No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money #7457190
01/11/22 10:23 AM
01/11/22 10:23 AM
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 335
Iowa & Neb
Larry Sills Offline OP
trapper
Larry Sills  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 335
Iowa & Neb
This should be illegal, how does a non-profit get monies from the Paycheck Protection Program? Because they are a non-profit they pay limited or in some cases no taxes at all. Talk about double dipping the system.

(I performed a brief check on the internet and most humane societies across the nation also received these funds.)


SBA PPP loan data, payroll data, and salaries for Humane Society Of Scott County, IA
Nonprofit Organization
Humane Society Of Scott County
Entity: Non-profit Organization
Industry: Pet Care (except Veterinary) Services
Location: Davenport, IA

Tweet This Search All PPP Data
Humane Society Of Scott County is a non-profit organization located at 2802 W Central Park Ave in Davenport, Iowa that received a Coronavirus-related PPP loan from the SBA of $118,845.00 in February, 2021.

$ PPP Loan Information Loan #1604748507
Loan Size:$118,845
Jobs Retained: 26
Loan Approved: 2021-02-19
Loan Status:Paid in Full or Forgiven
Lender:Quad City Bank and Trust


Cracker Jack Trapper and Predator Enthusiast
Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Larry Sills] #7457198
01/11/22 10:26 AM
01/11/22 10:26 AM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24,129
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24,129
williams,mn
Very scam-like


"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Larry Sills] #7457251
01/11/22 11:10 AM
01/11/22 11:10 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,122
AK
W
white dog Offline
trapper
white dog  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,122
AK

The government is the largest non-profit in the country. I doubt the people working for government complain about the cost of maintaining their job and paying for their retirement. Half this country produces nothing.




Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Larry Sills] #7457262
01/11/22 11:24 AM
01/11/22 11:24 AM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 29,839
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 29,839
Central, SD
Many have lost their non profit status over the years due to mismanaging the funds they pay themselves very well and little goes to help any animals.


Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: trapper les] #7457271
01/11/22 11:29 AM
01/11/22 11:29 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 50,346
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline
trapper
330-Trapper  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 50,346
Minnesota
Originally Posted by trapper les
Very scam-like

Yes

And many of them euthanize animals too! - it's brand proven


NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com




Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Larry Sills] #7457344
01/11/22 12:39 PM
01/11/22 12:39 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,496
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,496
Oakland, MS
Far more troubling to me is the set up they have going on reimbursement of legal fees win loose or draw. This got set up during the Clinton presidency. It is a real money maker for their legal staff.


Experience only teaches the teachable.

Aldous Huxley









Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Larry Sills] #7457366
01/11/22 01:14 PM
01/11/22 01:14 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,058
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,058
Hancock Co., Indiana
I don't think the local county Humane Societies are the same thing as the Humane Society of the U.S. that you are thinking of.

The local county humane society picks up stray pets, tries to find them homes, and euthanizes ones they can't rescue. They are not an animal rights organization per se, Their employees may or may not be animal rights advocates privately, I don't know.

The villainous Humane Society of the United States is the animal rights org that has wrongfully stolen the good name of the local animal shelters to cover for their treacherous animal rights activism.


What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Kart29] #7457393
01/11/22 01:35 PM
01/11/22 01:35 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,474
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,474
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by Kart29
I don't think the local county Humane Societies are the same thing as the Humane Society of the U.S. that you are thinking of.

The local county humane society picks up stray pets, tries to find them homes, and euthanizes ones they can't rescue. They are not an animal rights organization per se, Their employees may or may not be animal rights advocates privately, I don't know.

The villainous Humane Society of the United States is the animal rights org that has wrongfully stolen the good name of the local animal shelters to cover for their treacherous animal rights activism.

YEP!

Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Larry Sills] #7457463
01/11/22 02:49 PM
01/11/22 02:49 PM
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 335
Iowa & Neb
Larry Sills Offline OP
trapper
Larry Sills  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 335
Iowa & Neb
wy.wolfer. - Do you know if they are they backed by the Humane Society of the USA? I do not know?

Last edited by Larry Sills; 01/11/22 02:49 PM.

Cracker Jack Trapper and Predator Enthusiast
Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Larry Sills] #7457656
01/11/22 06:15 PM
01/11/22 06:15 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 12,427
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 12,427
Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Larry Sills
wy.wolfer. - Do you know if they are they backed by the Humane Society of the USA? I do not know?


They are not.


~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Larry Sills] #7457694
01/11/22 07:08 PM
01/11/22 07:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 284
Louisiana
T
Tofan Offline
trapper
Tofan  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 284
Louisiana
Originally Posted by Larry Sills
This should be illegal, how does a non-profit get monies from the Paycheck Protection Program? Because they are a non-profit they pay limited or in some cases no taxes at all. Talk about double dipping the system.

(I performed a brief check on the internet and most humane societies across the nation also received these funds.)


SBA PPP loan data, payroll data, and salaries for Humane Society Of Scott County, IA
Nonprofit Organization
Humane Society Of Scott County
Entity: Non-profit Organization
Industry: Pet Care (except Veterinary) Services
Location: Davenport, IA

Tweet This Search All PPP Data
Humane Society Of Scott County is a non-profit organization located at 2802 W Central Park Ave in Davenport, Iowa that received a Coronavirus-related PPP loan from the SBA of $118,845.00 in February, 2021.

$ PPP Loan Information Loan #1604748507
Loan Size:$118,845
Jobs Retained: 26
Loan Approved: 2021-02-19
Loan Status:Paid in Full or Forgiven
Lender:Quad City Bank and Trust


A non-profit organization that doesn't pay taxes, does not mean it doesn't pay it's employees. This is literally one of the smaller size PPP loans, you would get sick to your stomach if you knew about the other JUMBO ones. They are just like a normal business except the non-profit reqs, supposed to equate to doing something charitable, nice or good for the community type of thing.

Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Larry Sills] #7457763
01/11/22 08:23 PM
01/11/22 08:23 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,501
Asheville, NC
C
charles Online content
trapper
charles  Online Content
trapper
C

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,501
Asheville, NC
The loan protected the paychecks of 26 employees who probably worked at very low wages. This is a drop in the bucket for the Payroll Protection Plan loans to very healthy companies. Why should these employees be exempt from the federal plan?

Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Larry Sills] #7457779
01/11/22 08:37 PM
01/11/22 08:37 PM
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,007
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,007
Iowa
I wish everyone would stop calling these freebies loans.

Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: trapdog1] #7457865
01/11/22 10:06 PM
01/11/22 10:06 PM
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 538
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Online content
trapper
Scott__aR  Online Content
trapper

Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 538
Wisconsin
Originally Posted by trapdog1
I wish everyone would stop calling these freebies loans.


Yup, not a loan. Call it what it was ... a free federal grant to business owners to keep taxpayers employed to continue paying taxes to fund the government.


Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: NON-Profit Humane Societies get free money [Re: Larry Sills] #7457965
01/11/22 11:34 PM
01/11/22 11:34 PM
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 251
CO
R
Ringneck1 Offline
trapper
Ringneck1  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 251
CO
Individual large farmers who participated in PPP made a killing. Most "loans" were forgiven.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread