No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: Wolfdog91] #7403681
11/13/21 02:04 AM
11/13/21 02:04 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
I'm confused....didn't this kid cross state lines with a rifle and put himself in the middle of a dangerous situation?..... nevermind

No. The young man lives in IL with his mom. He drove the 5 minutes across the border and picked up his gun from his friend's house to protect himself and businesses in the town while for some unknown reason offering to patch up the people that were trying to kill him. Then the people he was trying to help medically decided to attack him, so he shot their butts. Where the heck are you getting your news from Wolfy?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: furstroker] #7403682
11/13/21 02:07 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Online sleepy
trapper
Wolfdog91  Online Sleepy
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by furstroker
I'm confused....didn't this kid cross state lines with a rifle and put himself in the middle of a dangerous situation?

So i reckon youve never seen folks whose law departments failed them, while
fires ravaged all around, and skinny white boys destroyed all that those living there
worked for? Ifn things popped off in your neighborhood, youd pray for a Rittenhouse.

What can I say six years of being taught ROE and escalation of force makes me ask alot of non-emotional questions.

Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: grumley701] #7403683
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, wolfdog, but it completely blows my mind that you don't support Kyle. There was never a question in my mind that you would.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: yotetrapper30] #7403684
11/13/21 02:10 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Online sleepy
trapper
Wolfdog91  Online Sleepy
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I'm confused....didn't this kid cross state lines with a rifle and put himself in the middle of a dangerous situation?..... nevermind

No. The young man lives in IL with his mom. He drove the 5 minutes across the border and picked up his gun from his friend's house to protect himself and businesses in the town while for some unknown reason offering to patch up the people that were trying to kill him. Then the people he was trying to help medically decided to attack him, so he shot their butts. Where the heck are you getting your news from Wolfy?

Haven't really paid much attention to this whole deal honestly, eveything is so biased I get jumped on anytime I ask a question. Conservative freinds act like I just spat on the flag liberal friends act like I'm defending a racist. Hence why I just asked

Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: Wolfdog91] #7403685
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa

And so proceeded the dogpile for a simpe question

When should state lines matter when our national borders
dont matter? Crimes were being committed, and no one was there
to help...should he have gone? Probably not, but he did...and sacked
up in a hellacious situation. How much destruction happened after he
sacrificed all he has known?...not much.
People should feel a fraction of what he'll have to endure from here on out.

Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: grumley701] #7403687
11/13/21 02:11 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
My impression is like Wolfdog's: the kid went looking for trouble.

Could be I'm wrong. Haven't watched the whole trial. Even if Wolfie and I are right, the kid's bad judgment doesn't warrant a murder charge.

The DA is trying to use Rittenhouse as an example. They ought to have prosecuted more of the rioters as examples.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: yotetrapper30] #7403688
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Online sleepy
trapper
Wolfdog91  Online Sleepy
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, wolfdog, but it completely blows my mind that you don't support Kyle. There was never a question in my mind that you would.

Ummmmm I never said I didn't. Never said I did. Lotta stuff dosent make sense hence why I'm asking so I can form an opinion and not just jump on a band wagon

Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: grumley701] #7403689
11/13/21 02:15 AM
11/13/21 02:15 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Online sleepy
trapper
Wolfdog91  Online Sleepy
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Furstroker : I'm seriously not trying to be rude here but your not answering my question at all.

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 11/13/21 02:18 AM.
Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: James] #7403690
11/13/21 02:20 AM
11/13/21 02:20 AM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
Originally Posted by James
My impression is like Wolfdog's: the kid went looking for trouble.

Could be I'm wrong. Haven't watched the whole trial. Even if Wolfie and I are right, the kid's bad judgment doesn't warrant a murder charge.

The DA is trying to use Rittenhouse as an example. They ought to have prosecuted more of the rioters as examples.

Jim

You're both right in that he shouldn't of travelled...but he did, because
no one else would...the mayhem had been going on. No one would help those people.
And now he's being railroaded by the press.
And yes James, they should have prosecuted SOMEBODY,
but those trials are few and far between, with zero consequence.
When towns go up in smoke and flames, some run to trouble,
most others cower and wait for someone else to respond.

Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: Wolfdog91] #7403691
11/13/21 02:27 AM
11/13/21 02:27 AM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
Furstroker : I'm seriously not trying to be rude here but your not answering my question at all.

He never should have gone, but he did, and got more crap
than we'll ever imagine. Yes, it's illegal, but extenuating
circumstances may get around it.
Yeah, most of us would not do what he did...i
know I wouldn't, but outside of minor firearm infractions,
he acted in self-defense.

Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: ~ADC~] #7403693
11/13/21 02:40 AM
11/13/21 02:40 AM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
Some folks act on instinct and judgement, others wait to
be told.

Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: furstroker] #7403694
11/13/21 02:47 AM
11/13/21 02:47 AM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
The way our country is headed, there's no telling where
the next hot zone will pick up. This next week will be informative.

Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: grumley701] #7403697
11/13/21 03:04 AM
11/13/21 03:04 AM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
Wolfdog91

If your really interested in what happened you can YouTube the trial and come to your own conclusion.

I watched most of it live and it’s nothing like James said, with due respect!

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: grumley701] #7403706
11/13/21 03:52 AM
11/13/21 03:52 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.

In Kyle's testimony it was revealed that Kyle traveled to Kenosha nearly everyday before the riots started. Kyle's father, grandmother, aunt, uncle, cousin, best friend and other friends lived in Kenosha. Kyle mostly hung out in Kenosha. Kenosha is less than 20 miles from Kyle's mother's house.

Kyle's rifle was kept in Kenosha and only crossed state lines into Illinois the night of the shootings when Kyle went to turn himself into the police. Because of the riots and the orders the police were under, Kyle was unable to get the police to arrest him in Kenosha, even though he tried turning himself in twice. After being turned away by the Kenosha police for the second time, Kyle opted to go to a less busy precinct in Illinois. He waited unwatched and undetained for a considerable period of time, in the lobby of the police station in Illinois, for 2 detectives from Kenosha to come talk to him.

Keith

Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: grumley701] #7403708
11/13/21 04:23 AM
11/13/21 04:23 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I watched nearly two full days of the trial. If you didn't watch any of the trial I don't know how a person could comment on it.
I pretty much had my mind made up before the trial, based on what I had heard in the media for the past several months.
Hearing testimony from the witnesses clearly demonstrated that we hadn't heard the truth being reported from the media; what a surprise.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: grumley701] #7403792
11/13/21 09:13 AM
11/13/21 09:13 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Quick rundown for Wolfdog

• Kyle lived in Illinois just across the line from Kenosha, WI.
• He has family and friends in Kenosha. Kenosha being the nearest big town is where he hangs out and is part of his community.
• He regularly visits with friends family in Kenosha to include going with them to upstate Wisconsin to enjoy shooting rifles.
• At one point a friend purchases an AR.
• Kyle decides he would like to own an AR as well but is prohibited to purchase one due to age (federal 18) and he does not have a FOID card in his home state yet, he will later apply for one.
• Kyle asks his friend to purchase an AR with money provided by Kyle and for his friend to retain ownership and to safely store the AR in his father's gun safe until his 18th birthday when they will arrange a private sale to Kyle.
• Riots break out in Kenosha.
• Kyle having been trained as a fire/medic cadet in a program in his home town volunteers to go with friends to assist in Kenosha. Kyle is also a trained lifeguard and has worked in Kenosha as such.
• On the day of the event Kyle spends the morning with other volunteers cleaning graffiti off the local high school.
• Kyle and friends have armed themselves as a precaution even though Kyle's primary self assigned mission is to provide first aid and is equipped with two bags of medical gear.
• At some point during the day the group is asked to provide site security for a pair of car lots that have already suffered the loss of over a hundred cars due to arson.
• The group agreed to do so.
• Kenosha police have declared a curfew and established a police line around the central area of Kenosha but are not actively patrolling within this area.
• At one point earlier in the day prior to curfew Kyle and his group had crossed this line and had been greeted and thanked by the police for being there.
• The night of the crowd is rowdy, at one point Kyle is pepper sprayed by a rioters.
• One rioter, Rosenbaum, is aggressive towards Kyle's group repeatedly getting in faces saying "SHOOT ME, N*****". He is also heard to say, "If I get you alone, I will kill you" to Kyle along with "I'll cut your heart out". He is armed with a length of chain. It will be later revealed that he had just been released from a mental hospital just that day. Rosenbaum was also a convicted child molester.
• Kyle eventually became separated from his group as he went to extinguish a fire set at a nearby church. Kyle sought safety with another armed group at a gas station. While there he got a call to return to his original location due to a car fire.
• Kyle borrows a fire extinguisher and runs toward the other car lot.
• Rosenbaum seeing Kyle hides himself between some vehicles. Kyle does not see Rosenbaum.
• Kyle is approached by a man with a handgun. Kyle drops the extinguisher and back pedals.
• Rosenbaum charges Kyle. Kyle is now facing threats from two quarters. Kyle attempts to flee while yelling "friendly, friendly, friendly".
• Rosenbaum chases Kyle throwing a bag at Kyle.
• The other attacker fires a shot.
• Kyle turns and Rosenbaum is on top of him saying "F*** you" and grabs Kyle's weapon. Gunshot residue will be found on Rosenbaum's hand.
• Kyle fires four shots in rapid succession, all hitting Rosenbaum with the last and fatal shot hitting Rosenbaum in the upper back as he is falling forward toward Kyle.
• By now Kyle has drawn the attention of the mob and is forced to continue his flight towards the police line and safety.
• Kyle is struck in the head from behind by a skateboard and knocked to the ground. He is now facing two assailants. One swinging a skate board and another who kicks Kyle in the head while he is on the ground.
• Kyle fires one shot at skateboard striking him in the heart and another in the direction of the kicker, missing but kicker flees.
• Kyle is now approached by two others but they back off with hands raised when the rifle is trained in their direction.
• One of these two draws a glock from concealment and points it at Kyle's head and goes forward toward Kyle. Kyle fires blowing off the assailants bicep. The other assailant continues to retreat with hands raised and Kyle does not fire on this one.
• Kyle retreats to the police line where he is ordered back and pepper sprayed by the police.
• Kyle reconnects with his group and is driven home by a friend.
• Once home Kyle's mother drives Kyle to their local police to turn himself in, they are unaware of what has just occured.

All of the prime events occurred in less than three minutes.

Last edited by warrior; 11/13/21 09:15 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: grumley701] #7403800
11/13/21 09:22 AM
11/13/21 09:22 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
If the "he shouldn't have been there in the first place" holds any water then I ask just where were the grownups? What would you have us do as a society when faced by the mob?

[Linked Image]
Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: warrior] #7403803
11/13/21 09:27 AM
11/13/21 09:27 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by warrior
If the "he shouldn't have been there in the first place" holds any water then I ask just where were the grownups? What would you have us do as a society when faced by the mob?

Liberals are scared to death this will create accountability and consequences to their lawlessness when they play the victim card.

Depending on how this goes, it could rewrite their playbook to include some common sense and facing some truth.

-Goofy-
Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: grumley701] #7403828
11/13/21 10:06 AM
11/13/21 10:06 AM
pennsylvania
R
rick brocious Offline
trapper
rick brocious  Offline
trapper
R

pennsylvania

Re: Good day for Rittenhouse [Re: warrior] #7406060
11/15/21 09:56 PM
11/15/21 09:56 PM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
Originally Posted by warrior

...and what's the reason so many rioters were bussed in from further away, with no ties whatsover to
the area, other than to create bedlam? When 911 doesn't respond, it's time to figure
things out on your own, or become a victim.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread