No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: ShagMan] #7459775
01/13/22 06:02 PM
01/13/22 06:02 PM
The great cage state Colorado
M
Monster Toms Offline
trapper
Monster Toms  Offline
trapper
M

The great cage state Colorado

No, you are correct, I don't know about Colorado trapping regs, because I live and trap in the state of Louisiana. I also read the legislation because a link was posted, but are you suggesting there is some alterior motive to the legislation? The only "clue" I have about Colorado is all the complaining about democrats taking over the state and changing the laws and that Magpul left Colorado after the state banned high capacity magazines.

@Hoosier71

Is a person really hunting bobcat or are they shooting them at times of opportunity? Either way if the ability is there to trap them, I am going to go with trapping every single time. If there is no ability to trap, but ability to hunt, obviously I support keeping the hunting avenue open.

[/quote]

Yes we call and shoot bobcats here with frequency. Trapping is limited to cages. Colorado averages 1800-2000 cats harvested annually! Numbers have stayed consistent, so taking them seems to be doing their population good.

Colorado in a nutshell is one of the most regulated states, be it fishing, hunting or fur harvesting.

Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: Monster Toms] #7459828
01/13/22 07:24 PM
01/13/22 07:24 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by Monster Toms

No, you are correct, I don't know about Colorado trapping regs, because I live and trap in the state of Louisiana. I also read the legislation because a link was posted, but are you suggesting there is some alterior motive to the legislation? The only "clue" I have about Colorado is all the complaining about democrats taking over the state and changing the laws and that Magpul left Colorado after the state banned high capacity magazines.

@Hoosier71

Is a person really hunting bobcat or are they shooting them at times of opportunity? Either way if the ability is there to trap them, I am going to go with trapping every single time. If there is no ability to trap, but ability to hunt, obviously I support keeping the hunting avenue open.

Yes we call and shoot bobcats here with frequency. Trapping is limited to cages. Colorado averages 1800-2000 cats harvested annually! Numbers have stayed consistent, so taking them seems to be doing their population good.

Colorado in a nutshell is one of the most regulated states, be it fishing, hunting or fur harvesting.
[/quote]

Thanks for that information, I didn't know that you guys were that regulated. Those numbers are pretty small to be honest, we had an average of a little less than 6k here cats annually here the past year. Thats great to hear you call them in, I know some of us down here could use some of that magic. When did the cage thing happen? We were in Washington State for a little awhile, and the folks there always told me that cage trapping wasn't that bad, but my mind always thought about how tough it must be to set a bunch of traps because of the logistics of it. I have purchased some cages to try it down here though in places where maybe other traps wouldn't be a good look.

Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: ShagMan] #7459852
01/13/22 07:51 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
This coming to a state near you soon if we do not pay attention!!!!

Kenneth schoening
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: ShagMan] #7459853
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Plenty of weed though! That's not regulated. Oops, that elephant in the room....

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: ShagMan] #7462116
01/16/22 01:24 AM
01/16/22 01:24 AM
Western Colorado
C
coloradocat Offline
trapper
coloradocat  Offline
trapper
C

Western Colorado
Weed is highly regulated in Colorado. So much so, its starting its own black market again.

Never count the Colorado crew out of a good old science based arguement. Except this time its at the legislature level. This I know as fact, the person leading the charge is the best individual for the job. I would suspect he will eventually hold office as some level. He has that much political cloat. We know, they can lose as many times as it takes, we only have to lose once.

If we lose it, everyone will complain we should have done something different, if we win people will go straight back into there entitlement without even a thank you.

Sportsmen in general are more concerned about whats in it for them, and not looking at the big picture of what is common ground. The excuses normally go as follows for not wanting to participate. " Thats what I pay my dues for", "CPW has our best interest", "Id help, but man I have alot going on in my life", " I cant get off work that day". My response usually falls into this realm, well if you can physically help, could you help finacially? Lobbyists are not cheap, and we just hired a additional one, and probably need one more. So I ask, whats it worth to ya? If you are a Outfitter Lion hunter you are probably running them through at 20-25 a season. Too the tune of roughly 3k-6k per harvest. 100k in gross income should be worth something right? Your not gonna fight the battle, mainly just complain that its everyone elses problem. So whats it worth? 5 bucks? 20 bucks? a grand? ten grand? Id say the latter, ammortized over the course of the next few years its literally pennies on the dollar. Fail to help, its game over. This one is 4th quarter, 30 seconds left of the clock, and your down by 2. When the buzzer sounds, its over. No do overs, no instant replay, done as you know it today. Grow some nuts, get educated, be engaged, and be a part of solution. Stop blaming the world for YOUR problems. Men with nuts, engage on issues that may change there way of life. Dont be a Karen and watch from the sidelines, and if you do, dont point fingers when it doesnt go your way!

Colorado Search and Rescue- Interfering with natural selection since 1976
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: MattLA] #7462145
01/16/22 02:14 AM
01/16/22 02:14 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Tofan
This would be ok....if they let you trap them only. I wouldn't mind taking away the ability to hunt those as long as it was legal to trap that species. Is there some problem with population size of these species in colorado? I thought CO was very abundant with wildlife and used to be one of the grand trapping states of the old days.

Exactly what they want you to think. I’m a nice guy and appreciate wildlife! No… defend all outdoor sports or your kids won’t be hunting turkeys in 30 years. The leftist play the long game. Not picking on you but we have to be on offense

Last edited by Pawnee; 01/16/22 02:15 AM.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: coloradocat] #7462146
01/16/22 02:22 AM
01/16/22 02:22 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by coloradocat
Weed is highly regulated in Colorado. So much so, its starting its own black market again.

Never count the Colorado crew out of a good old science based arguement. Except this time its at the legislature level. This I know as fact, the person leading the charge is the best individual for the job. I would suspect he will eventually hold office as some level. He has that much political cloat. We know, they can lose as many times as it takes, we only have to lose once.

If we lose it, everyone will complain we should have done something different, if we win people will go straight back into there entitlement without even a thank you.

Sportsmen in general are more concerned about whats in it for them, and not looking at the big picture of what is common ground. The excuses normally go as follows for not wanting to participate. " Thats what I pay my dues for", "CPW has our best interest", "Id help, but man I have alot going on in my life", " I cant get off work that day". My response usually falls into this realm, well if you can physically help, could you help finacially? Lobbyists are not cheap, and we just hired a additional one, and probably need one more. So I ask, whats it worth to ya? If you are a Outfitter Lion hunter you are probably running them through at 20-25 a season. Too the tune of roughly 3k-6k per harvest. 100k in gross income should be worth something right? Your not gonna fight the battle, mainly just complain that its everyone elses problem. So whats it worth? 5 bucks? 20 bucks? a grand? ten grand? Id say the latter, ammortized over the course of the next few years its literally pennies on the dollar. Fail to help, its game over. This one is 4th quarter, 30 seconds left of the clock, and your down by 2. When the buzzer sounds, its over. No do overs, no instant replay, done as you know it today. Grow some nuts, get educated, be engaged, and be a part of solution. Stop blaming the world for YOUR problems. Men with nuts, engage on issues that may change there way of life. Dont be a Karen and watch from the sidelines, and if you do, dont point fingers when it doesnt go your way!

Perfect!!! Hope to see yin February

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: ShagMan] #7462591
01/16/22 02:55 PM
01/16/22 02:55 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Odie, aint that the truth.

Go get em boys

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: ShagMan] #7465830
01/19/22 12:09 PM
01/19/22 12:09 PM
San Luis Valley, Colorado
S
ShagMan Offline OP
trapper
ShagMan  Offline OP
trapper
S

San Luis Valley, Colorado
[Linked Image]

Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: ShagMan] #7465852
01/19/22 12:28 PM
01/19/22 12:28 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: tomahawker] #7465861
01/19/22 12:35 PM
01/19/22 12:35 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by tomahawker
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Just click on the faces on the side of the page when you go to the link . Looks like a bunch of lesbian democrats to me. Or some femine males ???

Get what you vote for. Just like the nation and poopy joe

If Ben Franklin came back today he’d say “what’s this I hear about women voting?”.

That one went over their heads. The theory is this was the beginning of the end.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: ShagMan] #7465900
01/19/22 01:08 PM
01/19/22 01:08 PM
Iowa
R
riverratdm Offline
trapper
riverratdm  Offline
trapper
R

Iowa
Have you seen the top pick for chairwoman of transportation try to psrk a car? None of these folks in charge have clue how to run what their over.

https://youtu.be/LAJYSq38OPk

Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: ShagMan] #7466008
01/19/22 03:49 PM
01/19/22 03:49 PM
Colorado
H
Hendricks Offline
trapper
Hendricks  Offline
trapper
H

Colorado
One of the responses I've received:

Hi Jack,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out about SB22-031 concerning the hunting of bobcats, lynx, and mountain lions in Colorado, which would greatly impact how our state approaches conservation and potentially increase dangerous interactions between people and big cats.

I believe that good science should lead the way on environmental management here in Colorado. In its current form, I'm not sure this bill fits with that idea. Before I can vote on it, however, it will have to pass out of the Senate Agriculture Committee, which I don't serve on. Should it come out of committee, I'll keep a very close eye on how the bill may change, and will keep your concerns in mind should it reach my desk.

Talk soon,
Jeff

--
Senator Jeff Bridges
Colorado Senate District 26

The Agriculture committee are listed here:
https://leg.colorado.gov/committees/agriculture-natural-resources/2021-regular-session

we should apply some direct emails to them.

Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: danny clifton] #7466064
01/19/22 04:53 PM
01/19/22 04:53 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by danny clifton
When I was a kid it was common and great fun to make fun of the Texans who showed up for elk then deer season. It was those Texans who got it turned into a combined season and made leasing hunting permission a reality.

Then people in CA started figuring out they could sell their home in the city , buy 20-30 acres and build a new house with money left over, in CO. They started voting too. First came zoning laws. They were being taken advantage of by unscrupulous builders. They wanted someone else to take of them the way they had been in west Covina or whatever. Freedom shreedom, too lazy to look out for their selves. Like cockroaches they kept creeping in till they were an infestation. Destroying the place they were moving too in the same fashion.

I fail to see how anyone can be surprised that the cockroaches want things to be exactly like they are on their home planet of California

Everything you said is right on according to an outfitter I've hunted elk with in CO. Those are almost his exact words.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: MattLA] #7466115
01/19/22 05:50 PM
01/19/22 05:50 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Tofan
This would be ok....if they let you trap them only. I wouldn't mind taking away the ability to hunt those as long as it was legal to trap that species.

That is just the kind of talk the Antis love to hear.

Last edited by upstateNY; 01/19/22 05:51 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: ShagMan] #7466142
01/19/22 06:15 PM
01/19/22 06:15 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Seems very clear to me , that anyone that votes democrat has lost all their brain cells !

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Unbelievable! Colorado AGAIN?? [Re: ShagMan] #7466214
01/19/22 07:22 PM
01/19/22 07:22 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I wonder if these floozies are aware of how much $ sportsmen bring to the state of Colorado......
Biggest elk herd in all 50 states.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread