No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Dead or single beaver ? #7465485
01/19/22 12:08 AM
01/19/22 12:08 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Just looking at this small section does it look dead or like theirs just one beaver coming in occasionally. Was taking three or so days for any hole I bust to be some what patched. Snared one but had him pull the stake. So I completely pulled out for three weeks . And now it takes like a weekfor any kind of repair. Water keeps dropping the dam breaks are nice and loud . Swamps like 200yd from a creek. This is about the only real water for a good bit rest of it is just muck and knee deep mud ( gets worse but only too one time trying for me to not wanna go further).There another section that i haven't checked though. Reckon they might have just moved up there? Dosent seem to be alot of saplings and stuff they like down here . Don't see any activity really. Sould I tell the farmer to go ahead and blow a hole in this section? I've heard from control trappers down here that you can get a old pair in areas like this and they just kinda do half decent repairs every now and then but other then that their just not super active. Could that be it ?

Picture are
Looking back toward the dead end closest to the road with the deepest water
[Linked Image]
Looking deeper Into the swamp up the dam
[Linked Image]

Deeper into the same direction as picture two
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 01/19/22 12:10 AM.
Re: Dead or single beaver ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7465502
01/19/22 12:21 AM
01/19/22 12:21 AM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Online content
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Online Content
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
If the dam is being repaired, I'm guessing a beaver is doing it. grin A beaver wearing a snare may be very cautious.

Re: Dead or single beaver ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7465716
01/19/22 09:45 AM
01/19/22 09:45 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
I'd put in a few submerged sets in travel ways. No lure now though

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com