No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7433523
12/16/21 08:09 PM
12/16/21 08:09 PM
minnesota
G
gman Offline
trapper
gman  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota

The NRA lost my membership by their actions.

You won't be missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7433605
12/16/21 09:49 PM
12/16/21 09:49 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Email I just got from G.O.A.

I have bad news.

It appears that Republicans just cut an anti-gun compromise during negotiations over the passage of H.R. 1620, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2021 (VAWA).

Gun owners need to TAKE ACTION immediately to tell their Senators to oppose this ridiculous anti-gun compromise.

On December 16th, anti-gun leaders Senator Feinstein and Senator Durbin joined arms with Republican Senators Ernst and Murkowski to announce:

“After nearly three years of negotiations, we have reached an agreement…

“We are committed to introducing a bipartisan, modernized VAWA reauthorization next month.”

Senator Feinstein went on to brag that this compromise would expand the misdemeanor gun ban.
Given the makeup of the Senate, there is NO REASON that gun control should pass this Congress.

And to be sure, Senators who were elected on a pro-gun platform have no business HELPING the Biden Administration enact its gun control agenda.

So please, take action to oppose this anti-gun “deal.”

Republicans have been negotiating with the Democrats over this for years.

And for years our grassroots activists were clear: NO GUN CONTROL IN VAWA.

Please, use our tool to quickly send a message to your Senators, notifying them that you are opposed to this deal!

Gun owners demand the removal of these anti-gun sections from the bill:

Section 102: federal grants to fund firearm seizures.
Sections 801 and 802: a new form of “red flag” gun confiscation orders, and new and expanded misdemeanor gun bans.
Sections 1201 and 1202: greater funding to prosecute tens of
thousands of NICS denials—including law-abiding gun owners who receive false-positive denials.
Section 1203: special appointments and deputizations to prosecute new gun controls.
These sections have NOTHING to do with reducing violence against women and EVERYTHING to do with enacting President Biden’s gun control agenda.

Which is why it’s disturbing to see the anti-gun compromise that was just cut.

Send your Senators an email here, and then give them a phone call to hold them accountable at (202) 224-3121).

In WHAT WORLD is this a win for the Second Amendment?

IT. IS. NOT.

Tell your Senators to quit negotiating with your rights!

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7433606
12/16/21 09:50 PM
12/16/21 09:50 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
P.S. do your own research, it will do you some good

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Thanks NRA [Re: danny clifton] #7433627
12/16/21 10:04 PM
12/16/21 10:04 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by danny clifton

I’m going back to my original post what was reported in the American Hunter magazine not other things the NRA did or did not do. What was false about that article and how do you know it is false. Again, I am only referring to the items I quoted. Did they not do any of it or even part of it.

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: danny clifton] #7433631
12/16/21 10:08 PM
12/16/21 10:08 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
When a thread starts out suggesting the NRA blocked the appointment of Chapman I have to speak out. They PARTICIPATED in the effort to block him but they were not instrumental by any stretch of the imagination.

So you got nothing to back up your claim?

Just your usual NRA-bashing bullcrap?

Eh...wot?

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7433638
12/16/21 10:12 PM
12/16/21 10:12 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
https://www.gunowners.org/na09092021/

Even NPR recognized the work of GOA and our grassroots activism, saying:

The struggle to get a confirmed director on the books over the years has been due in large part to opposition from gun rights groups…

That dynamic played out again this time… Gun Owners of America… blasted Chipman’s nomination, calling him a threat to law-abiding gun owners.

Like I said "They PARTICIPATED in the effort to block him but they were not instrumental by any stretch of the imagination."

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7433643
12/16/21 10:14 PM
12/16/21 10:14 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Where does the NRA stand on this latest round of gun control being supported by Republicans?

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: danny clifton] #7433657
12/16/21 10:23 PM
12/16/21 10:23 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
trapper
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
https://www.gunowners.org/na09092021/

Even NPR recognized the work of GOA and our grassroots activism, saying:

The struggle to get a confirmed director on the books over the years has been due in large part to opposition from gun rights groups…

That dynamic played out again this time… Gun Owners of America… blasted Chipman’s nomination, calling him a threat to law-abiding gun owners.

Like I said "They PARTICIPATED in the effort to block him but they were not instrumental by any stretch of the imagination."

Again, how do you know. So none of the things I mentioned were not instrumental in blocking the nomination? That is an assumption on your part with no facts unless you have proof. Seems to me all those things they did would be very instrumental.

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: danny clifton] #7434659
12/18/21 01:14 AM
12/18/21 01:14 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
and i will continue to stand against organizations that support gun control

You ragging on them gets old. Good grief. They don't support gun control. People like you ragging on NRA makes anti's happy. The energy you spend on tMan regular ragging on NRA is unreal. Luckily most people on here see through your NRA bashing bs. What they've accomplished over the decades is amazing. No 1 says they've been perfect. Thank god most gun owners don't think like you. You thrive on derailing all NRA threads.

AJE
NRA Life Member
SAF Life Member
WI Carry, Inc Member

Last edited by AJE; 12/18/21 01:28 AM.
Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7434683
12/18/21 05:39 AM
12/18/21 05:39 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
They don't support gun control.

Your wrong. Not only do they support it they have written multiple bills

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7434685
12/18/21 05:42 AM
12/18/21 05:42 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
AJE I wont quit bashing them as they are a bunch of thieves. The goal of the NRA is the same as PETA's goaL. MAKE MONEY FROM A CONTROVERSAL ISSUE.

If there were no more gun control the goose that lays the golden eggs will have been butchered.

Wake up and smell the coffee

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: AJE] #7434777
12/18/21 09:01 AM
12/18/21 09:01 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by AJE
and i will continue to stand against organizations that support gun control

You ragging on them gets old. Good grief. They don't support gun control. People like you ragging on NRA makes anti's happy. The energy you spend on tMan regular ragging on NRA is unreal. Luckily most people on here see through your NRA bashing bs. What they've accomplished over the decades is amazing. No 1 says they've been perfect. Thank god most gun owners don't think like you. You thrive on derailing all NRA threads.

AJE
NRA Life Member
SAF Life Member
WI Carry, Inc Member

You're wasting your time on this one AJE. Many times in the past I have made long posts in response to his endless NRA-bashing detailing the great things the NRA has done for gun owners over the decades. The hundreds of millions of dollars spent on public shooting ranges, firearm education and training classes and programs for children and adults. And of course the staggering amount of successful court cases won in favor of gun owners through the use of NRA money.

He never responds to that stuff, just ignores it.

I've also suggested multiple times that, instead of hijacking every single positive NRA thread, he should post positive stuff about the pro-gun group he supports. He never does that, he just bashes...endlessly.

I support the NRA.

I also support the GOA and the SAF.

Bashing any of these organizations is not in the best interests of gun owners. And to me, it's stupid.

Eh...wot?

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7434817
12/18/21 10:10 AM
12/18/21 10:10 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

The NRA has great programs thats for sure. Another thing thats for sure is when you loose or trade a right away to keep something else thats is a loss. Keep what you allready have is staying the same. Every single gun law is unconstituional and an infrengment there for illiegal. They useed to try to claim they were a no compermise group i dont know about now becuse i have not been a member and got their nonstop fund raising stuff in seveeal years.

But they are not and they have supported gun controle several times. Thats a fact.

If you are ok with traiding rights for a range or program to a group that built them with donated money cool carry on. I guess a lot of the fuds are ok and luke some gun restrictions. If so its the group for you.

So they did their job and sent out mailers and had a grass roots effort along with other groups good thats whars they are there for. WHAT THEY ARE NOT FOR IS TO SUPPORT GUN CONTROLE YET THEY HAVE, DO, AND WILL. When that happens the restrictions happen. LOOK EVEN GUN OWNERS THINK THESE RESTRICTIONS ARE REASIONABLE AND NEEDED..

You think it gets old hearing a few rag on the NRA. Try hearing many blinded fuds champion them selling out my and my childrens rights. You can be ok with that but i am not. Expect an aposing view. Its not like a single thing i have ever said was not a documented fact.

Just becuse someone builds a childrens hospital does not wash away war crimes in some 3rd world country. Or the great man beating his wife behind closed doors.

If the mmenbership stood and held them to account it would not happen. I made my stand. Those that wont and white wash it ARE the problem. They are ok with more restrictions if its from their group.

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7434885
12/18/21 11:57 AM
12/18/21 11:57 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
trapper
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

I’m going back to my original post what was reported in the American Hunter magazine not other things the NRA did or did not do. What was false about that article and how do you know it is false. Again, I am only referring to the items I quoted. Did they not do any of it or even part of it.

Again, I ask these questions.

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7435365
12/18/21 09:44 PM
12/18/21 09:44 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Now Grandpaw we all know there is no way to tell what groups work did the most. Not only do we need it all but 100x more than we have. Im 100% sure the NRA had a big part in this going our way. They have a ton of clout and are well known.

Im just guessing but I think Danny is like me and feels let down and betrayed by a them. For years I thought they were what they said no compermise "from my cold dead hands" gun right group. When I started seeing that was not true and they infact supported gun controle I got mad. Now I hear people talk about them in the same manor that I used to think about them I asume they are just uninformed as I was. When I hear the excused trying to white wash it I get a little wound up. I love my country and its under constant attack. One of the bigest groups that people think are there to protect it is failing and selling us out but given a pass by many. ( no one is perfect, its the best we got, well whats your group doing better) So I call them out on it. Its not popular and it doesn't make a lot of friends but if everybody keeps making excuses and gives them a pass they will never be held accountable will never be the organization that I used to think they were. They could be that group. But just like our government they won't change until they're held accountable.

They are still a good group and do a lot of good things but please dont let them off when they are darn wrong. Like a child they need corrected when they are wrong. Calling them and e mail from me did no good im just one person so did the only other thing I could. Had them remove me from the roster. You know taking a stand for what I believe in even when it really suckes.
I promise if .5 million members did the same at the same time they would take notice and change the direction they are heading. But they won't. They make excuses read their magazine and complain about how dumb the anti gun people are. Then send another check to a group selling them out a small piece at a time.

Then wounder why guys like Danny and I get worked up. Its not truly anger any more for me its sadness and dissapointment in my fellow Americans especially gun owners. I mean NRA membership is only what 5 million vs the number of gun owners. Kind of like how many trappers join trapping org. But trapping groups don't ever support more trapping restrictions do they?

Last edited by Providence Farm; 12/18/21 10:39 PM.
Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Providence Farm] #7435508
12/19/21 12:04 AM
12/19/21 12:04 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
trapper
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Now Grandpaw we all know there is no way to tell what groups work did the most. Not only do we need it all but 100x more than we have. Im 100% sure the NRA had a big part in this going our way. They have a ton of clout and are well known.

Im just guessing but I think Danny is like me and feels let down and betrayed by a them. For years I thought they were what they said no compermise "from my cold dead hands" gun right group. When I started seeing that was not true and they infact supported gun controle I got mad. Now I hear people talk about them in the same manor that I used to think about them I asume they are just uninformed as I was. When I hear the excused trying to white wash it I get a little wound up. I love my country and its under constant attack. One of the bigest groups that people think are there to protect it is failing and selling us out but given a pass by many. ( no one is perfect, its the best we got, well whats your group doing better) So I call them out on it. Its not popular and it doesn't make a lot of friends but if everybody keeps making excuses and gives them a pass they will never be held accountable will never be the organization that I used to think they were. They could be that group. But just like our government they won't change until they're held accountable.

They are still a good group and do a lot of good things but please dont let them off when they are darn wrong. Like a child they need corrected when they are wrong. Calling them and e mail from me did no good im just one person so did the only other thing I could. Had them remove me from the roster. You know taking a stand for what I believe in even when it really suckes.
I promise if .5 million members did the same at the same time they would take notice and change the direction they are heading. But they won't. They make excuses read their magazine and complain about how dumb the anti gun people are. Then send another check to a group selling them out a small piece at a time.

Then wounder why guys like Danny and I get worked up. Its not truly anger any more for me its sadness and dissapointment in my fellow Americans especially gun owners. I mean NRA membership is only what 5 million vs the number of gun owners. Kind of like how many trappers join trapping org. But trapping groups don't ever support more trapping restrictions do they?

I understand. Good post. As I said, I was only referring to the actions they said they did against the Chipman nomination, nothing else. Does the NRA screw up other things, I would say yes. I feel Wayne LaPierre must go. However, anti-gun politicians fear the NRA more than any other pro-gun organization.

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7435515
12/19/21 12:25 AM
12/19/21 12:25 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

I understand. Good post. As I said, I was only referring to the actions they said they did against the Chipman nomination, nothing else. Does the NRA screw up other things, I would say yes. I feel Wayne LaPierre must go. However, anti-gun politicians fear the NRA more than any other pro-gun organization.

You are correct. The big question is is it possable to get them to be the no compromise group and how? I darn sure would like it to be. I would buy 5 lifetime memberships tonight if i thought they would be .

You think they have clout with 5million members what do you thin would happen if they got the die hard gun guys like me to join that they made mad? I know a lot. Their membership would go up a lot. Talk about gaining power.

Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7435520
12/19/21 12:33 AM
12/19/21 12:33 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border

NRA benefactor member
Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7435534
12/19/21 01:03 AM
12/19/21 01:03 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
trapper
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Providence Farm, I don’t know what it will take to bring back the no compromise group (I am actually one of you) I guess a start would be to replace Wayne LaPierre. Do you have any other opinions how to do it. My personal opinion we need to join forces and not against each other. We need to get back to the mentality one for all, all for one.

Last edited by Grandpa Trapper; 12/19/21 01:05 AM.
Re: Thanks NRA [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7435540
12/19/21 01:18 AM
12/19/21 01:18 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
No i dont know how the upper end of the group works or how to get it fixed. I sure wish i did boy do we need it. I did all i could do and failed as an single person. That why i alway point out their failing. Its not to down them but to get people to realize whats going on agree there is a problem and figure out a solution. But either I dont comunicate clearly or NRA guys just automaticly take as a hit and puff up. Who can blame them guns are always under attack after all. Its natural to be defensive after being attacked on every day day in and day out.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread