No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ideal for a billion dollar company #7400597
11/09/21 01:02 PM
11/09/21 01:02 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
With all these electric cars going on the road just think what happens if one runs out of power on the interstate or highway With gas you just grab a jug and your off. Bet a person can get government money to fund it Stick it to the amuck stopped on the road who then get reembursed by Bono and the squad ! Going to be big demand for this service!!

Last edited by jbyrd63; 11/09/21 10:24 PM.
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: jbyrd63] #7400600
11/09/21 01:07 PM
11/09/21 01:07 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Uncle Joe says by 2030 there will be 500,000 charging stations available.
Has anyone ever said what the cost will be to charge a vehicle? You know it's not going to be free.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: Trapper7] #7400611
11/09/21 01:16 PM
11/09/21 01:16 PM
Iowa
C
CTRAPS Offline
trapper
CTRAPS  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Uncle Joe says by 2030 there will be 500,000 charging stations available.
Has anyone ever said what the cost will be to charge a vehicle? You know it's not going to be free.

He doesn't know what's going on in 2021, let alone what he thinks will happen in 2030.

Life Member: ITA, IBA & NRA. Member of SA, FTA & NTA
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: jbyrd63] #7400620
11/09/21 01:25 PM
11/09/21 01:25 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Don't worry , if your electric vehicle dies on the highway , they will send out a GASOLINE or DIESEL flatbed to tow you to a charging station.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: jbyrd63] #7400621
11/09/21 01:26 PM
11/09/21 01:26 PM
Tug Hill, NY
Redknot Offline
trapper
Redknot  Offline
trapper

Tug Hill, NY
It really doesn't matter if there are a million charging stations available...It will not be the amount of charging stations necessarly, but the time it takes to charge. What does it take you now to pull off the interstate and fill your tank at the Pilot? Three to five minutes? How many cars use that particular pump at the Pilot in an hour 10?? so, perhaps 150 cars per hour at the Pilot?

It is going to take at least 3 hours to charge your EV at that station...What are the other EVs going to do while you are charging?? Run out of juice???

The only way this will work is, we stop driving across the Country to see family, Amtrack upgrades tenfold or we develop some sort of third-rail continues charge lanes on our Interstate systems. I guess they will have to figure out ways to make that safe and invoice those using it more or less the same way they electronically collect tolls....

~Illegitimi Non Carborundum~
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: jbyrd63] #7400622
11/09/21 01:27 PM
11/09/21 01:27 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
With all these electric cars going on the road just think what happens if one runs out of power on the interstate or highway With gas you just grab a jug and your off. Bet a person can get government money to fund it Stick it to the amuck stopped on the road who then get reembursed by Bono and the squad ! Going to be big demand for this service!!

In the future people wont travel in private vehicles of any sort-mass transit ,high speed rail(electric) between cities and public transportation within cities-Subways busses etc.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: jbyrd63] #7400625
11/09/21 01:30 PM
11/09/21 01:30 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
the answer to basically everything that goes wrong with a EV is a flatbed tow truck

dead battery - flat bed

blown fuse - flat bed

broken cooling line - flat bed

cost to charge a EV , it of course depends on the model but they range form about 50KW to 100KW for a full charge

cost of a KW runs between about 12 and 23 cents depending where you are but say an average of 18 cents so averages out to between 9 and 18 dollars to fully charge but you need about 6 hours to do it and it will give you a range of between 150 and 400 miles , you get to decide based on how comfortable you want to be , freeze or sweat your stones off you can go close to the expected mileage of the car so many are about 300 miles you might get 275 for 10 dollars of charging if you don't use the heat or air.

use the air to get comfortable and you basically cut the mileage in half now your 300 mile rated car goes 150

make it cold and you want to be warm without wearing your coat as many are currently accustomed to in a car

hey maybe the next boom in the fur market will be EV seat cover and lap blankets

if you spend 13 dollars to go 150 miles your getting about 11 1/2 miles per dollar or roughly equivalent to the same size car running on gas with gas at 3.15 a gallon

now lets talk electric infastructire every house getting a EV is about the equivalent of every house getting a second big full house air conditioner

we already don't have enough power now many times of the year in many states to not have rolling black outs

no problem we just need to ad 364X more wind mills to power the EV and then hope for regular windy

every highway will need high tension lines running down it also to transport this power

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: Boco] #7400629
11/09/21 01:34 PM
11/09/21 01:34 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Boco

In the future people wont travel in private vehicles of any sort-mass transit ,high speed rail(electric) between cities and public transportation within cities-Subways busses etc.

you are absolutely correct they can't have all these rural dwellers living free hunting and trapping , need you all confined to a city stacked on top of each other on Mexican Beer Virus lockdown year 30

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: Boco] #7400634
11/09/21 01:39 PM
11/09/21 01:39 PM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
Originally Posted by Boco

seems to be a theme here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U

Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: jbyrd63] #7400639
11/09/21 01:46 PM
11/09/21 01:46 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
Why start a company that if in fact it becomes a million dollar company they will tax you into oblivion!

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: Redknot] #7400642
11/09/21 01:48 PM
11/09/21 01:48 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by Redknot
It really doesn't matter if there are a million charging stations available...It will not be the amount of charging stations necessarly, but the time it takes to charge. What does it take you now to pull off the interstate and fill your tank at the Pilot? Three to five minutes? How many cars use that particular pump at the Pilot in an hour 10?? so, perhaps 150 cars per hour at the Pilot?

It is going to take at least 3 hours to charge your EV at that station...What are the other EVs going to do while you are charging?? Run out of juice???

The only way this will work is, we stop driving across the Country to see family, Amtrack upgrades tenfold or we develop some sort of third-rail continues charge lanes on our Interstate systems. I guess they will have to figure out ways to make that safe and invoice those using it more or less the same way they electronically collect tolls....

Tesla advertises their superchargers can deliver up to 200 miles on a 15 minute charge.

With current tech I'm not a fan of EVs but they are coming and I expect that there will be improvements. If I lived and commuted in a big city I'd own one.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: jbyrd63] #7400645
11/09/21 01:50 PM
11/09/21 01:50 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Don't electric cars operate on free sunshine and free wind? And, they will power your home.

Last edited by charles; 11/09/21 01:51 PM.
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: jbyrd63] #7400655
11/09/21 01:55 PM
11/09/21 01:55 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
Maybe it’s been covered in previous posts here but …What is going to generate all the power needed, wind, solar or something new?

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: Steven 49er] #7400657
11/09/21 01:56 PM
11/09/21 01:56 PM
Tug Hill, NY
Redknot Offline
trapper
Redknot  Offline
trapper

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Originally Posted by Redknot

Tesla advertises their superchargers can deliver up to 200 miles on a 15 minute charge.

With current tech I'm not a fan of EVs but they are coming and I expect that there will be improvements. If I lived and commuted in a big city I'd own one.

Yes Steven, the Tesla superchargers which is a type III charger can charge at 170 miles in about a half hour, but the Type IIs (most common) that are now being placed in parking areas, government buildings, etc, are the three-hour chargers...The type Is are basically a 70 amp 120ac home outlet, which will take eight hours or so.

I strongly believe the only way the US can do this is with some sort of third-rail charging while traveling on portions of Interstate Highways...

Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: Trapper7] #7400659
11/09/21 02:03 PM
11/09/21 02:03 PM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Online content
trapper
Scott__aR  Online Content
trapper

Wisconsin
What everyone with their head in the EV clouds seems to overlook ... Energy (creation and conversion) isn't free, monetarily or environmentally! All the politicians are doing is shifting the costs using a shell game.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: Oh Snap] #7400662
11/09/21 02:09 PM
11/09/21 02:09 PM
Tug Hill, NY
Redknot Offline
trapper
Redknot  Offline
trapper

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by Oh Snap
Maybe it’s been covered in previous posts here but …What is going to generate all the power needed, wind, solar or something new?

I recently attended a renewable energy conference where a speaker had a PowerPoint slide showing a hand-drawing of a car at a charger and a High tension powerline in the background...I stopped him and told him he needed to add to his drawing and he ask what it needed...I told him that further in the background he needed a drawing of a cooling tower....

Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: jbyrd63] #7400670
11/09/21 02:20 PM
11/09/21 02:20 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
Our power infrastructure is so old that it’s gonna take billions of dollars to rebuild the powerlines and then what’s going to create power?

This whole electric vehicle and renewable energy is a pipe dream and part of the ideas to take this great country down! Oil use has been part of the world history since biblical times. I’ve read that wells that were once dry they’ve gone back in and oil is there again and I believe that oil is a renewable resource.

All the conversation about electric vehicles electric airplanes electric semi’s it’s all a smokescreen and all the trying to do is stop the movement of the people, free movement!!!

Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: jbyrd63] #7400708
11/09/21 04:04 PM
11/09/21 04:04 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
The last coal fired power house built was here at the university of Alaska. The bid cost was 245 million + change orders and produces 17 megawatts. If they would have built a natural gas power house the annual gas cost would be 20 Billion. Coal was a percent of that since there is a world scale coal mine 3 hours from the plant. The plant burns clean.

Alaska has only several thousand miles of roads and most do not have any power even close. The power system here in the interior is prone to outages sometimes in some areas it can be for days.

If you want to fall into the trap of being controlled and herded like cattle go for the green whatever. I had the privilege for over 50 years to trap freely with many stinky snow machines and accessing the trail head with many different vehicles. I paid the price of Obama gas and didn’t like it but no one took away my right to choose what and where I was doing or going!

Even if you believe our current political heads regarding green stuff…..IT’S NOT GOING TO WORK FOLKS!!!!!

Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: Scott__aR] #7400741
11/09/21 05:09 PM
11/09/21 05:09 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Scott__aR
What everyone with their head in the EV clouds seems to overlook ... Energy (creation and conversion) isn't free, monetarily or environmentally! All the politicians are doing is shifting the costs using a shell game.

I found some numbers for 2020 wind production and calculated charge needs if you work the numbers the current Years worth of wind power could charge the cars for 1 day so you only need 364 times more wind mills

Re: Ideal fir a billion dollar company [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7400828
11/09/21 07:22 PM
11/09/21 07:22 PM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Online content
trapper
Scott__aR  Online Content
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by Scott__aR

I found some numbers for 2020 wind production and calculated charge needs if you work the numbers the current Years worth of wind power could charge the cars for 1 day so you only need 364 times more wind mills

Agree with the point made and going one step further, what is the energy costs to produce 364x the nation's total wind power capacity ( the steel, the aluminum, the copper, the carbon fiber, etc.) to meet the nation's electric thirst

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread