No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: SGT. C] #7429357
12/12/21 10:15 AM
12/12/21 10:15 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Just so long as everyone knows that the no gun policy is for your safety according to the V.A.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: SGT. C] #7429359
12/12/21 10:18 AM
12/12/21 10:18 AM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Don't know that firearms are a good idea in hospitals, the way they are built today. Our hospital security doesn't fool around anymore, become disruptive or threaten staff, multiple security persons appear, they call and a minimum of 6 leo show up. Used to be security only carried radios and restraints. Today with rising number of incidents, security now wear vests and carry baton, taser, and spray; but no firearms yet.

All those weapon signs only mean anything to the law abiding folks. Criminals could care less. Some don't bother to hide their weapons.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: danny clifton] #7429362
12/12/21 10:20 AM
12/12/21 10:20 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Just so long as everyone knows that the no gun policy is for your safety according to the V.A.

wink whistle

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: SGT. C] #7429369
12/12/21 10:29 AM
12/12/21 10:29 AM
Worthington, IN
S
Scott T Offline
trapper
Scott T  Offline
trapper
S

Worthington, IN
I support the the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Even security.

Looks like he needs another year;-)
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: SGT. C] #7429372
12/12/21 10:31 AM
12/12/21 10:31 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
I agree Warrior. She loves her "little old men". So she doesn't get too upset when she gets a pinch from them.

But recently (last 10-15 years) it's the 20 and 30 year olds that are becoming the problem.

Sadly they're not allowed to hit back. Unless a person is extremely violent they aren't allowed to "snow" the person as it's considered a restraint.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: SGT. C] #7429390
12/12/21 10:51 AM
12/12/21 10:51 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
The child molester hospital in sioux falls is plastered with no gun signs and security has a taser. I smile as i walk by both with a gun whenever i have an appointment. Idiots.

Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: SGT. C] #7429392
12/12/21 10:53 AM
12/12/21 10:53 AM
carolina, Alabama
The Possum Man Offline
trapper
The Possum Man  Offline
trapper

carolina, Alabama
My wife works at a hospital. It blows my mind they dont have any security. The best they got is some soft boy nurses and a couple old men wandering around the hospital fixing stuff. Cops bring in nutbags all the time up there, or show up on their own and cops have to be called. Lots of crazy folks strung out on some powerful dope. Noone is allowed to conceal carry on the premises either, so everyone up there is technically unarmed. Absolute insanity if you ask me. With the people coming up there to the ER looking for drugs the docs wont give them (to anyone anymore because of that) anything more than a norco IF they even needed it to begin with. Always some idjit running out the back door hiding in the bushes randomly up there. Not to mention the verbal assaults that sometimes cross the line into pure sexual harrassment, or worse.

SO yeah I can only imagine the craziness in bigger hospitals in more blue areas. IMO it wouldnt hurt to have a full time cop on premises or at least a proper security guard or 2 to protect those women up there trying to do their job. After reading some of yalls posts on this....If we lived nearer to the gang crap yall are complaining of, my wife would never work at those hospitals. We would keep walking till we found a better place. people need to stop tolerating that nonsense.

OR we could just do what i been screaming for years. EVERYONE get a gun, learn to use, and carry it literally everywhere you go. Then stop tolerating degenerates doing degenerate stuff. If we all did that, we would no longer have to worry about criminals for the most part. pretty simple solution that just takes just a little personal responsibility.

"If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough"
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: The Possum Man] #7429404
12/12/21 11:20 AM
12/12/21 11:20 AM
Tipton, In.
R
RHuff Offline
trapper
RHuff  Offline
trapper
R

Tipton, In.
All of the hospitals in my area actually have their own Police Departments and their Officers attend the same Police Academy as the local and county officers.

Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: SGT. C] #7429405
12/12/21 11:22 AM
12/12/21 11:22 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Just a matter of time before the smash and grab crowd start hitting hospitals and clinics they are hitting drugstores already this will evolve, unarmed security is like having no security with the big crowds that rush the stores. Most are useless and told to get out of the way by the employers so what’s the point.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: maintenanceguy] #7429406
12/12/21 11:26 AM
12/12/21 11:26 AM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
I'm fine with armed guards. I think everyone should be armed.

^^^ This
Every American 15 yrs old and older should have a 9mm pistol and 5.56 rifle, be proficient with them and in traditional American Civics.
They should also be able to have whatever other firearms and accoutrements their hearts desire and their wallets can cover.
Constitutional Carry ought to be the Law of the Land across all fifty States.
Completing the Project Appleseed course ought to be required to enter high school.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: DWC] #7429408
12/12/21 11:31 AM
12/12/21 11:31 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Originally Posted by DWC
The child molester hospital in sioux falls is plastered with no gun signs and security has a taser. I smile as i walk by both with a gun whenever i have an appointment. Idiots.

Serious question- why do you have an appointment at a "child molester" hospital?

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: elkaholic] #7429411
12/12/21 11:38 AM
12/12/21 11:38 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by elkaholic
My wife works in an ER in a hospital with no security. She's been punched, kicked, pinched more times than she can count. Most violence against medical professionals goes unreported. Most times it's the hospital system that doesn't want the publicity of having someone assaulted. So they make it go away.

I bet if you polled any medical pro that has been at the job for more than 5 years you'd find that the number of those that had been slapped, punched, or kicked would be near 100%.

In our town the response time for our police is around 5-10 minutes. A motivated violent person can do a lot of damage and get away in the short amount of time.

Do I think there should be armed security in hospitals?? yes. At least the ER or entrance to the ER.

The missus has worked in nursing homes her entire life, since she was 15, and getting hit, groped, pinched, etc is just part of the job. It can range from dementia to lecherous old farts to outright hostility. What's sad is some of those little old ladies can be downright mean.

Originally Posted by elkaholic
I agree Warrior. She loves her "little old men". So she doesn't get too upset when she gets a pinch from them.

But recently (last 10-15 years) it's the 20 and 30 year olds that are becoming the problem.

Sadly they're not allowed to hit back. Unless a person is extremely violent they aren't allowed to "snow" the person as it's considered a restraint.

My wife is a nurse in a mental facility. She deals with some pretty shady and some pretty dangerous characters Some of these nut jobs have killed other patients and have a history of attacking staff. . You're right, in this state hitting back is frowned upon (liberal bullcrap). Her facility and many others have a system in place where staff protects each other.

She is a Mandt instructor. It is a system designed to be a comprehensive, integrated approach to preventing, de-escalating (a liberals wet dream) and, if necessary, intervening (the bottom line and real purpose of the training). She teaches restraint holds a different physical moves to protect staff members and terminate aggressive behavior by patients. She practices them on me. grin

Also, staff knows where there are no cameras.

But I don't think any of that rises to the level of needing armed guards. Can you imagine the fallout from a guard filling an unarmed patient full of holes?

Eh...wot?

Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: SGT. C] #7429412
12/12/21 11:44 AM
12/12/21 11:44 AM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
I do a lot of medical deliveries. Drugs, specimens, implants, surgical instruments, so, I've been to most every hospital in the region. There is one in particular, where all gang members, and victims get sent. You don't find armed uniformed officers out of place there. I never really paid attention if these are police sent for a situation, or resident security. Either way, they are not out of place.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: DuxDawg] #7429418
12/12/21 11:52 AM
12/12/21 11:52 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by DuxDawg
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
I'm fine with armed guards. I think everyone should be armed.

^^^ This
Every American 15 yrs old and older should have a 9mm pistol and 5.56 rifle, be proficient with them and in traditional American Civics.
They should also be able to have whatever other firearms and accoutrements their hearts desire and their wallets can cover.
Constitutional Carry ought to be the Law of the Land across all fifty States.
Completing the Project Appleseed course ought to be required to enter high school.

I totally disagree! Every red blooded patriot knows the proper fighting handgun caliber starts with a 4.

[Linked Image]
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: SGT. C] #7429429
12/12/21 12:08 PM
12/12/21 12:08 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Most everyone in Israel carries so do those in some Scandinavian countries, we don't hear to much about bad guys there ?

What are you worried about if the hospital is armed or guarded, afraid they won't let you in or some one with you ?

You are living in the past if you cannot see what is goin on around you ! Have you not seen or heard about Police being defunded in some cities? Do you think they are going to continue work for free ? What about Airports, we used to be able to just glide on by after buying our tickets. Used to, read that again Used to !!!

Sign of the times when we have to go backwards in defending ourselves instead of have an element of mobile security around, people brought into hospitals any more are rife with problems besides the one they came in with and more often than not with larger cities the employees can read this as they enter the ER.

In my view of the elements we see out there that want to enjoy them selves to anything we have or enjoy our loved ones in tragic ways, carrying is the least thing I'm worried about. I'm more worried that what is better that I drop them in the hallway by the ER or let them get closer to the person working on who I brought in !

It is only going to get worse if the citizens do not start showing these maggots' that we are not going to take being pushed around because of them !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: Lugnut] #7429434
12/12/21 12:14 PM
12/12/21 12:14 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Originally Posted by Lugnut
My wife is a nurse in a mental facility....But I don't think any of that rises to the level of needing armed guards. Can you imagine the fallout from a guard filling an unarmed patient full of holes?
I do agree in secure treatment areas.

Public areas, though, are a whole different animal.

Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: GritGuy] #7429437
12/12/21 12:21 PM
12/12/21 12:21 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Originally Posted by GritGuy
Most everyone in Israel carries so do those in some Scandinavian countries......
Not to get too sidetracked, but, Really?. I don't think I ever heard that before. I may need to do some research.

PS
Quick preliminary research says it just ain't so.

Last edited by T-Rex; 12/12/21 01:08 PM.

Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: DWC] #7429475
12/12/21 01:05 PM
12/12/21 01:05 PM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Originally Posted by DWC

????????

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: SGT. C] #7429483
12/12/21 01:12 PM
12/12/21 01:12 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I see nothing wrong with competent people doing security work being armed wherever they are....but there is a shortage of competence.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Armed Security in Hospitals [Re: Turtledale] #7429485
12/12/21 01:15 PM
12/12/21 01:15 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Originally Posted by Turtledale
Originally Posted by DWC

????????

????? I have to question that too.
How many appointments does a guy need for a child molestor hospital?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread