No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Ohio State University Coyote Survey #7430871
12/13/21 11:17 PM
12/13/21 11:17 PM
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline OP
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline OP
trapper
O

Southern Ohio
Any other Ohio Sportsman got a email about taking the survey. I went almost all the way through it but when it asked how many children I have and there ages I gave up. Didn’t see a reason why they need this info on a coyote survey.

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
— Thomas Paine
Re: Ohio State University Coyote Survey [Re: Ohiowoodchuck] #7430940
12/14/21 12:44 AM
12/14/21 12:44 AM
AR
T
TurkeyWrangler Offline
trapper
TurkeyWrangler  Offline
trapper
T

AR
That is odd. Sounds more like Penn St doing the survey.

Poor people have poor ways.
Re: Ohio State University Coyote Survey [Re: Ohiowoodchuck] #7430967
12/14/21 01:09 AM
12/14/21 01:09 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I'd guess it's for demographic info that some bureaucrat deemed necessary to the study. It does seek to invade your privacy.

I'd skip that part, if I were you. I always skip survey questions that ask for my income, for instance.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Ohio State University Coyote Survey [Re: Ohiowoodchuck] #7431009
12/14/21 04:59 AM
12/14/21 04:59 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Probably for, like James said, to get an understanding of the demographics, or the prof in charge of the study required the question for some reason. Where there any other related questions relating to children? Like... Do your children trap with you? Do the run their own traps?

18-24 yr olds with 2 children.. blah blah blah
25-35 yr olds with 2 children.. blah blah
etc, etc, etc.

It may not even have much to do with the study being done, but could be used in future studies. For a coyote survey it is an odd question.

When I was in college and would be doing study surveys we'd ask a lot of odd questions that seemed on the surface to not relate to the study in question, but they were either required by some big wig who wanted the study done, or just to get a general understanding of the "thinking" of the person filling out the survey. Most times you could look at the survey and tell the person requesting it was fishing for something.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Ohio State University Coyote Survey [Re: Ohiowoodchuck] #7431171
12/14/21 10:15 AM
12/14/21 10:15 AM
Ohio
Keith Daniels Offline
trapper
Keith Daniels  Offline
trapper

Ohio
James and Elk are on the money, it's all about the demographics.

Keith Daniels
Retired OSTA President as of 4:50 P M 9/12/20
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread