No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: If you buy a new woodstove... [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7453375
01/07/22 12:49 PM
01/07/22 12:49 PM
Nevada
YamaCat Offline
trapper
YamaCat  Offline
trapper

Nevada
Hey Donner, where did end up getting all of the chimney stuff ? I’ve been looking at Northline express, but they seem a little spendy.

Re: If you buy a new woodstove... [Re: YamaCat] #7453435
01/07/22 02:03 PM
01/07/22 02:03 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline OP
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline OP
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by YamaCat
Hey Donner, where did end up getting all of the chimney stuff ? I’ve been looking at Northline express, but they seem a little spendy.

My uncle runs a chimey business, he sourced everything but said he had to buy some parts from his competition or they wouldn't be here for weeks yet. He is having all sorts of trouble getting parts.

Re: If you buy a new woodstove... [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7453698
01/07/22 08:32 PM
01/07/22 08:32 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
If I had to do it again I think ide try and find one with a grate like you said. The air does have to be pulled from the outside with a mobile home stove... until it's inspected. The way these doors and windows leak I'm not worried about pulling air from in here.

I have outside air ducted to the fireboxes on both the woodstove at home and the one at camp. I installed both of them myself because the stoves were pulling air through leaky windows and doors. The outside air kits have eliminated that problem. Why not leave yours installed after the inspection?

Eh...wot?

Re: If you buy a new woodstove... [Re: Lugnut] #7454414
01/08/22 04:22 PM
01/08/22 04:22 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline OP
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline OP
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
If I had to do it again I think ide try and find one with a grate like you said. The air does have to be pulled from the outside with a mobile home stove... until it's inspected. The way these doors and windows leak I'm not worried about pulling air from in here.

I have outside air ducted to the fireboxes on both the woodstove at home and the one at camp. I installed both of them myself because the stoves were pulling air through leaky windows and doors. The outside air kits have eliminated that problem. Why not leave yours installed after the inspection?

I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that it would frost up.

Re: If you buy a new woodstove... [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7454427
01/08/22 04:39 PM
01/08/22 04:39 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
I have outside air ducted to mine also. Never had an issue with frost

Mean As Nails
Re: If you buy a new woodstove... [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7454439
01/08/22 04:56 PM
01/08/22 04:56 PM
Southern Wisconsin
H
Howell Bros Offline
trapper
Howell Bros  Offline
trapper
H

Southern Wisconsin
I replaced our black pipe from the stove to the insulated chimney one year. The first fire set off the carbon monoxide detector. When the fire trucks showed up they checked everywhere you would think, cook stove, water heater, no CO. Finally they walked by the woodstove and the tester went crazy. The burning paint gave off CO. They had never seen that before.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread