No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Got called bad names tonight. #7433818
12/17/21 05:06 AM
12/17/21 05:06 AM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
How rude are some folks. I asked the question about armed security in hospitals. I'll fill ya in a little. I sometimes moonlight at one area hospital for extra cash. So, tonight had an O.D come in. She was were put on hold papers. That means they can't leave until the Doc says so.
I get called back to the ER because the boyfriend (way he was back there i couldn't tell, not my call) had taken out his girlfriends I.V and was attempting to leave with her. So, I blocked her from leaving and that's when he said "you put your hands on her", I cut him short right then and explained she wasn't leaving, but he was. He bulked up and that's when I entered the Sarge zone. Telling him we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Hard way is. Your leaving with jewelry and your girlfriend stays and you will see her in a day or so. The easy way, you walk with me now. He choose the latter. Once outside he had a few choice words and universal sign language.
Later, I learned he is the leader of local gang. I'm sure I'll see him again. An hour later his girlfriend was discharged and cleared medically.

So, way do folks have to be so nasty? LOL. Sarge

Last edited by SGT. C; 12/17/21 05:07 AM.

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433824
12/17/21 05:30 AM
12/17/21 05:30 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Gangs and city life Sarge. You couple that with drugs..... I don't envy you your job or any law enforcement. Name calling must be almost a daily thing in those jobs and situations. Thick skin must be a priority. Being a gang banger I bet there is machoism also involved. This is probably the way that guy talks to everyone on a daily basis. Keep on, keeping on and try to let it slide off your back. Sounds like you handled yourself properly

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433830
12/17/21 05:47 AM
12/17/21 05:47 AM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Yep, get called names, threaten to be sued, butt kicked, etc. Heard, seen just about everyway verbal abuse can be used. I take no offense to it. Thick skin you must have. Nothing personal.
I leave work, go home. Sleep like a baby. Wake up, do it all over again. But, I have this weekend off. Putting New flooring in kitchen for wife while she goes and visits grandchild in Alabama.She knows nothing about it, X-mas present. Maybe I can get a deer or two in the process and the bed all to myself.LOL Sarge

Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433850
12/17/21 06:55 AM
12/17/21 06:55 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Since when can a Dr prevent an adult from leaving a hospital ? Or a parent from leaving with their kid? Dr told me I couldnt leave about 20 years ago. I left anyway. Were not going to do anything till the next day. Surgeon was to busy. Dr appealed to wife but nobody tried to physically stop me. No way I was paying for a room I did not need. If L.E. put a hold on her leaving why were they not there to stop her?

Last edited by danny clifton; 12/17/21 06:56 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433853
12/17/21 07:08 AM
12/17/21 07:08 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I think a person can leave on their own Against Medical Advice but the boyfriend was probably the problem. Maybe if LEO brought her in they didn't want her to leave.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433854
12/17/21 07:10 AM
12/17/21 07:10 AM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Danny, I don't what your laws are Is. But, in S.C, a physician can put up a 72 hour hold on anyone including minors if they are a danger to themselves or others.
I don't make the laws, just enforce them. But once on papers, the patient will not be allowed to leave. Simple as that.
The law and policy will be enforced wither relatives like it not. Disregard to the laws come consequences. Sarge

Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433862
12/17/21 07:34 AM
12/17/21 07:34 AM
chelsea,wi
keets Offline
trapper
keets  Offline
trapper

chelsea,wi
If I were a cop, I'd be suspended on day 1, faster than you can say police brutality. lol grin

2021 goals....make time to trap
PROUD MEMBER WTA NTA FTA GOA SPORTSMANS ALLIANCE
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433863
12/17/21 07:38 AM
12/17/21 07:38 AM
NJ
O
Oysterman Offline
trapper
Oysterman  Offline
trapper
O

NJ
I used to work inpatient psych and psych crisis call lines. All I gotta say is I went to the mat may hundreds of ti.es with truly psychotic individuals over a 4 year period. Crazy people don't have brains that work like people who can function well enough. The parts of their brains that control logic and emotion are jacked. Therefor, they can have issues having appropriate logical and emotional responses to situations which seem obvious to most other people. My team members in the psych hospital frequently asked, "what is his/her problem?" I would say, "they are patients in a psych hospital." OH. OK. That makes sense.

The birds of a feather tend to flock together. The woman was crazy for overdosing, the guy is probably just as crazy. It's not about you. It's about them and their problems. When the pandemic first started here in Jersey we had people acting like psych patients about mask wearing. I got called so many names and threatened so many times it really makes me not want to work retail again.

Owner Jersey Select Oysters LLC
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433899
12/17/21 08:57 AM
12/17/21 08:57 AM
AR
T
TurkeyWrangler Offline
trapper
TurkeyWrangler  Offline
trapper
T

AR
I kind of have some sympathy for the bf. Long ago I was the poor dude involved with a gal that was addicted to prescription pain killers. I was ignorant going into that deal thinking that since her doctor prescribed them for her that it was some medicine that she needed. Later on I discovered that he was just running a pill mill and got his medical license pulled.

So anyway, there was more than one occasion that she ran out and started going through withdraws. So, it would be like, drive me to the er. I'm like I don't think they will give you anything. YOU DON'T LOVE ME! Then on and on about how you don't even care anything about her so finally you break down and take her in. During the million questions part of the visit the nurse ask something like "so you are completely out of your medication and she said something stupid like "if i had any left I would just take them all" oh boy did that set them off. They sent three security guards to stand outside the room. I felt like they were there more for me than her and I hadn't done a dang thing. Finally some kind of mental doctor comes in and I talk to her and tell her she's not suicidal and that I would be keeping a watch on her. So they finally let us leave. Without helping her with her problem of course. Then all the way home I get it again. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR I TOLD YOU SO. I'M NOT PUTTING UP WITH THAT. I had never said anything like that that. There really wasn't a need to.

Then there was one other time I broke down and took her to an emergency room. Her big plan that time was to go to a different hospital than the one we went to before. So anyway they just stuck us in a room and ignored us. Finally I convinced her to just walk out. We did and no one said a word to us. Funny thing was she never got any kind of bill or statement from that one.

Every time I think back to those days I'm so glad that person is out of my life. Thanks for bringing up bad memories SGT!!!! mad

Poor people have poor ways.
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: danny clifton] #7433907
12/17/21 09:07 AM
12/17/21 09:07 AM
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

East Texas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Since when can a Dr prevent an adult from leaving a hospital ? Or a parent from leaving with their kid? Dr told me I couldnt leave about 20 years ago. I left anyway. Were not going to do anything till the next day. Surgeon was to busy. Dr appealed to wife but nobody tried to physically stop me. No way I was paying for a room I did not need. If L.E. put a hold on her leaving why were they not there to stop her?

In my experience the physician/medical staff cannot prevent an adult from leaving AMA. I am sure like stated above that there are circumstances and situations where they can.
However, if you leave AMA around here the insurance will not pay .01 toward your bill and it will be your responsibility. Some people don't care about their credit and I am sure never pay but some folks do and for them that is a big deterrent to leaving AMA

Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433930
12/17/21 09:51 AM
12/17/21 09:51 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Can you imagine the lawsuits if a Dr released a druggie and they walked out in front of traffic and got smashed? Alot of times a Dr can't win either way.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433933
12/17/21 09:54 AM
12/17/21 09:54 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
sticks and stones. Didnt your parents teach you that as a kid? They cant stop us from leaving e.r. here. Done it many times and the last was when my son was in ....wanted to hold him 6 hrs and we were there 4....we had animals and chores at home. Deputy was there and he told us bye.

Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: danny clifton] #7433938
12/17/21 09:58 AM
12/17/21 09:58 AM
KY
ksp107 Offline
trapper
ksp107  Offline
trapper

KY

Danny,

LE does not put the hold on an individual, a doctor or judge does here in KY....

Last edited by ksp107; 12/17/21 10:00 AM.
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433941
12/17/21 10:10 AM
12/17/21 10:10 AM
mo.
N
nate Offline
trapper
nate  Offline
trapper
N

mo.
That's part of the problem with this country, everything cut and dried, people need to think for themselves, some good cops/doctors etc., I've personally been stopped by the HP and even tho I was breaking the law he decided to let it go. So yes some people still think for themselves.

Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433945
12/17/21 10:18 AM
12/17/21 10:18 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Well I hope you don't run into him or his associates again Sarge.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433956
12/17/21 10:35 AM
12/17/21 10:35 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Here in KS your not a prisoner for going to the E.R. If a Dr does not release you it protects the Dr from civil liability if you choose to leave and have more problems

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433962
12/17/21 10:50 AM
12/17/21 10:50 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
In states where you can be prevented from leaving, I wonder how often good insurance coverage is forced to stay and no insurance ignored?

Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433977
12/17/21 11:21 AM
12/17/21 11:21 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
This wasn't just a run of the mill "I got a boo-boo er visit".

It sounds like the patient was put on a mental health hold. Once that happens and the mental health people have been called you aren't leaving the hospital freely. That's why security, or in hospitals without it, the cops are called to guard the patient.

They're not preventing a person from leaving who decides not to wait for a doctor to check their stuffy nose. They're preventing a patient who may be a harm to themselves or others from leaving. I'll guarantee you every state has rules regarding this.

And yes Danny you can be involuntarily committed in Kansas.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: danny clifton] #7433979
12/17/21 11:23 AM
12/17/21 11:23 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

I don't know the why in your case but I believe that in the case mentioned medical professionals have the authority under what is commonly referred to as "The Baker Act". Basically legislation that authorizes a person to be held for medical/psychological evaluation if there is a reasonable belief that the person is currently a danger to themselves or others.

[Linked Image]
Re: Got called bad names tonight. [Re: SGT. C] #7433999
12/17/21 11:47 AM
12/17/21 11:47 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Here in KS the mentally unstable are sent to the state hospital in Osawatomie or the one in Larned if your west of here. Police are called in till transportation is arranged.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread