No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Good sign doin some urban scouting #7397691
11/05/21 08:32 PM
11/05/21 08:32 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Found this while looking around the local dumpsters to see who's got the most critters and found out somone feeds the local feral cats at one perticular one. Bet theirs coon and possum a plenty coming in here. grin
[Linked Image]
Nice little wooded area behind the place and they said they don't really care about a cage trap or two.

Re: Good sign doin some urban scouting [Re: Wolfdog91] #7397726
11/05/21 09:01 PM
11/05/21 09:01 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
yeah they caught a beaver here on main street yesterday

it appeared to have an injured paw so a rehab center offered to come pick it up

if they are feeding the cats and such your going to want to take everything live tell people your relocating it to a better place , a better place for you to skin it that is

there are a bunch of ladies actually a few men also that feed the feral's down town , have them all named also

those are some fat ferals they go from business to business in the alley getting fed

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 11/05/21 09:02 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Good sign doin some urban scouting [Re: Wolfdog91] #7397790
11/05/21 10:06 PM
11/05/21 10:06 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Found this while looking around the local dumpsters to see who's got the most critters and found out somone feeds the local feral cats at one perticular one. Bet theirs coon and possum a plenty coming in here. grin
[Linked Image]
Nice little wooded area behind the place and they said they don't really care about a cage trap or two.

Don't do it unless you want nothing but grief from the crazy cat ladies. Been there done that and you'll get your traps damaged or stolen, the game warden won't touch it, the local popo will give you the stink eye and the property owner will run you off rather than tell the cat nutter to pound sand.

But I'm the crazy cat hater that will wade into that mess and make some ditch tigers disappear.

[Linked Image]
Re: Good sign doin some urban scouting [Re: Wolfdog91] #7397843
11/05/21 11:24 PM
11/05/21 11:24 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I would put a whole lot of box traps at one location at a time. Wait there with the traps and pull them all in about 2 hours with your catches to dispatch elsewhere. Coons that are used to eating out of dumpsters will come out as soon as it is dark, in generally large numbers. If you leave the traps there overnight to be discovered, especially by cat people, your are going to have big trouble.

Get your permission in writing, from someone authorized to give it. I used to trap pigeons at a lot of gas stations, nurseries, pizza places, feed mills and doughnut shops, that had flat roofs. I had issues early on where the person who gave me permission wasn't the one I needed permission from. Having a note saved me from trouble twice.

Keith

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread