No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Medal of Honor Monday 2 #7480399
01/31/22 09:54 PM
01/31/22 09:54 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline OP
trapper
Pawnee  Offline OP
trapper

Kansas
This guy was a absolute stud! Tell your kids or grandkids about him! Just to recap last week was the first Medal of Honor Monday on Tman. I stole the idea from Jesse Kelly he does this ever Monday on his radio show. Hat tip Congressional Medal of Honor Society.

JOE RONNIE HOOPER

CITATION
For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. S/Sgt. (then Sgt.) Hooper, U.S. Army, distinguished himself while serving as squad leader with Company D. Company D was assaulting a heavily defended enemy position along a river bank when it encountered a withering hail of fire from rockets, machine guns, and automatic weapons. S/Sgt. Hooper rallied several men and stormed across the river, overrunning several bunkers on the opposite shore. Thus inspired, the rest of the company moved to the attack. With utter disregard for his own safety, he moved out under the intense fire again and pulled back the wounded, moving them to safety. During this act S/Sgt. Hooper was seriously wounded, but he refused medical aid and returned to his men. With the relentless enemy fire disrupting the attack, he single-handedly stormed three enemy bunkers, destroying them with hand grenades and rifle fire, and shot two enemy soldiers who had attacked and wounded the chaplain. Leading his men forward in a sweep of the area, S/Sgt. Hooper destroyed three buildings housing enemy riflemen. At this point he was attacked by a North Vietnamese officer whom he fatally wounded with his bayonet. Finding his men under heavy fire from a house to the front, he proceeded alone to the building, killing its occupants with rifle fire and grenades. By now his initial body wound had been compounded by grenade fragments, yet despite the multiple wounds and loss of blood, he continued to lead his men against the intense enemy fire. As his squad reached the final line of enemy resistance, it received devastating fire from four bunkers in line on its left flank. S/Sgt. Hooper gathered several hand grenades and raced down a small trench which ran the length of the bunker line, tossing grenades into each bunker as he passed by, killing all but two of the occupants. With these positions destroyed, he concentrated on the last bunkers facing his men, destroying the first with an incendiary grenade and neutralizing two more by rifle fire. He then raced across an open field, still under enemy fire, to rescue a wounded man who was trapped in a trench. Upon reaching the man, he was faced by an armed enemy soldier whom he killed with a pistol. Moving his comrade to safety and returning to his men, he neutralized the final pocket of enemy resistance by fatally wounding three North Vietnamese officers with rifle fire. S/Sgt. Hooper then established a final line and reorganized his men, not accepting treatment until this was accomplished and not consenting to evacuation until the following morning. His supreme valor, inspiring leadership, and heroic self-sacrifice were directly responsible for the company's success and provided a lasting example in personal courage for every man on the field. S/Sgt. Hooper's actions were in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit upon himself and the U.S. Army.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Medal of Honor Monday 2 [Re: Pawnee] #7480438
01/31/22 10:15 PM
01/31/22 10:15 PM
Indiana
J
Jacob W Offline
trapper
Jacob W  Offline
trapper
J

Indiana
great post I know another medal of honor story that I can send to you if you want it.

FTA member
Re: Medal of Honor Monday 2 [Re: Jacob W] #7480470
01/31/22 10:33 PM
01/31/22 10:33 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline OP
trapper
Pawnee  Offline OP
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Jacob W
great post I know another medal of honor story that I can send to you if you want it.

PM me and we will do it next Monday. Thanks

Re: Medal of Honor Monday 2 [Re: Pawnee] #7480497
01/31/22 10:56 PM
01/31/22 10:56 PM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
Great idea and great story!

I hope this is ok. It is a story about an unknown soldier.

One day I was at Court and after a hearing, stopped by to see a Judge friend.

In the lobby was a very noticeable guy waiting for a hearing.
When the case was called, he went in unrepresented by a lawyer.
The guy really interested me so I went in and watched from the gallery since the judge and I were good friends.
The lawyer represented the mother - ex-wife. The lawyer had filed an action asking that father be held in contempt of the court’s order. He had returned their son one hour late every other weekend three times. He provided specific details.

The judge told the Father that he could possibly be found in contempt and sent to jail. He should have a lawyer. Father said no thank you, Sir. The judge asked the Father what he had to say for himself. He said Sir, and he openly admitted that he was late, but not because he was irresponsible. He said that he loves his son and getting to see him every other weekend was to difficult so he took an extra hour. Then he brought out a wooden box and opened it. It contained his Medal of Honor. He told the judge that he is a Marine, the date of service, and date of award. He told the judge that if the men all the way up to the President thought he was a good and responsible guy, then he did not need anyone telling him that he was wrong for one extra hour with his son. He put away the medal, saluted the judge and confidently walked out.

The judge was quiet for a few moments then told the woman that effective immediately she would allow liberal visitation because the boy should be raised with his father in his life constantly. He said the contempt charge was dismissed. He told the mother that he better never see her in his courtroom again.

After everyone left, the judge told me with tears in his eyes that the father reminded him of so many of the Marines he served with in the Pacific in WWII - specifically a couple who never came home.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: Medal of Honor Monday 2 [Re: Pawnee] #7480504
01/31/22 11:03 PM
01/31/22 11:03 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline OP
trapper
Pawnee  Offline OP
trapper

Kansas
Thanks Willy that was a great story

Re: Medal of Honor Monday 2 [Re: Pawnee] #7480556
02/01/22 12:02 AM
02/01/22 12:02 AM
S/W Wisconsin
rpmartin Offline
trapper
rpmartin  Offline
trapper

S/W Wisconsin
Wow, reading those kinds of stories is what keeps me thinking that maybe we have a chance.

Life member,
NRA, NTA, RMEF, Pheasants Forever.
WTA,TTA,FTA,SA,GOA, member

Re: Medal of Honor Monday 2 [Re: Pawnee] #7480557
02/01/22 12:08 AM
02/01/22 12:08 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Keep up the good work, Brad. I tremendously enjoy your medal of honor Monday story's. Thank you!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Medal of Honor Monday 2 [Re: Pawnee] #7480562
02/01/22 12:18 AM
02/01/22 12:18 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
We are not nearly thankful enough for the sacrifices these folks made for us.

At one time, Netflix had a series called Medal of Honor. If it's still on there it's worth watching. Some of the things those men did is beyond comprehension.

Mike

Edit to add: Medal of Honor is still on Netflix.

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Medal of Honor Monday 2 [Re: Pawnee] #7480581
02/01/22 12:43 AM
02/01/22 12:43 AM
tn
L
lestan101 Offline
trapper
lestan101  Offline
trapper
L

tn
I re-watched the, John Chapman-first Medal Of Honor ever recorded, again last night. He was awarded two MOH in one night. He was an Air Force combat controller. That might make a good monday tribute.

Re: Medal of Honor Monday 2 [Re: Pawnee] #7480649
02/01/22 06:57 AM
02/01/22 06:57 AM
NC
G
garyll1959 Offline
trapper
garyll1959  Offline
trapper
G

NC
Had the honor of serving with a MOH recipient, Lt. Col. Wesley Fox, USMC. He was our battalion C.O. at 1st. Battalion, 6th Marines. A true Marine and Patriot.

Re: Medal of Honor Monday 2 [Re: Pawnee] #7480663
02/01/22 07:28 AM
02/01/22 07:28 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
what a great read thanks for posting

Re: Medal of Honor Monday 2 [Re: Pawnee] #7480691
02/01/22 08:09 AM
02/01/22 08:09 AM
SE Kansas
L
Len Dunham Offline
trapper
Len Dunham  Offline
trapper
L

SE Kansas
This is a great post like to see it every Monday.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread