I've bought many buffalo hides through the years from people just wanting to get rid of the hide after they find out how much it is to have them tanned, always gave them an offer of 100.00 and explained all I had to do to even send it in to tan, they always just left them with me.

I would hand flesh them clean then salt on racks over night, shake them loose and do it again, then start drying them over racks, would take me a week or so to get them dried up and folded small enough to ship to Moyles. They are not cheap to tan for sure, but the demand for fully furred hides is quite high, never lost on any of them I sold !

They always did a great job, and the hides were always nice because of being winter shot, I always made money on them for such little effort and time to expend on them, have given them away for gifts as well , throws on furniture and now saving up for a couple nice furred ones to make me a buff coat.

Yea they are work but just don't buy summer ranch ones and before you start fleshing take a high power hose to the fur side to clean the dirt and manure off, sure makes fleshing them go faster.

I always welcome any one wanting to sale me a winter hide, know I will always make money on them, for 50.00 dollars a winter hide I would be very busy with quite a few !!

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !