No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7439564
12/23/21 02:01 PM
12/23/21 02:01 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
On the attached posts if you scroll down from from the actual shooting.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7439568
12/23/21 02:04 PM
12/23/21 02:04 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Originally Posted by Trapper7

It would be easier to identify the posts if you identified the idiots by screen name.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Trapper7] #7439574
12/23/21 02:10 PM
12/23/21 02:10 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Trapper7

Ah...gotcha...that makes more sense. You're referring to these type of comments. Considering Reddit can be pretty liberal I was surprised the amount of support the kid got from the vast majority of other commenters and how the majority feels that the robber got what he deserved.

[Linked Image]

Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7439588
12/23/21 02:26 PM
12/23/21 02:26 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Philly sucks big time--being armed makes sense. There are two places in this country (other than routine nonsense here) where I have had almost violent encounters on the street with strangers. Philly and Newark.

However, it's not a good idea for just any 14 year old to carry a pistol. My 14 year old son carries an AR15 on his ATV while working by himself at our farm--to shoot at hogs. My teenage daughters carry pistols in their pickups at times. Big difference. They have grown up around it and have lots of time with weapons. And, they understand the consequences of pulling the trigger.

Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7439611
12/23/21 02:48 PM
12/23/21 02:48 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Each case determined on how the kid used it should be how the parents are looked at.

Poor parenting, probably gonna be a bad outcome and visa-versa.

Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7439656
12/23/21 03:22 PM
12/23/21 03:22 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
on the subject of crazy stuff that doesn't fully incapacitate people

this guy is in a standoff with I think Russian police and drops a grenade at his feet

wait for it , he wakes up and starts moving at about 30 seconds post blast

https://funker530.com/video/nsfw-su...OLUgSW2xNowTtVaO9SMXQhC6trlu8W3R5dH9NXP0

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7439774
12/23/21 06:33 PM
12/23/21 06:33 PM
saskatchewan/canada
lots of mink Offline
trapper
lots of mink  Offline
trapper

saskatchewan/canada
That’s some cold blooded (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) right there. I don’t disagree with having a gun at the business but having a 14 year old packing it in his waist band?

Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Badger23] #7439810
12/23/21 07:33 PM
12/23/21 07:33 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Badger23
Providence Farm, those 2 events are not even close in comparison. The kid in Michigan was mentally unstable and his parents knew it. The school called them in about his behavior.
The school should have booted him when the parents were to dumb to take him home that day. Where are the 2 events similar in anyway shape or form?

If a democrat gun grabber can use any event to further the cause, they're similar. Even if they have to lie about or make up facts....

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Blaine County] #7439815
12/23/21 07:42 PM
12/23/21 07:42 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Philly sucks big time--being armed makes sense. There are two places in this country (other than routine nonsense here) where I have had almost violent encounters on the street with strangers. Philly and Newark.

However, it's not a good idea for just any 14 year old to carry a pistol. My 14 year old son carries an AR15 on his ATV while working by himself at our farm--to shoot at hogs. My teenage daughters carry pistols in their pickups at times. Big difference. They have grown up around it and have lots of time with weapons. And, they understand the consequences of pulling the trigger.

Perhaps excitement caused the kid to shoot a little low, other than that looks like that 14 year old did alright. When he gets his gun back or gets a new one, some range time and draw practice will have him on par with anyone here.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Blaine County] #7439899
12/23/21 09:16 PM
12/23/21 09:16 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina

Not to be arguing, but maybe the 14year old grew up around firearms? Maybe he was afraid the cash register lady was in great harm by some POS thug taking the cash tray and busting her skull open with it? Maybe these POS thugs had been causing trouble before? I do feel bad for the 14 year old though. His life is just getting ready to be turned upside down by some POS liberal's at city hall!!! The 14 year old did his community a favor!! It is sad when a hard working family has to be assaulted by POS thugs, be it from the streets or the local city hall. The video will be used to spin the outcome of this against the 14 year old. Remember this, I've said it before on here that there are members on this site that vote for the same type POS liberals down at the 14 year olds city hall! That's a fact. BC, I'm not trying to berate you for it sounds like your (responsible) kids carry firearms to kill hogs and other varmints. This 14 year old carried one to protect his life, his mom's life, and their hard working way of life!

Last edited by Scout1; 12/23/21 09:17 PM.

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Scout1] #7439930
12/23/21 09:51 PM
12/23/21 09:51 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Scout1

Not to be arguing, but maybe the 14year old grew up around firearms? Maybe he was afraid the cash register lady was in great harm by some POS thug taking the cash tray and busting her skull open with it? Maybe these POS thugs had been causing trouble before? I do feel bad for the 14 year old though. His life is just getting ready to be turned upside down by some POS liberal's at city hall!!! The 14 year old did his community a favor!! It is sad when a hard working family has to be assaulted by POS thugs, be it from the streets or the local city hall. The video will be used to spin the outcome of this against the 14 year old. Remember this, I've said it before on here that there are members on this site that vote for the same type POS liberals down at the 14 year olds city hall! That's a fact. BC, I'm not trying to berate you for it sounds like your (responsible) kids carry firearms to kill hogs and other varmints. This 14 year old carried one to protect his life, his mom's life, and their hard working way of life!

We're generally saying the same thing. No argument here. I'm just not ready to endorse any 14 year old carrying in public. As for the thug, I'm not concerned about one, or all, getting popped.

The DA will go after him and his parents most likely. It will argue excessive force because of no imminent bodily harm. And a Philly jury might just convict.

Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7439966
12/23/21 10:15 PM
12/23/21 10:15 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Kid did right. Doesn't matter what some worthless bureaucrat thinks... If the DA had done his job prior to this then the thug might not have wound up as cooling meat in a subway station.

One less piece of garbage terrorizing a community.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7439972
12/23/21 10:16 PM
12/23/21 10:16 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
I agree BC. It is unfortunate.

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Blaine County] #7439977
12/23/21 10:19 PM
12/23/21 10:19 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin

We're generally saying the same thing. No argument here. I'm just not ready to endorse any 14 year old carrying in public. As for the thug, I'm not concerned about one, or all, getting popped.

The DA will go after him and his parents most likely. It will argue excessive force because of no imminent bodily harm. And a Philly jury might just convict.

that is just it he wasn't carrying in public , he was carrying in his parents business it is private property not public.

a 14yo carrying concealed on the street would be a violation of law in most places.

a 14year old defending family in a family business is more like the 9, 10 , 11 , 12, 13 year old that shoots the home invader while parents are out.

he is behind the counter an employees and family only space separated from the public portion of the store.
if his parents were running a bait shop from the from the garage in their yard , rethink of it like that.

what ends up happening is when there is a law that prohibits your defense it is ruled unconstitutional as it applied to you in that event

before WI had CCL people carried concealed , and people had to use their weapon

one good example was a pizza delivery guy in the Milwaukee area he was carrying is gun I think IWB appendix , thugs had called in a pizza to be delivered to a house where they waited in the bushes for pizza guy to arrive , knowing he would have dropped off several pies by the time he got to that address late in the night.
to be legal at that time he would have technically had to have his gun unloaded in the trunk , exit the car , load and holster open carrying , deliver the pizza , then return to the trunk unload and case then go back to the cab and drive away
because the guy was jumped as he exited the car there would have been no way to both defend himself and follow the low , thus the law does not apply to him at that time.

this 14 year old was supervised by his mother in a private space even if it was a restaurant

it will come down to what did the kid know in that moment , there was just a case where they covered shooting an armed guy starting at 55 feet the guy advanded through 2 cops shooting form 55 to 18 feet before collapsing he made it 37 feet.
the argument was that the police should not have started shooting till 21 feet , aka the tuller drill
the reality is that the answer that Tuller gave to a students question was never a set time or distance it was however a suggestion that at 21 feet even if you can shoot 2 rounds perfectly center mass in under 1.5 seconds the person will be on you and 86% of the time able to get a significant wound or death of the defender
the ruling was that 21 feet is not a set anything it is always a case of the threat and clearly 2 cops firing form 55 to 18 feet was 37 feet much longer than 21 nearly double

because this was a close contact at arms reach the threat is real even if it is just hands and feet. waiting for him to punch , kick , cut ,the mother isn't necessary , pushing over the counter and grabbing with intent to do harm to take the cash box from her should more than meet the threshold.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 12/23/21 10:31 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7440221
12/24/21 07:45 AM
12/24/21 07:45 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Robbers should be treated the same as horse thieves back in the day. Today robbers aren't even concerned about the consequences of their action as they know there's no penalty. Free room and board, medical and dental at the worst.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7440224
12/24/21 07:53 AM
12/24/21 07:53 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
By the time any one of my kids was 14 I felt safer around them armed than I do with several adults I know. Got a few friends with kids still in that age group that I feel the same way about.

A 14 year old, working at his families business, a business that's largely cash, and some of you whining about him being armed?

I feel sorry for the kid. He did the right thing but is about to go through hades for having done it.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7440274
12/24/21 09:16 AM
12/24/21 09:16 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds

Perhaps excitement caused the kid to shoot a little low, other than that looks like that 14 year old did alright. When he gets his gun back or gets a new one, some range time and draw practice will have him on par with anyone here.

Just because he isn't a farm kid doesn't mean he hasn't grown up around guns or doesn't know how handle them. Heck...that kid did better than most "trained" adults would. Only allowing country kids to have guns and baring them from city kids is a Democrat idea.

Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7440314
12/24/21 10:16 AM
12/24/21 10:16 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

It's less likely but you could be right Pike.

Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: Pike River] #7440490
12/24/21 01:59 PM
12/24/21 01:59 PM
MN
M
Mark K Offline
trapper
Mark K  Offline
trapper
M

MN
The problem with sending violent criminals to prison instead of the noose is that prison teaches them how to become a better criminal. They have thousands of exercises in what not to do. If we would just remove these people from the planet, and make sure it is real justice not Goodhue County MN justice, then we would be much better off.

Re: Robber Shot by 14 Year Old [Re: danny clifton] #7440574
12/24/21 04:34 PM
12/24/21 04:34 PM
saskatchewan/canada
lots of mink Offline
trapper
lots of mink  Offline
trapper

saskatchewan/canada
How do you know the kid was a good kid?

Most fourteen year olds walking around with a piece in their waste band are gang bangers.
How do you know he isn’t one of those?

He sure looked comfortable shooting that guy in the head.

Cover story “attacker was choking his mother” I watched that video three times I sure don’t see the attacker attacking or choking the mother at all. He was trying to empty the cash drawer.

Don’t get me wrong Iam not siding with the robber. But is 2 or 300$ dollars worth killing a man over? When I watch that video I don’t see one perp, I see two.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread