No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: TC1] #7453256
01/07/22 10:38 AM
01/07/22 10:38 AM
MN
K
K9BeavCoon Offline
trapper
K9BeavCoon  Offline
trapper
K

MN
Originally Posted by TC1
I truly believe you, my cousin and his wife were looking to move to upstate early last year due to a tremendous job opportunity. Taxes and regulations kept them here though. I wished the majority landing here were like you and fellow conservatives. Sadly, that’s not the case. I consider liberalism a parasite, always looking for a new host to destroy. I’m afraid it will continue to spread until something or someone finally hits the reset button. Until then, I will continue to be a thorn in their side though!

X2 on the reset. I love my country and I believe in peace. But all the great governments of the world have fallen. We will too unless someone draws a line in the sand.

Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: trap-alaska] #7453268
01/07/22 10:52 AM
01/07/22 10:52 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Originally Posted by trap-alaska
That's disturbing, I plan to move to SD when I retire from the Army in three years. Was planning on the Black Hills area but have been watching property prices skyrocket (way ahead of the overall real estate market) and starting to wonder if it will work out. This seems to be happening more frequently where a large liberal population in a couple cities rule an entire state of (largely) conservative citizens.

Ya i would maybe look outside that area. I think the uhaul article law dog started this conversation about was based out of Rapid City and focused on the record influx of people specifically there. That, and once all the newbies to sioux falls get sick of looking at a foam filled river falling down the rocks, they spend their weekends in “the hills” as they call them.

Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Law Dog] #7453270
01/07/22 10:56 AM
01/07/22 10:56 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
You think the Black Hills are spendy, buy a lake home in SD. YIKES.

Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Law Dog] #7453278
01/07/22 11:06 AM
01/07/22 11:06 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline OP
trapper
Law Dog  Offline OP
trapper

Central, SD
The most disturbing part of that news story was the in flow was just over 19% but the out flow of people was around 22% seemed like a double whammy.

You look at some of the more remote counties to get away from people and good property can be found at a reasonable price still. Some have the most favorable weather in the State also. You just can’t fall out of bed and hit the Walmart down the street.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Rat Masterson] #7453279
01/07/22 11:09 AM
01/07/22 11:09 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline OP
trapper
Law Dog  Offline OP
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
You think the Black Hills are spendy, buy a lake home in SD. YIKES.

Looked into the Black Hills years ago it was nuts then even more if you wanted water on tap. LOL

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Gator Foot] #7453281
01/07/22 11:12 AM
01/07/22 11:12 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by Gator Foot
Originally Posted by Catch22
Thing is, all those people leaving to get away from all the ridiculousness, start it all over again where they end up.

Yep. They are going to flip the red states.

This is what will happen.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Law Dog] #7453289
01/07/22 11:20 AM
01/07/22 11:20 AM
Missouri
P
pineymoboy Offline
trapper
pineymoboy  Offline
trapper
P

Missouri
My wife and I worked hard all our lives, raising our kids, building a good future for us and our kids. We, like a lot of people, didn't pay a whole lot of attention what was happening to the country. We were just too darn busy. We paid taxes, voted, and kept busy shuffling kids around to every ball game, dance recital etc. Now I look at what is happening to us normal people, and it's like watching a 40-50 year old western on tv, only we are the indians now. In these old flicks, thousands of people were moving west for a better life, getting away from high taxes, over crowding, bureaucracy etc., kind of like people in this thread. But back to my comparing us with the indians. We are now being controlled by a handful of loonies in Washington. We are losing our rights one by one, we are losing our history, one statue at a time, we are told what to do or else. Once in awhile we have a few "indian uprisings and skirmishes" which are put down quickly. (ask the folks from January 6) Writing to our congressman is a joke, voting is a joke, believing a politician is a joke. We still have the numbers but they have the power, and if it continues they way it is, we are all headed to the govt. reservation. Hopefully I won't get spanked for being political.

Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Law Dog] #7453292
01/07/22 11:22 AM
01/07/22 11:22 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline OP
trapper
Law Dog  Offline OP
trapper

Central, SD
Look at what MT is dealing with they don’t tell about like minded conservatives moving there and then blending into the red lifestyles, we have no problem with folks moving here I’ve helped a few work on that I just don’t see the happy outcome others do.

I remember as a kid a remote drag strip in IN that had houses built around it then years later the housing increased. Years later it was shut down because of the noise. LOL

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: trap-alaska] #7453300
01/07/22 11:30 AM
01/07/22 11:30 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
That's disturbing, I plan to move to SD when I retire from the Army in three years. Was planning on the Black Hills area but have been watching property prices skyrocket (way ahead of the overall real estate market) and starting to wonder if it will work out. This seems to be happening more frequently where a large liberal population in a couple cities rule an entire state of (largely) conservative citizens.

I checked on land prices out there. I decided maybe i should spend the cash on my farn instead.

I was thinking about doing some traveling in western red areas learning about then, the people, jobs, and the weather with the idea of selling out here and moving in the future. I mean i cant hardely comprehend having so much area and varity of game. So much area to ride horses and less people sound like heaven. But i would need 10x the ground to keep as many cows as i can here and growing a garden may be tough in a lot of areas. Then add in the odd water rights and lack of water in some places in the west.

Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Providence Farm] #7453382
01/07/22 12:59 PM
01/07/22 12:59 PM
Carlisle, PA
T
trap-alaska Offline
trapper
trap-alaska  Offline
trapper
T

Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

I checked on land prices out there. I decided maybe i should spend the cash on my farn instead.

I was thinking about doing some traveling in western red areas learning about then, the people, jobs, and the weather with the idea of selling out here and moving in the future. I mean i cant hardely comprehend having so much area and varity of game. So much area to ride horses and less people sound like heaven. But i would need 10x the ground to keep as many cows as i can here and growing a garden may be tough in a lot of areas. Then add in the odd water rights and lack of water in some places in the west.

I'm originally from IN and have no desire to go back there but it is a great area for a rural lifestyle and still affordable compared to a lot of places.

Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: pineymoboy] #7453692
01/07/22 08:23 PM
01/07/22 08:23 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by pineymoboy
My wife and I worked hard all our lives, raising our kids, building a good future for us and our kids. We, like a lot of people, didn't pay a whole lot of attention what was happening to the country. We were just too darn busy. We paid taxes, voted, and kept busy shuffling kids around to every ball game, dance recital etc. Now I look at what is happening to us normal people, and it's like watching a 40-50 year old western on tv, only we are the indians now. In these old flicks, thousands of people were moving west for a better life, getting away from high taxes, over crowding, bureaucracy etc., kind of like people in this thread. But back to my comparing us with the indians. We are now being controlled by a handful of loonies in Washington. We are losing our rights one by one, we are losing our history, one statue at a time, we are told what to do or else. Once in awhile we have a few "indian uprisings and skirmishes" which are put down quickly. (ask the folks from January 6) Writing to our congressman is a joke, voting is a joke, believing a politician is a joke. We still have the numbers but they have the power, and if it continues they way it is, we are all headed to the govt. reservation. Hopefully I won't get spanked for being political.

Yep

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Law Dog] #7454465
01/08/22 05:53 PM
01/08/22 05:53 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
I think some of my fellow South Dakotans actually need to look at some a real voting data instead of imaging some blue horde moving into the state. I doubt that this state is going to turn turtle to blue any time soon.

In 2016 DJT beat the Witch 61.5% to 31.7%. The Witch carried 5 counties--4 reservation and Clay (University of SD). In "upper sewer falls" and its east-west-north suburbs, Trump beat Hillary 53.7% to 39.1%. In "lower sewer falls", the smack down was worse, Trump 61%. The Witch couldn't even carry the largest university town in the state in Brookings Co. with DJT 53.2% to 38.5%

Fast forward to 2020, President Trump beats Sniffy Joe 61.8% to 35.6%. Biden picked up another reservation county but everything else remained the same. In "upper sewer falls" and surrounds Trump still got 53.3% of the vote and Joe gained on the Witch and ended up with 43.8% so DJT still beat him by 10%. Southern sewer falls, Pres Trump beat Sniffy 60/6% to 37%. Slow Joe couldn't even gain on the Witch in Brookings as Trump gained a percentage point on the Dem compared to 2016.

As for Mayor Paul losing to an Muslim immigration lawyer this year, I'll believe it when I see it.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Law Dog] #7454478
01/08/22 06:11 PM
01/08/22 06:11 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline OP
trapper
Law Dog  Offline OP
trapper

Central, SD
How close was the Governor’s race the last go around against a Bernie fan of a candidate?

Jerry Herbst
Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: NonPCfed] #7454568
01/08/22 07:35 PM
01/08/22 07:35 PM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
[quote=NonPCfed]I think some of my fellow South Dakotans actually need to look at some a real voting data instead of imaging some blue horde moving into the state. I doubt that this state is going to turn turtle to blue any time soon.

In 2016 DJT beat the Witch 61.5% to 31.7%. The Witch carried 5 counties--4 reservation and Clay (University of SD). In "upper sewer falls" and its east-west-north suburbs, Trump beat Hillary 53.7% to 39.1%. In "lower sewer falls", the smack down was worse, Trump 61%. The Witch couldn't even carry the largest university town in the state in Brookings Co. with DJT 53.2% to 38.5%

Fast forward to 2020, President Trump beats Sniffy Joe 61.8% to 35.6%. Biden picked up another reservation county but everything else remained the same. In "upper sewer falls" and surrounds Trump still got 53.3% of the vote and Joe gained on the Witch and ended up with 43.8% so DJT still beat him by 10%. Southern sewer falls, Pres Trump beat Sniffy 60/6% to 37%. Slow Joe couldn't even gain on the Witch in Brookings as Trump gained a percentage point on the Dem compared to 2016.

As for Mayor Paul losing to an Muslim immigration lawyer this year, I'll believe it when I see it. [/quote

Quoting 5 year old stats for something happening now isnt really relative. Whats real and now is knowing realtors who dont know what to tell their clients to offer on a house because unseen offers of 25-40k over asking from CA. Reading articles like the one that started this thread. Maybe im wrong and only the best conservatives are moving to SD. And thinking its impossible for Tenhaken to get beat is dangerous. Im afraid too many people think that and think he has it in the bag. He didnt get THAT many more votes than Letcher and her activist blm supporting pick for police chief the last go around.

Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Law Dog] #7455134
01/09/22 12:20 PM
01/09/22 12:20 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
DWC- 2020 Presidential election was 5 years ago...?

I never said it was impossible Tenhaken to lose the Sioux Falls mayor election, just don't think its going to happen. I guess we'll find out this year. The Soo Foo business community has always supported Lutheran Social Services relocation programs because it gives them cheap entry-level labor. Perhaps that ends up biting them in the arse in the end, don't know. Most of the meth heads in Soo Foo aren't the immigrants.

Law Dog- Billy Sutton's heart-tug story was worth 10% of his vote in 2018. I doubt if Sutton wouldn't have been a crippled rodeo cowboy he would have gotten as close to Noem as he did. The Hughes County cabal didn't vote for Noem but for Sutton because they knew they would still be in charge with control of both houses of the Legislature and having a weak young Democratic governor.

We'll test all the theories this year.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Law Dog] #7455144
01/09/22 12:32 PM
01/09/22 12:32 PM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
2016 is what u started quoting. Your “facts” are incorrect sir. Time to turn off keloland and burn your copies of the argus liar.

Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Law Dog] #7455146
01/09/22 12:37 PM
01/09/22 12:37 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Good luck NonPCfed! Trappers don't like facts. Schadenfreude! smile

Who is John Galt?
Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Law Dog] #7455156
01/09/22 12:48 PM
01/09/22 12:48 PM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Thats the thing about stats. U can make them say whatever. For him to say most of the methheads arent immigrants, he would be right if talking sheer numbers. But percentages of the population? This line if thinking is exactly what liberals use in their defund the police or police reform arguments. Numbers will say whatever you want them to.

Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: Law Dog] #7455162
01/09/22 12:56 PM
01/09/22 12:56 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
I've met conservatives in every state I've been in and that includes California. Many rural areas of California are conservative. My suggestion is to get to know them. We have more than a few members on here from crap hole states like Washington and Oregon

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Bad news News last night. [Re: AntiGov] #7455192
01/09/22 01:29 PM
01/09/22 01:29 PM
Wyoming
wytex Offline
trapper
wytex  Offline
trapper

Wyoming
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Originally Posted by danvee
Are you sure that they are not like minded people wanting to move to a better state and support hunting trapping and such.

Whaaat

Sad for you all because that is what happens frequently in Wyoming except for areas such as Jackson.
The very reason I moved to Wyoming 34 years ago from Texas was for the hunting.
All it takes is one to 2 good winters and the not so hardy go back to warmer climes.
I guess danvee and I are lucky in the quality of folks we've met that moved to Wyoming and the residents that have made us friends. No one I've met in the last few years would ever think I'm not from Wyoming, they are quite surprised to hear I moved here from Texas.
You all have a mess it seems.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread