No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7450638
01/04/22 02:32 PM
01/04/22 02:32 PM
UP of Michigan
B
billy Offline
trapper
billy  Offline
trapper
B

UP of Michigan
i will start out by sayin thanks paul for this site and like what has been said many times,this place is priceless.

Billy
Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7450651
01/04/22 02:53 PM
01/04/22 02:53 PM
new york
H
henpecked1 Offline
trapper
henpecked1  Offline
trapper
H

new york
The real value of TRAPPEMAN is digital content (documented history). if you do a google internet search for a particular trapper or historical item on trapping there is a pretty good chance you will have a result that was generated on TRAPPERMAN. There are very few places where this historical information is being preserved. I discussed this particular issue with Tom Parr (NATCA MUSEUM and editor of Trappers World): how do we preserve our history in a changing world that is not "pro" what we do. Trappers use to get magazines every month, the new trappers do not subscribe so circulation is down. Its a new world where its difficult to bring in fresh blood. Jeff Dunlap recognized the issue on documenting our history which is why I got involved with Trapping History and Heritage which is quite different from this site but has some very common denominators. Paul allows you to talk which draws out information that would not be normally shared, this involves a huge trust factor by all parties. You cannot do this on media like FB as you get tossed out or put on some type of probation. The bottom line is still the digitized documentation of trapping methods and history. Paul has done an outstanding job providing a means to accomplish this, So what the price, the price is your memories and your friendships with trappers most of whom you have never met except on this forum. Thats priceless, how do you put a value on a friend.

Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7450665
01/04/22 03:16 PM
01/04/22 03:16 PM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
I realize its a mighty big chore to monitor this site. Even with help.

Be careful for the cons in these days.

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7451148
01/05/22 12:35 AM
01/05/22 12:35 AM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
I suspect this site is not realising its earning potential. Is there any advertising? I see MTP but not much else. Good for us members, maybe not for the bottom line. I certainly don't want that to hange.
I also suspect that Facebook trapping groups are getting members that this site would otherwise get. The Alaska TA has a FB group and it is very popular and gaining new members everyday.
The day will certainly come when change will come to this site. I don't see how it will be anything but for the worse.
Thank you for your service, Paul!

Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: martentrapper] #7451158
01/05/22 12:51 AM
01/05/22 12:51 AM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline OP
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline OP
"Trapperman custodian"

Originally Posted by martentrapper
I suspect this site is not realising its earning potential. Is there any advertising? I see MTP but not much else. Good for us members, maybe not for the bottom line. I certainly don't want that to hange.
I also suspect that Facebook trapping groups are getting members that this site would otherwise get. The Alaska TA has a FB group and it is very popular and gaining new members everyday.
The day will certainly come when change will come to this site. I don't see how it will be anything but for the worse.

We have more advertisers than you think. Here's a list of those with banners. This doesn't include the magazines that have banners. There's also a waiting list of those who wish to advertise, but there's not any other forums active enough to charge advertising fees for...

Trapper Talk – Minnesota Trapline Products
ADC forum – Wildlife Control Supplies
Strictly Trapping forum – F&T
Trap Shed forum – F&T
Lure and Bait Making forum – Southern Snares
Wilderness forum – Ted’s Fur Shed
Kid’s forum – Lenon’s lures
Fur Handling forum – PCS Outdoors

Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7451164
01/05/22 01:01 AM
01/05/22 01:01 AM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
Paul - thank you for this website which does preserve much information. I would expect an offer of less than $4,000. Plus a statement that the valuation was difficult due to nothing similar.

Now to an important suggestion. Antis cut and paste from this website. This provides their best ammunition about trapping. I would like to see this website appear close and require a membership code to enter. Then no antis could have open access.

Best wishes!

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: martentrapper] #7451167
01/05/22 01:09 AM
01/05/22 01:09 AM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa

I agree. However, Paul is like many on here. Money isn't everything. There are things that matter more.

Paul, if I am wrong please correct me. From what I see this site is here to promote and show the benefits of trapping. I don't think there are enough zeroes to get Paul to sell. My bet is when he is ready he will pass the torch.

This isn't butt kissing, I just call it the way I see it. My next post might be asking about how warm that delete button is. whistle

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Jerry Jr.] #7451169
01/05/22 01:16 AM
01/05/22 01:16 AM
Paul Dobbins Offline OP
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline OP
"Trapperman custodian"

Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

I agree. However, Paul is like many on here. Money isn't everything. There are things that matter more.

Paul, if I am wrong please correct me. From what I see this site is here to promote and show the benefits of trapping. I don't think there are enough zeroes to get Paul to sell. My bet is when he is ready he will pass the torch.

This isn't butt kissing, I just call it the way I see it. My next post might be asking about how warm that delete button is. whistle

You're dead on Jerry. I'm not interested in the money, and when it comes time for me hand this over to someone else, it will have to be the right person, or it will be terminated.

Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7451178
01/05/22 01:45 AM
01/05/22 01:45 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Nothing but respect for your values and ethics Paul. Not many people like you left on the planet. Everyone is after the dollar, and the vast majority would sell to the highest bidder, and they wouldnt care what happened after they got the check.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7451199
01/05/22 03:12 AM
01/05/22 03:12 AM
MICHIGAN
D
Dirty trapper 73 Offline
trapper
Dirty trapper 73  Offline
trapper
D

MICHIGAN

Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Willy Firewood] #7451300
01/05/22 09:06 AM
01/05/22 09:06 AM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Originally Posted by Willy Firewood
Paul - thank you for this website which does preserve much information. I would expect an offer of less than $4,000. Plus a statement that the valuation was difficult due to nothing similar.

Now to an important suggestion. Antis cut and paste from this website. This provides their best ammunition about trapping. I would like to see this website appear close and require a membership code to enter. Then no antis could have open access.

Best wishes!

Oh my lord are you paranoid or what

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Snowpa] #7451377
01/05/22 10:34 AM
01/05/22 10:34 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
A lot of groups and organizations are using FB as a forum instead of using websites. No to minimal cost and not much maintenance etc. With all the issues with the social media they do provide excellent and low to no cost options for individuals and organizations.

Bryce

Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: bblwi] #7451383
01/05/22 10:39 AM
01/05/22 10:39 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by bblwi
A lot of groups and organizations are using FB as a forum instead of using websites. No to minimal cost and not much maintenance etc. With all the issues with the social media they do provide excellent and low to no cost options for individuals and organizations.

Bryce

Until facebook just shuts you down with no warning and no recourse.

Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7451391
01/05/22 10:49 AM
01/05/22 10:49 AM
el vado, nm
T
Tom Fisher Offline
trapper
Tom Fisher  Offline
trapper
T

el vado, nm
Priceless

Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7451396
01/05/22 10:58 AM
01/05/22 10:58 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
I'm not interested in the money, and when it comes time for me hand this over to someone else, it will have to be the right person, or it will be terminated.

Gotta say, Boss, you've been tolerant of me and let me dodge a bullet or two, but I have noticed your iron-fisted rule. It's not hard to tell this is your baby and you'll protect her. I admire that.

Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7451605
01/05/22 03:54 PM
01/05/22 03:54 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Maybe they are an aquisition arm of Peta. Buy this site and then shut it down. A la Canada Goose.

Good point. I'm sure they would like to shut this site down.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7451608
01/05/22 04:01 PM
01/05/22 04:01 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
I didn't get a response, so I reckon it doesn't really matter. No way was I going to sell, just curious about what an offer would look like. In the past when I've been asked to sell, I'd tell them they don't have enough money. That was before they had a chance to make an offer.

If you didn't get a response it may be that since they are probably familiar with the site, they saw all the scepticism by many of us. That could have scared them off if they weren't legit.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7451611
01/05/22 04:03 PM
01/05/22 04:03 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Priceless.

I'm glad it's in the hands its in.

Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: BernieB.] #7453975
01/08/22 01:30 AM
01/08/22 01:30 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

Until facebook just shuts you down with no warning and no recourse.

Yes, that's what happened to Wi Carry, Inc that I belong to Bernie.

Re: What do you reckon Tman is worth? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7453997
01/08/22 03:54 AM
01/08/22 03:54 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
This site is very unique, not only for hunting/trapping knowledge, but this place is a collection of knowledgeable tradesmen that can answer about any question better than google.

I am guessing its also monitored by the FBI ,FWS, and many state FnG agency's

Since its full of Trump voting white supremacist, insurrectionist. That could be used to organize a militia in the future if needed.

I would not be surprised with the way free speech is being shut down all over the internet, that this site might be on the hit list someday. Probably by our government.

Thanks for putting up with us. No other place like it.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread