No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Back surgery questions [Re: Team V] #7459108
01/13/22 01:28 AM
01/13/22 01:28 AM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
I am a veteran of 4 spinal surgeries.
Recovery is simple.
It will take the rest of your life.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: Back surgery questions [Re: jbyrd63] #7459149
01/13/22 05:16 AM
01/13/22 05:16 AM
N.E. Nebr
L
LDW Offline
trapper
LDW  Offline
trapper
L

N.E. Nebr
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by LDW
In May I had surgery fusing 15 vertebrate. Was my 6th surgery. I thought I was in good shape for my age, but that really knocked me down. Did 6 weeks of therapy, which helped but have realized that there are so some things I will never be able to do. Can't bend over to tie my shoes, which is really frustrating, or just picking up anything off of the floor. Most of the pain is gone, except up between my shoulder blades. I was able to run some traps. Getting down to make sets wasn't bad, it was getting back up. Bought one of those folding walkers and took wheels off. That worked pretty good

Best invention for those of us that cant bend. A grabber and a sock puller. Trick I use on tennis shoe is tie them just tight enough to be snug and use a shoe horn to slip them on and off after a few time they will slip on with out the shoe horn. . Hunting boots are a different matter. Used to have boots with rings for the strings now all brands use hooks for the top laces . makes it difficult to put them on with all the clothes on.

I have a grabber in about every room. Lol I do the same with a pair of shoes. Getting dressed is almost exhausting, the worst part of the day. I found a pair of nail clippers that are 15in long, only way that I could clip them. Just google long handle nail clippers. I haven't slept in a bed for 6 years, only in a recliner. Also agree with the idea of avoiding surgery if possible. Once you start just seems to lead to more. Just try to stay active and keep moving. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread