No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Just Learned Our Sheriff #7488905
02/08/22 08:31 AM
02/08/22 08:31 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

Is going to testify in our state legislature regarding a bill addressing ghost guns.

He probably could use some prayer.

-Goofy-
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7488921
02/08/22 08:41 AM
02/08/22 08:41 AM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
For or against?

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7488928
02/08/22 08:48 AM
02/08/22 08:48 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
"Chippendale Trapper"

He favors the citizens‘ right to build a weapon to protect themselves.

-Goofy-
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7488935
02/08/22 08:50 AM
02/08/22 08:50 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
If the supremes would do their job, and reiterate "shall not be infringed", you could buy a gun at the local bait store by just handing over the cash again.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: danny clifton] #7488949
02/08/22 08:59 AM
02/08/22 08:59 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by danny clifton
If the supremes would do their job, and reiterate "shall not be infringed", you could buy a gun at the local bait store by just handing over the cash again.

His opinion is that not everybody can afford to purchase a gun, your right own one includes building one yourself.

-Goofy-
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7488959
02/08/22 09:06 AM
02/08/22 09:06 AM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
Prayers sent

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7488971
02/08/22 09:19 AM
02/08/22 09:19 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
He favors the citizens‘ right to build a weapon to protect themselves.

Good

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7489112
02/08/22 11:42 AM
02/08/22 11:42 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
one of the bills here proposed it be a felony for merely having or sharing the information , plans to build "untraceable ghost guns"

that is the most un American thing I have ever heard , simply drawing a sketch on a paper and never building it could be a felony , that is when you know what they are up to is NO good and not for safety.

Ideas should never be illegal !

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7489134
02/08/22 12:07 PM
02/08/22 12:07 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
The ads I see for 80% lower kits are more expensive than just buying a stripped lower. Don't seem less expensive.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: martentrapper] #7489148
02/08/22 12:27 PM
02/08/22 12:27 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by martentrapper
The ads I see for 80% lower kits are more expensive than just buying a stripped lower. Don't seem less expensive.

there had been some sales on them in the past when demand was low , if you paid yourself basically anything for your time and didn't have 10 of them to amortize the tooling over it was a lot more expensive

however it is a great education

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: martentrapper] #7489172
02/08/22 12:49 PM
02/08/22 12:49 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by martentrapper

Not everyone buys kits. Restrictions like this go way beyond that. Have know how and access to a shop and you can make anything.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7489182
02/08/22 01:01 PM
02/08/22 01:01 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
You guys are still going to be able to build your own firearm, there just will be a serial number and record of who purchased it. Not any different from buying a gun from the local firearms store.

They could get this info now from the 80% manufacturers, just no serial number on it.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: MattLA] #7489189
02/08/22 01:11 PM
02/08/22 01:11 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Tofan
You guys are still going to be able to build your own firearm, there just will be a serial number and record of who purchased it. Not any different from buying a gun from the local firearms store.

They could get this info now from the 80% manufacturers, just no serial number on it.

You can't make guns to sell if you don't have a manufacturing license/sot. If you have that you would only sell through license dealers and they would be stamped with a # and background check Done at the time of sale.

There would still not be a record of a private party sale if you stamped a # on them. It's about controle and restrictions on your rights nothing more.

If you make them for your self ther is also no record so not like buying a gun from a shop.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 02/08/22 01:14 PM.
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7489224
02/08/22 01:43 PM
02/08/22 01:43 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
You are correct Providence Farm, this thread wasn't about building firearms to sell though. There is already a very easy process to go through to accomplish just that, and in my opinion it's very reasonable. The FFL process is there for multiple reasons, and for me personally it's ensure that a firearm that somebody buys is put together correctly and if not there is somebody to hold accountable. Building most guns isn't like legos like a M4, building them is an art and takes an immense amount of practice, experience and know how to correctly function in a safe manner.

You can say that it's about control and restrictions, but it's no surprise that shootings with home built firearms are up. They still don't touch the massive amount of pistol deaths in the country which unfortunately gets ignored all too well because of the very thing that's occurring now, media propaganda. At the end of the day no matter the outcome of the proposed action, ordinary citizens such as yourselves will still be able to build firearms at home. There is not much the ATF or any other executive branch organization can do when congress enacted a law that specifically has the exemption fore home building of firearms for personal use.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7489227
02/08/22 01:46 PM
02/08/22 01:46 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Tofan are you from China or something? or just a communist plant trying to get people upset?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7489233
02/08/22 01:51 PM
02/08/22 01:51 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
they are using media to distort this way out of proportion up 100% selling fear before people catch on

you realize when you had zero and now you have 1 it is up 100%

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: MattLA] #7489246
02/08/22 02:06 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
You are correct Providence Farm, this thread wasn't about building firearms to sell though. There is already a very easy process to go through to accomplish just that, and in my opinion it's very reasonable. The FFL process is there for multiple reasons, and for me personally it's ensure that a firearm that somebody buys is put together correctly and if not there is somebody to hold accountable. Building most guns isn't like legos like a M4, building them is an art and takes an immense amount of practice, experience and know how to correctly function in a safe manner.

You can say that it's about control and restrictions, but it's no surprise that shootings with home built firearms are up. They still don't touch the massive amount of pistol deaths in the country which unfortunately gets ignored all too well because of the very thing that's occurring now, media propaganda. At the end of the day no matter the outcome of the proposed action, ordinary citizens such as yourselves will still be able to build firearms at home. There is not much the ATF or any other executive branch organization can do when congress enacted a law that specifically has the exemption fore home building of firearms for personal use.

What shootings with home built firearms. Never heard of one. If there was one, I guess that would be way up from zero.

But, that doesn't even matter. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That was written into the constitution to protect us from right now when the government believes they have a justified reason to infringe, a reason like home built firearms shootings are way up.

Last edited by maintenanceguy; 02/08/22 02:06 PM.

-Ryan
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7489247
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Well they are a thing ya know

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
grin

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: MattLA] #7489250
02/08/22 02:09 PM
02/08/22 02:09 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

With added restriction. If there is no requirement to number and report that number a change would do nothing. If I have to let them know I made something and the # I put on It that's a restriction. Engraving on form 1 items is an added pain it the butt.

I prefer free market economics. Meaning if a product is made poorly they will not be in business long. Anyone can be sued for anything. The following process dose not protect you from a single thing. Well I guess if you "need" to have government involvement in your life it can fill that roll.

Knowing where a gun came from after the fact never stopped a crime.

I don't care I'd a gun used in a murder was made at colt or in someone's living room. If it was bought giftedness stolen. The victim is dead still and not a single new law or total ban would have saved them. Criminals dot follow laws.

Some people like restrictions. I'm not one. Shall not be infringed is simple and direct.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff [Re: Providence Farm] #7489301
02/08/22 03:12 PM
02/08/22 03:12 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

With added restriction. If there is no requirement to number and report that number a change would do nothing. If I have to let them know I made something and the # I put on It that's a restriction. Engraving on form 1 items is an added pain it the butt.

I prefer free market economics. Meaning if a product is made poorly they will not be in business long. Anyone can be sued for anything. The following process dose not protect you from a single thing. Well I guess if you "need" to have government involvement in your life it can fill that roll.

Knowing where a gun came from after the fact never stopped a crime.

I don't care I'd a gun used in a murder was made at colt or in someone's living room. If it was bought giftedness stolen. The victim is dead still and not a single new law or total ban would have saved them. Criminals dot follow laws.

Some people like restrictions. I'm not one. Shall not be infringed is simple and direct.

@ Providence Farm The entire point is to not prevent crimes, it's to be able to understand how and where it's happening. I agree with you that criminals do not follow laws, but this would prevent criminals from having this avenue of purchasing kits that are easily assembled at home with just a drill. If you are of the opinion that violent felons should still be able to own firearms, then I understand your opinion completely, we will agree to disagree on that principle. Restrictions come into play when the users do not hold each other accountable for things that affect the entire community.

@MaintenanceGuy Did you try to find any through searching? It's not groundbreaking that home built guns have been on the rise for the last several years, although I am going make the point that they are nowhere close to the amount of pistol deaths in the USA.

@Danny Are you a democrat that wants to censor me for my opinions?

@Scuba1 Very nice lower, I have an AR10 I still need to build along with a few AK74s.

One of many, I don't really need to post all of them.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...ve-led-to-bust-of-gang-making-ghost-guns

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread