No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Atheists #7450824
01/04/22 06:47 PM
01/04/22 06:47 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,920
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,920
Yukon


do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Atheists [Re: yukon254] #7450836
01/04/22 07:06 PM
01/04/22 07:06 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,288
Finally run aground in TN
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,288
Finally run aground in TN
Mr. Metaxas is the author, most recently, of “Miracles: What They Are, Why They Happen, and How They Can Change Your Life” ( DuttonAdult, 2014).

But he does have a hard time keeping his numbers and facts straight it seems.


But whatever got of the many that there seem to be, I am sure you believe in the right one.


I do all my own stunts ..... but never intentionally .................. Let's go Brandon
Re: Atheists [Re: yukon254] #7450855
01/04/22 07:24 PM
01/04/22 07:24 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,293
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,293
Idaho Falls, ID
Interesting

Last edited by Grandpa Trapper; 01/04/22 07:24 PM.
Re: Atheists [Re: yukon254] #7450867
01/04/22 07:36 PM
01/04/22 07:36 PM
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1,192
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1,192
Saskatchewan
I’ll give him credit, he knows how to pad his pockets, speak to a group that wants to hear it. Kind of like Joe Rogan (not saying I disagree with everything he says), I suppose. Savvy businessmen.

Last edited by rvsask; 01/04/22 07:37 PM.
Re: Atheists [Re: rvsask] #7450880
01/04/22 07:48 PM
01/04/22 07:48 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 12,427
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 12,427
Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by rvsask
I’ll give him credit, he knows how to pad his pockets, speak to a group that wants to hear it. Kind of like Joe Rogan (not saying I disagree with everything he says), I suppose. Savvy businessmen.


Wall Street Journal is a "group that wants to hear it"?


~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Atheists [Re: yukon254] #7450925
01/04/22 08:31 PM
01/04/22 08:31 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 7,404
Texas
Mark June Online content
trapper
Mark June  Online Content
trapper

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 7,404
Texas
I always remember the words of the Apostle Paul, written to the believers at the church in Corinth.

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God,
God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom but we preach Christ crucified,
to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,
but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1 Co 1:21–24

It paints a perfect picture of how the world has remained through the millennia and how God's call regenerates.

Blessings,
Mark


Dallas Theological Seminary
https://www.dts.edu
https://www.markjuneslures.com/
Predator Trapping Academy Host



Re: Atheists [Re: yukon254] #7451056
01/04/22 10:17 PM
01/04/22 10:17 PM
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 154
West Virginia
C
Choo Offline
trapper
Choo  Offline
trapper
C

Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 154
West Virginia
How anyone who has studied biological science and still comes to the conconclussion of we simply evolved is choosing to turn their head from the truth. Spend some time in a physiology class even more so a reproductive physiology or genetics class and the shear perfection of what takes place so that we come into existence is nothing short of a work of art.

Re: Atheists [Re: yukon254] #7451339
01/05/22 09:53 AM
01/05/22 09:53 AM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,288
Finally run aground in TN
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,288
Finally run aground in TN
Choo with one of these did your guy put together ??


[Linked Image]


For me the more interesting question is.

Due to or rapidly changing environment and with that changes in medicine etc. Is evolution speeding up ??


I do all my own stunts ..... but never intentionally .................. Let's go Brandon
Re: Atheists [Re: Scuba1] #7451382
01/05/22 10:39 AM
01/05/22 10:39 AM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,125
Louisiana
AirportTrapper Offline
trapper
AirportTrapper  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,125
Louisiana
Originally Posted by Scuba1
Choo with one of these did your guy put together ??


[Linked Image]


For me the more interesting question is.

Due to or rapidly changing environment and with that changes in medicine etc. Is evolution speeding up ??



Looking at the picture time line. Why are there still hominid apes running around but none of the others?


If it makes a track on this earth , I can catch it.
Re: Atheists [Re: rvsask] #7451433
01/05/22 11:37 AM
01/05/22 11:37 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,920
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline OP
trapper
yukon254  Offline OP
trapper
Y

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,920
Yukon
Originally Posted by rvsask
I’ll give him credit, he knows how to pad his pockets, speak to a group that wants to hear it. Kind of like Joe Rogan (not saying I disagree with everything he says), I suppose. Savvy businessmen.


Im not sure how much money the author of this article has made, but I saw a media ratings chart the other day and Joe Rogan is dominating the ratings. His closest rival is Tucker with about 3.5 million viewers. Rogan has just over 11 million!

Joe is popular not because of what he says, but because of the questions he asks. He has the reputation as being one of the best interviewers of our time, and after watching a few of his interviews I tend to agree. He has a very good understanding of what average people want to know. His recent interview with Dr Malone, is a great example.


do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Atheists [Re: Scuba1] #7451469
01/05/22 12:16 PM
01/05/22 12:16 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 8,440
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 8,440
Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Scuba1
For me the more interesting question is.

Due to or rapidly changing environment and with that changes in medicine etc. Is evolution speeding up ??

We have remarkably little knowledge of mankind and his time on the planet, just a few short years in the scheme of things. Cro-Magnon 'man' supposedly existed just 10,000 years ago...not even a speck of dust in time to go from that forehead to man unraveling the genetic code...some three billion characters in length...and the most sophisticated code ever written.

Re: Atheists [Re: Scuba1] #7451484
01/05/22 12:36 PM
01/05/22 12:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,527
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,527
Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by Scuba1
Choo with one of these did your guy put together ??


[Linked Image]


For me the more interesting question is.

Due to or rapidly changing environment and with that changes in medicine etc. Is evolution speeding up ??


Nothing is evolving faster than that chart. They keep changing it, dropping some off, adding some. Changing the dates. Laughable.

Re: Atheists [Re: BernieB.] #7451502
01/05/22 12:53 PM
01/05/22 12:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 50,346
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline
trapper
330-Trapper  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 50,346
Minnesota
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by Scuba1
Choo with one of these did your guy put together ??


[Linked Image]


For me the more interesting question is.

Due to or rapidly changing environment and with that changes in medicine etc. Is evolution speeding up ??


Nothing is evolving faster than that chart. They keep changing it, dropping some off, adding some. Changing the dates. Laughable.

Exactly


NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com




Re: Atheists [Re: BernieB.] #7451504
01/05/22 12:56 PM
01/05/22 12:56 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 8,440
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 8,440
Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Nothing is evolving faster than that chart. They keep changing it, dropping some off, adding some. Changing the dates. Laughable.


Lol, ain't that the truth. Watch any ten 'science' shows claiming to date the earth or man and you'll get ten wildly divergent answers. They're that desperate.

Re: Atheists [Re: yukon254] #7451540
01/05/22 01:50 PM
01/05/22 01:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,288
Finally run aground in TN
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,288
Finally run aground in TN
talk about laughable. According to the bible, this whole lot was created around 4000 years ago and of course there is zero evidence that anything in the universe is older than that. So who is getting the numbers wrong ??

I'll leave it at that as I have no intention to get drawn into a pointless argument like before . Just ain't worth it .... To quote a great philosopher of of the 20th century. " Sir this parrot is dead "


I do all my own stunts ..... but never intentionally .................. Let's go Brandon
Re: Atheists [Re: Scuba1] #7451562
01/05/22 02:25 PM
01/05/22 02:25 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,527
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,527
Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by Scuba1
talk about laughable. According to the bible, this whole lot was created around 4000 years ago and of course there is zero evidence that anything in the universe is older than that. So who is getting the numbers wrong ??

I'll leave it at that as I have no intention to get drawn into a pointless argument like before . Just ain't worth it .... To quote a great philosopher of of the 20th century. " Sir this parrot is dead "


The bible doesn't put a number of years on it, and what it says about the origin of man is a LOT more believable than what's been tossed around these last 50-60 years or so. You have to put your faith in something. It's hard to believe people are putting their faith in these millions of years and phony charts. Scuba you are making it way too simple, which is a sign you don't really want to look at facts.

Re: Atheists [Re: yukon254] #7451571
01/05/22 02:39 PM
01/05/22 02:39 PM
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1,192
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1,192
Saskatchewan
People aren’t putting their “faith” in millions of years and charts. Faith is belief in something you hope for. People are just exposed to more know therefore some of them are not putting “their faith” in anything.

Re: Atheists [Re: rvsask] #7451590
01/05/22 03:19 PM
01/05/22 03:19 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,125
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,125
PA
Originally Posted by rvsask
People aren’t putting their “faith” in millions of years and charts. Faith is belief in something you hope for. People are just exposed to more know therefore some of them are not putting “their faith” in anything.

See that's the mistake many make. Science doesn't deal in facts nor do scientists claim to have facts. So yes, there's always belief involved. The various theories are constantly changing, because they are just that, theories.
And that chart is not what scientists believe happened. It's a much more fragmented tree of life and there's room for lots of speculation.


Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Atheists [Re: yukon254] #7451616
01/05/22 04:11 PM
01/05/22 04:11 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,288
Finally run aground in TN
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,288
Finally run aground in TN
Jeepers folks. I just copied that drawing of the inter web without bothering to look at the numbers on it as that was not the point I was trying to make. Just got back from fixing a boat and I think I heard a sonic boom and can only presume that it was made by said point going over some folks head wink


I do all my own stunts ..... but never intentionally .................. Let's go Brandon
Re: Atheists [Re: yukon254] #7451618
01/05/22 04:12 PM
01/05/22 04:12 PM
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,033
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,033
Wyoming
On the backs of bigger fleas are little fleas that bite them,
and on the backs of little fleas are lesser fleas ad infinitem


“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread