No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hoot, Hoot [Re: Providence Farm] #7482388
02/02/22 02:53 PM
02/02/22 02:53 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I "know" a guy that picked up a bard owl with broken wing and rehabed it. When he released it decided to live in His woods out back. It called in a mate and they have nested there every year since. One year there was a young one feathered but still with soft feathers on its body dead in the drive. I think it crashed into the tree there learning how to fly. His plan was to take it to a rehaber like he did with another owl that had a broken leg and a hawk that had a broken wing. But he set the wing and got busy several days passed. Days turned to weeks weeks to months. When it could fly fed feed it all it would eat for 3 days and opened the door.

The kids would go out and hoot back and forth with it. Its been 8 years or so since it was released

Pretty good rehaber than can rehab a dead owl. grin

Last edited by upstateNY; 02/02/22 02:53 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Hoot, Hoot [Re: bblwi] #7483077
02/03/22 02:40 AM
02/03/22 02:40 AM
New York
Camohoyt340 Offline
trapper
Camohoyt340  Offline
trapper

New York
Around here, if you hoot back at them, you can sometimes get them to come to you. A few times I’ve got them to land in the tree right above my head.

Re: Hoot, Hoot [Re: bblwi] #7483213
02/03/22 09:21 AM
02/03/22 09:21 AM
Williamsport, Pa.
J
jk Offline
trapper
jk  Offline
trapper
J

Williamsport, Pa.
especially the screech owls, they are easy to call in.......jk

Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free. What's supposed to be ain't always is. Hopper Hunter
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread