No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Fleet Farm - $5 credit for deer hides #7430199
12/13/21 08:45 AM
12/13/21 08:45 AM
Valders, WI
Alex the dog Offline OP
trapper
Alex the dog  Offline OP
trapper

Valders, WI
After reading about $1 or no market for deer hides thought I would start a thread to say Fleet Farm is giving $5 store credit for each hide of average or more size. Just bring your thawed hide to the lumber yard entrance and tell attendant you have deer hides. They usually have a large carboard box close by and will ask you to spread out the hide over a piece of plywood about 24" x 30" to make sure the hide is of sufficient size. If good size, it get's thrown in the box, salted and they will print you a $5 in-store credit slip.

Dave

Forever in debt to my Father who introduced me to trapping.
May I be half the man he was.
Re: Fleet Farm - $5 credit for deer hides [Re: Alex the dog] #7430211
12/13/21 09:05 AM
12/13/21 09:05 AM
Wisconsin
E
Eagleye Offline
trapper
Eagleye  Offline
trapper
E

Wisconsin
Thanks Alex- I called FF in Oconomowoc and the nice lady I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about. I took (2) rolled and frozen hides into Barnes yesterday: $3.50-$4.00. Both were large hides.

Re: Fleet Farm - $5 credit for deer hides [Re: Alex the dog] #7430226
12/13/21 09:31 AM
12/13/21 09:31 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Interesting info on the Fleet Farm deal.

It's sort of late in the northern deer hunting states so I wonder why it took so long for this to be known...? Maybe good heads up for next year and pester the local FF say in late October about, "are you going to be doing your deer hide credit again this year...?"

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Fleet Farm - $5 credit for deer hides [Re: NonPCfed] #7430228
12/13/21 09:40 AM
12/13/21 09:40 AM
Valders, WI
Alex the dog Offline OP
trapper
Alex the dog  Offline OP
trapper

Valders, WI
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Interesting info on the Fleet Farm deal.

It's sort of late in the northern deer hunting states so I wonder why it took so long for this to be known...? Maybe good heads up for next year and pester the local FF say in late October about, "are you going to be doing your deer hide credit again this year...?"

To be honest I didn't see it advertised anywhere and had to ask at the yard in early October after I had two hides from from youth season and archery.

Will try to remember to post this earlier next year if same program is still in place.

Dave

Forever in debt to my Father who introduced me to trapping.
May I be half the man he was.
Re: Fleet Farm - $5 credit for deer hides [Re: Alex the dog] #7430230
12/13/21 09:44 AM
12/13/21 09:44 AM
watertown wisconsin
C
coon69 Offline
trapper
coon69  Offline
trapper
C

watertown wisconsin
I took my hides in to Oconomowoc and they refused to take my hides because they were not completely unthawed. so make sure yours isn't frozen. what a waste of my gas and time. there sign never said this and I talked to lady up front and never said any until I was in back and trying to drop off. really made me upset ….poor management ….

Re: Fleet Farm - $5 credit for deer hides [Re: coon69] #7430344
12/13/21 01:02 PM
12/13/21 01:02 PM
Indiana
F
fishnhunts Offline
trapper
fishnhunts  Offline
trapper
F

Indiana
Originally Posted by coon69
I took my hides in to Oconomowoc and they refused to take my hides because they were not completely unthawed. so make sure yours isn't frozen. what a waste of my gas and time. there sign never said this and I talked to lady up front and never said any until I was in back and trying to drop off. really made me upset ….poor management ….

Waste of gas? The most you were ever going to get was $10 in store credit. If I had any length of drive, I would make sure this was a multi purpose trip and not driving all over town to "make" 10 bucks in store credit. They have no obligation to buy your goods if it's not up to their standards. The OP knew they needed to be thawed, maybe he asked the right questions before making the trip?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread