No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387022
10/24/21 02:04 PM
10/24/21 02:04 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Here the house owner is responsible for the service lines from the house to the main. The city takes care of the mains.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387039
10/24/21 02:23 PM
10/24/21 02:23 PM
iowa
bankrunner Offline
trapper
bankrunner  Offline
trapper

iowa
You can call 811 and tell them you are planting a tree and they will come and locate water,sewer and utilities. Then you will know there location.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: ~ADC~] #7387048
10/24/21 02:29 PM
10/24/21 02:29 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
That won't help Steven. They are all in on it. They are making money and in the process pushing out dave, just like the rich folks in the neighborhood want them to.

Yup, I think the main reason is to push out Dave. They just happen to be making money doing it.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387076
10/24/21 02:50 PM
10/24/21 02:50 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I wouldn't want to be your age and be in the financial situation you claim to be in Coonman. You really need to make better decisions while you can still work.
Not ragging on ya, which you might not understand at the moment but on down the road you're going to wish you did things differently than your doing now.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387077
10/24/21 02:52 PM
10/24/21 02:52 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
Groundhog day already?

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: wetdog] #7387082
10/24/21 02:56 PM
10/24/21 02:56 PM
Wyoming County Pa.
Hornady Reloader Offline
trapper
Hornady Reloader  Offline
trapper

Wyoming County Pa.
Originally Posted by wetdog
Groundhog day already?

Yup another train wreck.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387086
10/24/21 02:58 PM
10/24/21 02:58 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I'm hoping he's alot better off than he portraits.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: Steven 49er] #7387094
10/24/21 03:09 PM
10/24/21 03:09 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Originally Posted by coonman220
The city clerk don't really know anything other written down on paper , I see in spring alot mark underground utility lines an call an ask, she told me all new gas lines, I call gas co an left message an was call back an totaly bewildered, they ask if leak gas line an was not happy with city clerks answer what was go on it didn't sound like, they knew exactly go in, tele communication fiberoptic line be out in, try sign everyone up it, noone did in 2 houses next me, there nothing I can do, just wonder what might happen if my existing sewer lines don't go out st in front house be replaced an go clear out back other lines to another st , there are fine an hope city don't say all new lines, that would not go on assement an u have pay at least $10k I thinking as be very bad job, I guess find out, I not going call up tell them that as they likely say yes, u got dig a new line in month, maybe they send town cop to door an demand payment or else !

The city clerk doesn't know anything as this is not their job and frankly above his/her paygrade. I again suggest you call the engineering firm and ask about your lateral, they will find out anyway and instead of waiting until next April, you'll know now.

You didn't answer my question, does your property run to the street out the back as you put it? If it does, I'd be more than a little surprised you have to do anything with it.j Now if your lateral goes across someone else's property or yours connects with the neighbors it's hard to say and there is only one way to find out.

It's been my experience in the last two cases that many times the city will cap a new lateral on the new street and when the homeowner has to repair their sewer line the homeowner will then replace it to the stubbed line.

No doubt you'll ignore everything I and everyone else has stated and you'll wait until next year and then proceed to say everyone is out to get you and people are dirty. There is no doubt in my mind you have had ample opportunity to address the city council and engineering firm leading up to this point yet like everything else you have ignored it and blame others.

It's been decades since I've seen a city street reconstruct project where there hasn't been a notification and comment period.

My water line goes straight out front to street , sewer line goes out back on big lot with someone else's sewer an runs to different street , no street close in back where sewer is, I was just thinking today that what would happen if city say can't have like that an have dig a new sewer line, it would be terrible an dont have the money or would do it if did, it would be fine if leave as is but don't know what happen, it would cost mega $1000 s if had to, not sure what they would do if say had dig out new sewer immediately an I told them well not ? Not hook up water line on street when come time to if refuse ? This stuff could get bad , I rember when bought house the realtor check to see if any projects come an none , she say never buy house if street projects up come as very bad unless lots money , was mail 1 letter about it an was told one more, the bill an that is it an if not pay 30 days from due date , go to courthouse on taxes, this sewer line stuff is a different deal , well if something bad happens like force pay for new sewer an told or else, I say no, no idea what happen, lot ppl go bankrupt court over this stuff all time

Last edited by coonman220; 10/24/21 03:16 PM.
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387107
10/24/21 03:30 PM
10/24/21 03:30 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
I know the sewer line is a "different deal" Dave.

I've been involved in this line of work for 25 years. My guess is they'll cap a stub on your property line in the front and if ever you or your neighbor ever needs to do some work on the line they will require it to be made right. Now that is only an educated guess, I don't know what the codes in your city are
There is only one way to find out and if it were me I'd talk to the engineer and get it figured out ahead of time whether you like it or not.

If you got a letter you had every opportunity to be a part of this process, you had every opportunity to drum up neighborhood support to get it shot down the project if it's a purely cosmetic reconstruction as you suggest. Make all the excuses you want, you had ample opportunity. Like everything else you ignored it. Possibly it isn't too late to get this project shut down, I've seen it done as long as the sewer or water isn't in need of repair. Have you talked with the mayor? Council member? Went to any meetings? It's been six months

What would happen if they require you to replace the sewer line to the house and you don't? I'd guess they would have their contractor do it and you'd get a bill.

This isn't going away. Take something head on for once.

Last edited by Steven 49er; 10/24/21 03:33 PM.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387112
10/24/21 03:31 PM
10/24/21 03:31 PM
Iowa
C
CTRAPS Offline
trapper
CTRAPS  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa
Well, Dave, look at the gloomy side. At least you have more to worry about. That should make you even more miserable than you are most of the time.

Have you heard any rumors about a big, foreign national company wanting your property so they can build a plant to process badger and possum pelts?

Life Member: ITA, IBA & NRA. Member of SA, FTA & NTA
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387122
10/24/21 03:41 PM
10/24/21 03:41 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Online content
The Count
~ADC~  Online Content
The Count

Iowa
I'm guessing they just want a more ethnically diverse neighborhood. Too many old white men in one area is bad for appearances.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: ~ADC~] #7387123
10/24/21 03:42 PM
10/24/21 03:42 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
I'm guessing they just want a more ethnically diverse neighborhood. Too many old white men in one area is bad for appearances.

whistle

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387124
10/24/21 03:43 PM
10/24/21 03:43 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Yeah Dave. Be a good American and roll over. If they are not abandoning the sewer on the other street there is no reason for you to have to hook up to the new sewer. Your current connection should be grandfathered. I agree you need to address this now.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: FairbanksLS] #7387138
10/24/21 03:58 PM
10/24/21 03:58 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by white dog
Yeah Dave. Be a good American and roll over. If they are not abandoning the sewer on the other street there is no reason for you to have to hook up to the new sewer. Your current connection should be grandfathered. I agree you need to address this now.

Yup, it'll be a hoot if they are doing both streets.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387162
10/24/21 04:32 PM
10/24/21 04:32 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
Think of the resale value , after they get the project finished!

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: Canvasback2] #7387165
10/24/21 04:34 PM
10/24/21 04:34 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Canvasback2

Dave won't see that money. They will push him out and take his house before then and sell it for a profit.

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387170
10/24/21 04:41 PM
10/24/21 04:41 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Online content
trapper
Vinke  Online Content
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Glad they are picking on you not me…. Lol
#wespelllikefish

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: DelawareRob] #7387179
10/24/21 04:53 PM
10/24/21 04:53 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Online content
The Count
~ADC~  Online Content
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by Canvasback2

Dave won't see that money. They will push him out and take his house before then and sell it for a profit.

X2 Probably give a nice family of minorities a big break on the cost with the grants they get from the government, when they resell it too.

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: Steven 49er] #7387190
10/24/21 05:10 PM
10/24/21 05:10 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
I know the sewer line is a "different deal" Dave.

I've been involved in this line of work for 25 years. My guess is they'll cap a stub on your property line in the front and if ever you or your neighbor ever needs to do some work on the line they will require it to be made right. Now that is only an educated guess, I don't know what the codes in your city are
There is only one way to find out and if it were me I'd talk to the engineer and get it figured out ahead of time whether you like it or not.

If you got a letter you had every opportunity to be a part of this process, you had every opportunity to drum up neighborhood support to get it shot down the project if it's a purely cosmetic reconstruction as you suggest. Make all the excuses you want, you had ample opportunity. Like everything else you ignored it. Possibly it isn't too late to get this project shut down, I've seen it done as long as the sewer or water isn't in need of repair. Have you talked with the mayor? Council member? Went to any meetings? It's been six months

What would happen if they require you to replace the sewer line to the house and you don't? I'd guess they would have their contractor do it and you'd get a bill.

This isn't going away. Take something head on for once.

I hope that all it is , a cap by curb if ever decide to do sewer work as think this morning that be doom if made sewer go straight out street, very expensive an bad, many thousands , if ask city engineer , scary , probly say have look into it, I might just wait till happen as think he may just say ya u do for sure an don't, , there was nothing could do to shut down project, I ask clerk about something last winter about snowplow knock out curb an say not worry about it as almost for certain curb be gone in less 2 years, I got letter say it was go happen an if want go meet an find out about park an time project to attend, u had no say so if happen, I call clerk an told me next April an might not be able park home lit as street rip out , say I get 2 letters, a estimate an bill, that it, no other communication an if don't pay it go courthouse , she don't know much more I do , not lot can do , if they come knock my door I go say sewer work good an no money or not replace it is all do , worse case scenario is contact bankruptcy attorney

Re: Infrastructure street project by home [Re: coonman220] #7387196
10/24/21 05:21 PM
10/24/21 05:21 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Bankruptcy attorney won't do you any good, these are costs that won't go away in a bankruptcy proceeding.

Why are you talking to the clerk they don't know anything. Talk to your city council member, talk to the mayor, talk to your neighbors and go to the meetings.

You're right and I stand corrected, I think the best thing to do is click your heels together and hope it goes away.

You won't be able to park in front of your house for a while. Depending on the size of the project it could very well be a couple of months. If it's a couple of blocks more like 2 to 4 weeks.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread