No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Global warming.. [Re: AirportTrapper] #7446459
12/31/21 10:04 AM
12/31/21 10:04 AM
Michigan
M
Michigander Offline
trapper
Michigander  Offline
trapper
M

Michigan
No ice or snow here in southern Michigan to speak of yet this winter. They used to cut ice from the local lake every year to use in ice chests throughout the year. We haven't had enough ice to do that but maybe 2 years out of the last 15.

Re: Global warming.. [Re: AirportTrapper] #7446479
12/31/21 10:39 AM
12/31/21 10:39 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Got another truck load of wood in last night. Supposed to be cold for a few days then back to the thirties and forty's again for highs. Don’t think winter will ever kick in in earnest this year, south of the jet stream!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Global warming.. [Re: AirportTrapper] #7446498
12/31/21 11:05 AM
12/31/21 11:05 AM
49th State
M
mad_mike Offline
trapper
mad_mike  Offline
trapper
M

49th State
Heck of a winter here so far.

Re: Global warming.. [Re: walleye101] #7446501
12/31/21 11:09 AM
12/31/21 11:09 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

Yepper. A lot of folks think the Earth's climate is supposed to be static. It never has been for any length of time. It cools and it heats in cycles. That's why we've had ice ages about every 10,000 years followed by global warming. But there's no money to be made in that reality.

Paul,
When Brandon and his buddy Kerry get the climate fixed and stabalized, how are they going to decide what the perfect temperature should be each day? Will everyone get to vote, or just the Democrats because they fixed it? And what if the southern Democrats would like it a little cooler, but up north they would prefer a little warmer?

I guess that's why we have the smart science guys in office to work all that out. We would probably just let weather fluctuate naturally, out of control.

Always remember what the former Secretary of the Interior said......................." We can't just let nature run wild. " Walter Hickel

Mean As Nails
Re: Global warming.. [Re: AirportTrapper] #7446564
12/31/21 12:13 PM
12/31/21 12:13 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Heading for -28 or so up here tonight again. As with every other winter there will be some -40 or so coming in the next month.
Still beats being a constant 63 degrees 6 feet under.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Global warming.. [Re: AirportTrapper] #7446915
12/31/21 05:56 PM
12/31/21 05:56 PM
Louisiana
AirportTrapper Offline OP
trapper
AirportTrapper  Offline OP
trapper

Louisiana
Looks like change is going to come quickly [Linked Image]

If it makes a track on this earth , I can catch it.
Re: Global warming.. [Re: AirportTrapper] #7447137
12/31/21 09:10 PM
12/31/21 09:10 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I can remember the late 70's and the forecast of an ice age that was going to kill us all like the dinosaurs. Ice age coming

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Global warming.. [Re: Drifter] #7447153
12/31/21 09:23 PM
12/31/21 09:23 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Originally Posted by Drifter
I can remember the late 70's and the forecast of an ice age that was going to kill us all like the dinosaurs. Ice age coming

You're right on that,...it will come round robin again!

Re: Global warming.. [Re: AirportTrapper] #7447253
12/31/21 10:49 PM
12/31/21 10:49 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
The climate and ecosystem cycles will forever be with the earth and with what or whom will be living at those times, past, present and future. We think in terms of seconds, days, years, life times, backyards or neighbor's yards and the natural system marches to a completely different time frame or time line. Of the many issues we face as the climate changes do we want to invest massively in infrastructure protection and change to save the infrastructure we have, or let those regions be impaired or destroyed and build totally new infrastructure in other regions? We also need to deal with the impact of having a half billion people in lower coastal , delta and estuary regions that will need to move and the billion or so more that will be here by that time. We may not like to have these persons encroaching on our more rural, less densely populated areas if we can help it.

One of the advantages that the developing nations have over the Western more developed nations is that with the digital age they never had to lay down costly communication type infrastructure and can adjust actually faster than many developed countries provided they have the revenues to do so. These nations are now markets for developed nations and that means over time wealth will be coming their way.

Bryce

Re: Global warming.. [Re: bblwi] #7447345
01/01/22 01:22 AM
01/01/22 01:22 AM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by bblwi
The climate and ecosystem cycles will forever be with the earth and with what or whom will be living at those times, past, present and future. We think in terms of seconds, days, years, life times, backyards or neighbor's yards and the natural system marches to a completely different time frame or time line. Of the many issues we face as the climate changes do we want to invest massively in infrastructure protection and change to save the infrastructure we have, or let those regions be impaired or destroyed and build totally new infrastructure in other regions? We also need to deal with the impact of having a half billion people in lower coastal , delta and estuary regions that will need to move and the billion or so more that will be here by that time. We may not like to have these persons encroaching on our more rural, less densely populated areas if we can help it.

One of the advantages that the developing nations have over the Western more developed nations is that with the digital age they never had to lay down costly communication type infrastructure and can adjust actually faster than many developed countries provided they have the revenues to do so. These nations are now markets for developed nations and that means over time wealth will be coming their way.

Bryce

All due respect, and let it be known that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I just read a whole bunch of words, but I find myself wanting of a cogent point from all of this. Maybe you aren't finished yet. If not, I'll come back in 3-4 days once I recover from the loss of brain cells from attempting to unravel this riddle.

Re: Global warming.. [Re: yukon254] #7447375
01/01/22 02:00 AM
01/01/22 02:00 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by yukon254
We are obviously in a cooling cycle up here! December has been brutal. Lots of -30 weather. The Liard basin where I trap was the coldest place on the planet a few days ago at -48 C.

Thats pretty cold Dave-hope Robert hasn't turned into an icicle,lol.
Been a milder winter here so far with lots of snow,but we had a couple day melt mid dec otherwise we would have about 4 feet by now.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread