Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Huge traps for coyotes [Re: DWC] #7461894
01/15/22 08:24 PM
01/15/22 08:24 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I use nothing but Jakes. I don't know what the jaw spread is on them, but if I catch a coyote any higher up the leg, I'll be into his hip. smile
I like Jakes because I deal with a lot of wind blown sand, but they still fire through it. I have plenty of CDRs, but have no reason to try them, given how the Jakes have performed.

Re: Huge traps for coyotes [Re: 52Carl] #7461914
01/15/22 08:54 PM
01/15/22 08:54 PM
Midland, MI.
Seldom Offline
trapper
Seldom  Offline
trapper

Midland, MI.
Originally Posted by 52Carl
I use nothing but Jakes. I don't know what the jaw spread is on them, but if I catch a coyote any higher up the leg, I'll be into his hip. smile
I like Jakes because I deal with a lot of wind blown sand, but they still fire through it. I have plenty of CDRs, but have no reason to try them, given how the Jakes have performed.

6-5/8” OD x 5-1/2” ID

"A few want to know WHY, the majority appear to be satisfied just knowing HOW!"
Youtube Channel- SeldomFales
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91