No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: End of life question. [Re: bucksnbears] #7446222
12/31/21 12:10 AM
12/31/21 12:10 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Thanks Adc.
I'm trying to get educated on all this.

I've had to deal with more of it than I ever expected. I've lost both parents, 2 sisters and a brother along with numerous aunts and uncles. I'm glad I can help out. If I recall when my last sister passed a few years back, it saved over 2K bypassing the funeral home.

Re: End of life question. [Re: charles] #7446238
12/31/21 12:33 AM
12/31/21 12:33 AM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by charles
My mom donated her body in a letter to a medical school 30 years before her death. No expenses whatsoever to our family and the school treated us very well. Every day before anatomy class, their students say a prayer. I asked if I could donate my body. I am too large. The school prefers smaller bodies that female students can handle.

LifeQuest Anatomical

www.lifequest-anatomical.com

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: End of life question. [Re: bucksnbears] #7446272
12/31/21 02:07 AM
12/31/21 02:07 AM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC
You can honor his wishes and still honor him by honoring his wishes.

Re: End of life question. [Re: bucksnbears] #7446442
12/31/21 09:43 AM
12/31/21 09:43 AM
Williamsport, Pa.
J
jk Offline
trapper
jk  Offline
trapper
J

Williamsport, Pa.
I went a different route. My lawyer took care of everything. When my mom was alive he had an interview with her. He asked questions that I did not have the nerve to ask and made all the arraignments before she died. She was very happy with the knowledge of what was going to happen. She was dying that horrible hospital death that my best friend and father and mother died from, in bed for months with people gaping at them. When the time came it was done, there was a slight bo bo at the cemetary end but no one but me noticed it........very grateful to my lawyer and not expensive as my mother wished......jk

Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free. What's supposed to be ain't always is. Hopper Hunter
Re: End of life question. [Re: bucksnbears] #7447058
12/31/21 08:07 PM
12/31/21 08:07 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Why is money a major theme during end of life? Is that what a lifetime with a loved one boils down too?

Re: End of life question. [Re: bucksnbears] #7447069
12/31/21 08:16 PM
12/31/21 08:16 PM
Northern Mn
rick olson Online content
trapper
rick olson  Online Content
trapper

Northern Mn
Mark,I think it's about the money for some people who feels like throwing away 3 to 10k away.Respect the person that has gone on to a better place.There is nothing wrong with spending thousand's on a funeral if that's what you or your family wants to do.To some people it ads more hardships on people that do not have 5k or so for the final send off from this earth.

Re: End of life question. [Re: bucksnbears] #7447100
12/31/21 08:42 PM
12/31/21 08:42 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Good points Rick. As a person who ministers to people who struggle with all sorts of shame, guilt, and unhealthy memories related to people's deaths in their lives, I just wondered why so many of the comments were related to cash.

I'd argue that people spend cash on the things they want. Trucks. Houses. Boats. Guns. Dance lessons. Dish TV. We are a nation of "spenders."
I also know from supporting some 150 deaths and the families involved that it's not funeral directors they don't want to spend the money with. Nope. It's death.
It's not about the money you see, it's about the frame of mind of those in charge of the end of life decisions.
Example: Just had a family arguing (it's why the gravely ill don't want a wake... avoid all the drama many times) over the money one of the men didn't want to spend for the mom's end of life situation but he had just dropped $350,000 on a sail boat.
You see, we place our $$$ where our heart's desires are.

If you want to save money on an end of life situation, then do what our ancestors did before about 1880. Prep and bury your loved one yourself. Do all of it. End to end.
But nope, because starting about 150 years ago we as a progressive people decided to give "undertakers" the duties we no longer wanted to do which now has evolved via culture sentiment and legislation into funeral homes/directors.
I'm not advocating for funeral homes - not my mission.
My wonderment is that a death memorial should honor the deceased. Does it or will it? If so, there will much better healthy grieving for all involved and if not there's a good chance unhealthy grieving will occur and doc's will Rx more meds.
That's the people I support who will not remember a dollar here or a dollar there in five years but will always remember the intent of those involved at end of life.
Dollars come and go. Emotions seem to live a long, long, long time.

You rarely had anyone 150 years ago say, "I don't want a funeral or a memorial when I die." Did not happen. And the family would have been shocked to hear such a request.
But this is a common request in 2021.
We have changed as a nation these last 100 years and having less reverence for those who die is not a good path. At so many levels.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: End of life question. [Re: bucksnbears] #7447105
12/31/21 08:47 PM
12/31/21 08:47 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline OP
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline OP
trapper
B

western mn
Good stuff Mark, thanks.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: End of life question. [Re: bucksnbears] #7447133
12/31/21 09:07 PM
12/31/21 09:07 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Its illegal to do it yourself.

If turning a loved one into a mummy is what you want whos to say different? In 3 thousand years they will be digging them up the way we do Egyptian mummy's and putting their jewelry in museums.

Pretty wrong to chastise people who dont want their loved ones remains preserved at enormous cost.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread