No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419741
12/01/21 08:05 PM
12/01/21 08:05 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Read their diaries and through their purses before that.

[Linked Image]
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419777
12/01/21 08:35 PM
12/01/21 08:35 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Lol

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Providence Farm] #7419795
12/01/21 08:52 PM
12/01/21 08:52 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

You are not correct. At 18 you can get your hand gun permit in Indiana and many other states. On my 18th birthday I started my paperwork for mine. Yes you can carry a hand gun at 18 I did. My daughter sent her paperwork in at 18.

You can not buy a hand gun from a licensed dealer untill you are 21 but privet sells are ok along with gifts. Exampel dad can gift to son.

My kids have axcess to their guns. Rimfire, centerfire, shotguns, airguns, and know how to get and use the handguns. I feel sorry for those that dont have kids responsiable enought to grab a gun and go hunting or run a trap line. And my kids have been doing so since they were 7.

Teach and give responsiability by doing and giving it to them. Now they treat 17 year olds like kids. Anyone remember when people got married and moved out on their own at 15. Now 30 year olds live in mom and dads basement and grandparrents are raising the grand kids in a lot of homes. The kids needed given responsiability and the ability to fail. Not mom and dad making sure everything goes well and is sucessful

Looks like we're both wrong? Appears it IS 18 and not 21 as you said, but someone under 18 can only possess one for a specific purpose AND with written permission on his person.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/re...um-age-to-purchase-and-possess-handguns/

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419797
12/01/21 09:00 PM
12/01/21 09:00 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
When I was a kid, I snuck a peek and touch to my dad's revolver multiple times. I knew where he kept it, and I got into it even though I'd been told not to.

When my son was in elementary school, at the urging of friends he climbed up to the top shelf of our closet, took down my .22 Ruger revolver, and showed it to his friends. Boy, did we hear from the other kids' parents when the story got out! He'd been instructed in gun safety, and told several times not to touch my firearms unless I was there.

Kids aren't little robots. You can't program them to behave always the way you'd like them to. They're susceptible to temptation and other influences--just like Adam and Eve.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Posco] #7419807
12/01/21 09:15 PM
12/01/21 09:15 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by SJA
I think some of you reminiscing about when you were growing up and having guns in the house, taking them to school to go hunt before or afterwards, showing them to teachers, etc., and now feeling comfortable with them openly around your kids, are probably 50 + YO. Your parents, most likely what are now referred to as the "Greatest Generation". They themselves grew up with REPONSIBILITIES during hard times, and World turmoil and then passed that "baton" to you. Hopefully YOU will do the same with your children. Remember though, YOU as a parent may still be judged by their actions throughout their lives. Such parental guidance and direction has, IMHO, been steadily declining since the early '60s.

Liked that.

Great post , liked as well. Very nicely stated.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: James] #7419812
12/01/21 09:18 PM
12/01/21 09:18 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by James
When I was a kid, I snuck a peek and touch to my dad's revolver multiple times. I knew where he kept it, and I got into it even though I'd been told not to.

When my son was in elementary school, at the urging of friends he climbed up to the top shelf of our closet, took down my .22 Ruger revolver, and showed it to his friends. Boy, did we hear from the other kids' parents when the story got out! He'd been instructed in gun safety, and told several times not to touch my firearms unless I was there.

Kids aren't little robots. You can't program them to behave always the way you'd like them to. They're susceptible to temptation and other influences--just like Adam and Eve.

Jim

I had detail stripped and reassembled every gun in the house before I could drive a car but I've yet to have a negligent discharge strictly due to the way I was taught to safely handle firearms.

Kind of the same reason I still have all my fingers after years of working in cabinet shops and on framing crews.

Teach them right from the very beginning. It's all these 18-20 year olds coming into the world today with zero home training that is screwing up everything.

[Linked Image]
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419835
12/01/21 09:41 PM
12/01/21 09:41 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Sure am glad we got some 100% parents on here. Their children always do or don’t do exactly what they are told
Even at the preteen age. Amazing.

The punk that pulled the trigger needs to be tried as an adult YOMV

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419870
12/01/21 10:11 PM
12/01/21 10:11 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Not sure how many kids die each year from getting curious about a gun and pulling a trigger and killing themselves, a sibling or friend. Guess its just all bad kids and bad parenting, the imperfect group. Seems to me just common sense locking up guns be it a curious kid or thief's.

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419893
12/01/21 10:37 PM
12/01/21 10:37 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

If you teach that kid how to properly handle a firearm he will neither shoot himself or anyone else, unless he/she intends too.
If you don't well...curiosity killed the cat.

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: yotetrapper30] #7419894
12/01/21 10:38 PM
12/01/21 10:38 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

You are not correct. At 18 you can get your hand gun permit in Indiana and many other states. On my 18th birthday I started my paperwork for mine. Yes you can carry a hand gun at 18 I did. My daughter sent her paperwork in at 18.

You can not buy a hand gun from a licensed dealer untill you are 21 but privet sells are ok along with gifts. Exampel dad can gift to son.

My kids have axcess to their guns. Rimfire, centerfire, shotguns, airguns, and know how to get and use the handguns. I feel sorry for those that dont have kids responsiable enought to grab a gun and go hunting or run a trap line. And my kids have been doing so since they were 7.

Teach and give responsiability by doing and giving it to them. Now they treat 17 year olds like kids. Anyone remember when people got married and moved out on their own at 15. Now 30 year olds live in mom and dads basement and grandparrents are raising the grand kids in a lot of homes. The kids needed given responsiability and the ability to fail. Not mom and dad making sure everything goes well and is sucessful

Looks like we're both wrong? Appears it IS 18 and not 21 as you said, but someone under 18 can only possess one for a specific purpose AND with written permission on his person.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/re...um-age-to-purchase-and-possess-handguns/

I never said anything about under 18 becuse I was not sure of the rules for that. I know what my rules for my family and at my farm for under 18 being for my kids. Though my rules appear to comply with the federal rules for my kids on my farm I did not know that tell I read your link. Its good to know im legal but honestly if i were not the could pound sand. I don't co-parent with the state and I raise my kids how I see fit. You know boys are boys and girls are girls none of that woke bs allowed.

Edit: my brother in law called and asked if it was ok for him to give my 11 year old a .22 relover for x mass. I said yes thats fine. But that will have strict dirrect supervision then put away. But they shoot all my hand guns that their hands fit all ready so no diffrent just this one will be his when he gets to shoot it.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 12/01/21 10:47 PM.
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: danvee] #7419905
12/01/21 10:46 PM
12/01/21 10:46 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by danvee
Not sure how many kids die each year from getting curious about a gun and pulling a trigger and killing themselves, a sibling or friend. Guess its just all bad kids and bad parenting, the imperfect group. Seems to me just common sense locking up guns be it a curious kid or thief's.

Probably fewer than the number who play with matches/lighters.

[Linked Image]
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: warrior] #7419911
12/01/21 10:51 PM
12/01/21 10:51 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by warrior

Probably fewer than the number who play with matches/lighters.

Probably less than thise killed in auto wrecks all straped in, or on off road equipment like dirt bikes and 4 wheelers, or those killed by medical malpractice.

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419946
12/01/21 11:30 PM
12/01/21 11:30 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
J.staton do some research and take a look at how many accidental discharge incidents there are in the US., You can even do some research on what the military reports and law enforcement agencies and Im not talking the ones where the gun is pointed in the safe direction, I'm talking about with injury. I guess there are a lot of kids that never learn, If it can happen it will. Even the NRA supports keep guns locked and away from children

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419950
12/01/21 11:36 PM
12/01/21 11:36 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7419987
12/02/21 12:19 AM
12/02/21 12:19 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS
How is a locked up gun at all useful for home protection?

"Oh wait a sec there son, don't shoot me yet, I got to get this dang safe combination right first."

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: danvee] #7419990
12/02/21 12:28 AM
12/02/21 12:28 AM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
J.staton do some research and take a look at how many accidental discharge incidents there are in the US., You can even do some research on what the military reports and law enforcement agencies and Im not talking the ones where the gun is pointed in the safe direction, I'm talking about with injury. I guess there are a lot of kids that never learn, If it can happen it will. Even the NRA supports keep guns locked and away from children

And what do all these have in common? Not learning guns.
There's more leos that couldnt hold a candle to my and most
of ours gun safety and/or ability to handle a situation and weapon
properly. Im betting you bash law enforcement any chance you get
while saying they should be the only ones weaponized.

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: James] #7420002
12/02/21 12:48 AM
12/02/21 12:48 AM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
Originally Posted by James

Jim

So then you can see and have felt the overall downhill slide of parenting in
this day and age? You say you saw...and touched your fathers revolver,
but did you show it to anyone? Take it around?...no, you didnt...because
you had the fear and respect that was instilled. Your kid didnt. Luckily it didnt
end poorly.

Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: danvee] #7420006
12/02/21 12:52 AM
12/02/21 12:52 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

The NRA, really, seriously? Are you not up to speed?

They're bankrupt and being sued for Wayne's malfeasance. It's all come to light that Wayne is a big grifter.

Come on, get with the times, Fudd.

[Linked Image]
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Nittany Lion] #7420011
12/02/21 12:57 AM
12/02/21 12:57 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The problem is the kid was likely raised on social media and influenced by wingnuts.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Michigan high school shootings [Re: Boco] #7420019
12/02/21 01:40 AM
12/02/21 01:40 AM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
Originally Posted by Boco
The problem is the kid was likely raised on social media and influenced by wingnuts.

Not sure what wingnuts has to do with it.. [Linked Image]

Pure Blood
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread