/21/21 12:00 PM
10/21/21 12:00 PM
NE Wisconsin
DecoyMacoy Offline
trapper
DecoyMacoy  Offline
trapper

NE Wisconsin

Haha if you would have listened to those guys, you would have struck it rich haha. I wish I would have gotten into it in 2016/2017 but I didn’t get onboard till the end of 2018. The beginning of 2017, Bitcoin was at about $1,100 a coin, and Etherum was at $1 a block. I would be Cringing with regret of I was you as well haha.

You may want to check out some charts comparing your favorite coins to Bitcoin rather than to USD. IE XXX/BTC rather than XXX/USD. What you'll see is almost every coin/token pumped, then insiders dump, then a slow death grind lower. Good luck timing those P&D's. You'll see thing a lot different pricing the world in BTC terms rather than USD.

I'm into Bitcoin to escape the USD. If you're into "crypto" for USD gains more power to you and I wish you best of luck.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: DecoyMacoy] #7384570
10/21/21 12:50 PM
10/21/21 12:50 PM
Southern Nevada
C
cat_trapper_nv Offline
"Cat Master"
cat_trapper_nv  Offline
"Cat Master"
C

Southern Nevada
Originally Posted by DecoyMacoy

You may want to check out some charts comparing your favorite coins to Bitcoin rather than to USD. IE XXX/BTC rather than XXX/USD. What you'll see is almost every coin/token pumped, then insiders dump, then a slow death grind lower. Good luck timing those P&D's. You'll see thing a lot different pricing the world in BTC terms rather than USD.

I'm into Bitcoin to escape the USD. If you're into "crypto" for USD gains more power to you and I wish you best of luck.

That’s why I just hold. You don’t lose until you sell. And I look at things in terms of BTC. Etherum has gained against BTC over the course of this year. Same with my Doge Coin. If you look at crypto as long term, you don’t need to worry about pumps and dumps. Just add a little here and there. If you try to time things, you will lose. I’ve done well with crypto over the last 3 years. If it all goes to zero and dies out, I’m still on top. If it keeps doing what it’s doing, I’ll retire young and become a full time hobby trapper

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #7384610
10/21/21 01:18 PM
10/21/21 01:18 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky

Yes and with the touch of a key stroke or the burning fart of the right world leader and it will all fall apart ......

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384615
10/21/21 01:30 PM
10/21/21 01:30 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by jbyrd63

Yes and with the touch of a key stroke or the burning fart of the right world leader and it will all fall apart ......

Jbyrd You are in over your head.

NVcatrapper, doge will go to zero. Eventually supply will outpace demand

Last edited by Steven 49er; 10/21/21 01:31 PM.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: cat_trapper_nv] #7384619
10/21/21 01:44 PM
10/21/21 01:44 PM
NE Wisconsin
DecoyMacoy Offline
trapper
DecoyMacoy  Offline
trapper

NE Wisconsin

That’s why I just hold. You don’t lose until you sell. And I look at things in terms of BTC. Etherum has gained against BTC over the course of this year. Same with my Doge Coin. If you look at crypto as long term, you don’t need to worry about pumps and dumps. Just add a little here and there. If you try to time things, you will lose. I’ve done well with crypto over the last 3 years. If it all goes to zero and dies out, I’m still on top. If it keeps doing what it’s doing, I’ll retire young and become a full time hobby trapper

ETH all-time high is .120 BTC in 2017. Current price .064 BTC Roughly -50%

DOGE all-time high is .000011650 BTC earlier this year. Current price .00000380 BTC. Roughly -70%

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384628
10/21/21 02:05 PM
10/21/21 02:05 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
In terms of % gains ETH has done better than BTC. Nearly double over the last year. I doubt it ever comes within. 1/10th of BTCs value sans governmental intervention.

Re: Bitcoin part of rapture [Re: jbyrd63] #7384645
10/21/21 02:20 PM
10/21/21 02:20 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

This turned to a crypto post but as far as the rapture,

Comes in the air
For the believers only
Believers depart
Jesus claims His bride
Jesus rewards the saints
No signs ahead of time
It's a blessing and a comfort
Happens in a moment
After which Tribulation begins....

Money of any sort will be meaningless to those raptured but the left behinds will migrate by consensus and coercion to a global monetary system as part of the Tribulation epic.
Is the emerging worldwide crypto monetary system a coincidence?
Nope.
Makes perfect sense in the grand scheme of things.

I would imagine that once millions have been raptured, and the world goes nutso, that next period of at least seven years will see the price of crypto be pretty volatile smirk crazy

Blessings,
Mark

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread