No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: yukonjeff] #7432230
12/15/21 01:40 PM
12/15/21 01:40 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
I will take grass fed and buffalo any day over grain fed. In my opinion the grass fed has better flavor secret is butcher while they are still on the gain. Grain fed to me is to mild and lost all its flavor I have even paid the price for a couple Wagu steaks which had marbling like you could not believe, very tender and wonderful texture but did not compare flavor wise. Grass fed, killed on the gain and hung for 21 days is great.

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: yukonjeff] #7432249
12/15/21 02:04 PM
12/15/21 02:04 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline OP
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline OP
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska

Yep.
Same as vegetable oil being good for you it's a lie. It's so good for you they show carrots lettuce etc.on the bottle,but the only ingredient is soybean oil, fake advertising paid for by farmers.[/quote]

Yup we have all been lied too by the FDA lobbbied by the food industry . Grains are killing American's faster than anything else. Humans are not seed eaters, and neither are cows. They were meant to eat grass. We humans think the flavor is better fatted with grains and maybe thats so but the reason people are giving up grains is for health reasons not for flavor.

The only seeds we should eat is nuts. They have the poisons in the shells not the seed that cause joint ,digestive problems not to mention obesity.

I know farmers don't like to hear it, but soy is the worse thing you can put in your body unless you want to change sex because its full of estrogen. Did you ever notice how feminine Asians are they eat alot of soy. And Americans use it as a cheap filler for many of our foods.

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: yukonjeff] #7432266
12/15/21 02:24 PM
12/15/21 02:24 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
I do believe the Asians out live us

And as far as nuts and the poison being in the shells try eating a bowl full of raw acorns and then tell me some more stories

Last edited by Yes sir; 12/15/21 02:26 PM.
Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: yukonjeff] #7432268
12/15/21 02:25 PM
12/15/21 02:25 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids) found in seed oils, are a huge cause of inflammation in the body, and inflammation is a huge cause of modern disease-things like heart diseases, diabetes, obesity, etc etc.

That being said, I love a good fatty ribeye.

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: yukonjeff] #7432270
12/15/21 02:26 PM
12/15/21 02:26 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
I have been watching YouTube video's on nutrition and health ..................................

You need a hobbie, or something.
wink

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: Yes sir] #7432272
12/15/21 02:28 PM
12/15/21 02:28 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by Yes sir

And so do women, you are making his point on the estrogen.

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: yukonjeff] #7432274
12/15/21 02:29 PM
12/15/21 02:29 PM
South Dakota
M
M.S. Pickins Offline
trapper
M.S. Pickins  Offline
trapper
M

South Dakota
Grass-fed isn't a gimmick. Just like eating wild game is healthier than any meat in the supermarket. The reason a lot of people don't like the taste of grass fed beef is because the animal has less FAT and is lean and natural as god and nature intended. The amount of grease and oil that cooks out of grain fed meat should make you want to puke AND many don't even bother to drain the fat off-of the cooked meat. That's part of why the vast majority majority of people are obese pigs. My mother would even drain whatever grease came off of our grass fed beef growing up. She probably saved me about 10 more years of life.

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: walleye101] #7432276
12/15/21 02:30 PM
12/15/21 02:30 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by Yes sir

And so do women, you are making his point on the estrogen.

He was talking health and soybeans being the worst thing we can put in our bodies. How do u define "worst " from a health standpoint

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: danvee] #7432277
12/15/21 02:31 PM
Idaho
S
Salthunter Offline
trapper
Salthunter  Offline
trapper
S

Idaho
Originally Posted by danvee
I will take grass fed and buffalo any day over grain fed. In my opinion the grass fed has better flavor secret is butcher while they are still on the gain. Grain fed to me is to mild and lost all its flavor I have even paid the price for a couple Wagu steaks which had marbling like you could not believe, very tender and wonderful texture but did not compare flavor wise. Grass fed, killed on the gain and hung for 21 days is great.

Exactly what he said. .

While my meat diet is mostly wild game. A corn finished beef is still my favorite.
I even keep a few cows off and on..
Out here most cows are grass fed

Nothing special about living in sage brush till they weigh 1200lbs

Work hard play hard
Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: yukonjeff] #7432278
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Dry aging grass fed and grain fed beef !
It's long , but very interesting , you can skip ahead and not watch some parts , but it's best to see the whole thing .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yomerhQkpSc

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: M.S. Pickins] #7432279
12/15/21 02:38 PM
12/15/21 02:38 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by M.S. Pickins
Grass-fed isn't a gimmick. Just like eating wild game is healthier than any meat in the supermarket. The reason a lot of people don't like the taste of grass fed beef is because the animal has less FAT and is lean and natural as god and nature intended. The amount of grease and oil that cooks out of grain fed meat should make you want to puke AND many don't even bother to drain the fat off-of the cooked meat. That's part of why the vast majority majority of people are obese pigs. My mother would even drain whatever grease came off of our grass fed beef growing up. She probably saved me about 10 more years of life.

Obesity starts with CARBS!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: yukonjeff] #7432283
12/15/21 02:47 PM
NW Oklahoma
O
Okie Farmer Offline
trapper
Okie Farmer  Offline
trapper
O

NW Oklahoma
Finished is the key word, finishing on grain no problem to do. Finishing on grass requires a calf of the right age to be finished to match your grass at the time it has the feed value to finish a beef. In my area there is one window to do this and get a finished animal. For me the risk is too high to try to truely finish a beef on grass. I've ate more then one grass fed heifer that flunked tbe test to be a momma cow and couldn't tell any difference from vrain fed.

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: Diggerman] #7432284
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Diggerman

It starts with a lack of activity

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: Diggerman] #7432286
12/15/21 02:50 PM
12/15/21 02:50 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline OP
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline OP
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by Diggerman

And do you know what carbs have the fastest insulin absorption of anything ? Rice. thats a grain. then potatoes and then wheat and other grains.

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: M.S. Pickins] #7432292
12/15/21 02:56 PM
12/15/21 02:56 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Online content
trapper
BernieB.  Online Content
trapper

Northern Minnesota

Fat is good for you--in moderation of course (and tastes good). Your body can process a lot more fat than most people realize. Obesity is almost entirely the result of carbohydrates, especially carbs from sugar. If obese people would drop the sugar and breads from their diets and add more fat, they would all lose weight. Now add activity to that and you're really getting healthier.

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: yukonjeff] #7432298
12/15/21 03:02 PM
12/15/21 03:02 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline OP
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline OP
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Yes very true its the carbs and sugar causing the obesity. The good diets like Keto requre you to eat plenty of good fats with your meal. and still lose weigh fast.

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: yukonjeff] #7432311
12/15/21 03:16 PM
12/15/21 03:16 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Calories are calories be they grain or grass. If an animal can get enough calories from grass they will put on fat just like with heavy grain, it just will take more intake to do that and that is why most grass fed is not as marbled or fat as grain finished. Also the type of grass, forage or grain that is eaten can flavor the meat as well. This is especially true if the ration is 100% a very specific plant etc. Most grains have little to know odor or create odors at all thus we get mild to bland flavored beef and we really get that in meat chickens who get all most nothing but bland grains and why they have minimal taste or flavor. Also when finishing grass based meat animals save the very highest energy and protein forage for them to graze. Alfalfa is a great forage but not a preferred grazing species. A clover mix with some other legumes and shorter grasses is the best for consumption and thus weight gain. The UW meat animal department have had 600-700 lbs. feeders gain 2.5-2.7 lbs. per day on 90-120 day finishing rations with grass only.
I have eaten both grass fed, grain fed and what I call a mix or grass and then finished with 6lbs. of grain and grass the last 3-4 months and to me I liked that the best. Also raising the animals in an open air environment that is not damp, musty and closed up will have better flavor. Breathing in poor quality or high odor air 24/7 can flavor meat, it sure does milk.

Bryce

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: M.S. Pickins] #7432321
12/15/21 03:26 PM
12/15/21 03:26 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny

WHAT.Charred fat off a big old charcoaled Prime Rib is the best part of the steak !! grin

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: yukonjeff] #7432328
12/15/21 03:41 PM
12/15/21 03:41 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline OP
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline OP
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Moose here in the fall will have 3"-4" of fat on them and no grains are fed to them. The fat taste amazing too.

Re: Grass Fed Grass finished Beef [Re: M.S. Pickins] #7432341
12/15/21 04:07 PM
12/15/21 04:07 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio

Everyone is different , some people can consume salt on everything they eat , while others bloat up quick .
I'm lucky , have always eaten the fat off any pig or beef and it's my favorite part .
Have always had very low Cholesterol .
I have never eaten margarine and never will , eat at least a pound of real butter a month .
I couldn't gain weight no matter how hard I tried .
Now as retired and COPD can't be as active as before , have gained 20-30 pounds , depending on the season .

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread