No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Setting CDR Beaver Traps Safely [Re: Computer Hater] #7459905
01/13/22 08:43 PM
01/13/22 08:43 PM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
I agree , I guess on that great pan feature, but I like the jawspread look of the CDR the way it is .

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: Setting CDR Beaver Traps Safely [Re: Computer Hater] #7459921
01/13/22 09:01 PM
01/13/22 09:01 PM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
I see no reason to make a CDR dogless. If you want dogless use one of the dogless traps. My experience has not been that CDRs necessarily hold beaver better than the others, they all seem to do that just fine for me. The pan setup is exactly why I prefer them.

Website www.mgnbd.com
Re: Setting CDR Beaver Traps Safely [Re: Computer Hater] #7459937
01/13/22 09:10 PM
01/13/22 09:10 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
The only reason to even consider a dogless anything is to do away with the dog. Dogs are vulnerable to damage and why I prefer dogless on coyote traps but I've never had a CDR dog damaged but they go down the rod so its all over quick. If I did I'm sure the dog could be beefed up from underneath.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread