No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Salvation Army now embraces CRT #7414573
11/25/21 03:31 PM
11/25/21 03:31 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Just saw a Newsweek article and on Sky News Australia that the Salvation Army has an initiative to embrace this wokeness ideology and white people need to apologize for their white privilege. No more support for me and I will now walk past the kettles without donating. According to these articles, long time supporters are stopping to contribute.

Re: Salvation Army now embraces CRT [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7414587
11/25/21 03:56 PM
11/25/21 03:56 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Oops.

-Goofy-
Re: Salvation Army now embraces CRT [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7414600
11/25/21 04:22 PM
11/25/21 04:22 PM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
from the Salvation Army's website

"Though we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, their backgrounds, or their lifestyle—recently some individuals and groups have attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agenda(s). They have made outrageous claims that we believe our donors should apologize for their own racism, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that our organization has abandoned its beliefs for one ideology or another. In fact, an online petition is asking supporters to “stand against the insertion of politically charged racial ideologies into The Salvation Army’s good work.”

Those claims are false, and they distort the very goal of our work.

The truth is that The Salvation Army believes that racism is fundamentally incompatible with Christianity, and we are called to work toward a world where all people are loved, accepted, and valued. Our positional statement on racism makes this clear. These beliefs are important because we know that racism exists, and we are therefore determined to do everything the Bible asks us to do to overcome it."

Seems to me that The Salvation Army is not embracing CRT. They seem to talk out of both sides of their mouths tho.

In their position statement about racism they state "The Salvation Army will continue to make efforts to ensure ethnic diversity in international and territorial leadership." is The SA going push people into leadership roles based on "ethnic diversity" or by putting the best qualified for the job into leadership role?

Also in the same document "Salvationists should raise their families to appreciate the diversity of cultures and ethnicities" Is a SA, a Christian organization going to appreciate all sects of Muslim faith? Even the ones that call for Jihad?

I would feel better about the SA if they stated that they believe all men should be treated equal and that we strive for a color blind society.

Re: Salvation Army now embraces CRT [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7414606
11/25/21 04:28 PM
11/25/21 04:28 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I want my five dollars back.

Previous Thread
Index