No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 45 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 44 45
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7497766
02/15/22 10:41 PM
02/15/22 10:41 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Who called this one coming when the Patriot Act was passed post 9/11?

[Linked Image]
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: rvsask] #7497769
02/15/22 10:42 PM
02/15/22 10:42 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by rvsask

I have reservations of it being used but I think any peaceful , law abiding person has nothing to fear,.........................

You're probably right. Dutifully comply with all government mandates and orders, and do not resist or peacefully protest against your all powerful government and you should be just fine.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: walleye101] #7497800
02/15/22 11:06 PM
02/15/22 11:06 PM
Alberta
N
Norwestalta Offline
trapper
Norwestalta  Offline
trapper
N

Alberta
Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by rvsask

I have reservations of it being used but I think any peaceful , law abiding person has nothing to fear,.........................

You're probably right. Dutifully comply with all government mandates and orders, and do not resist or peacefully protest against your all powerful government and you should be just fine.

Hmmm. Did this not happen once before? It turned out really bad for a specific group of people. Something our forefathers fought against so it would never happen again.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7497812
02/15/22 11:14 PM
02/15/22 11:14 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
These truckers, are terrorists, do not support them! At least that's what the Nazinadian gov't says.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: coyote 1] #7497814
02/15/22 11:15 PM
02/15/22 11:15 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by coyote 1
No need to explain why you go to curling. I thought you must have skipped one event or another on your list to have time to post. I don't doubt you have great hunting opportunities up there. I hunted caribou in Quebec in the late 90's, it was a great experience. I won't ever visit Canada again because I won't get the jab to do so.

I don't have anything against you personally or your country. The problem is people with your attitude and it's a problem here also. You should support your fellow country men/women against a tyrannical government and ridiculous restrictions. We need to do the same here. At this point fence sitting isn't helping to change a thing.

I think we are sending a bad message to our children. We should be teaching them to stand together instead of bickering amongst ourselves. They also need to stand up for themselves. If most of the people would stand together we could change a lot. As long as we remain divided nothing will change.

My turn to stir this pot, I had to take a break from the beat down I got a week ago.

It has nothing to do with supporting your fellow citizens, but logical, reasonable communication that can convince the opposing side to at least see the merit, logic or reasoning for the actions. Fence sitting is the only reason why we have any shred of civility left in our country, if it wasn't for that, we would have had us in a bad way already. So many of you want to smash on the Canucks who don't support the Freedom Convey, but did you go out and support BLM? What about the LGBQT parades? Did you stand with the Westboro Baptist Church when they were protesting against dead US Soldiers in the name of God? Did you stand with your fellow citizen through any of these things or bring up the reasons why they were wrong to protest?

There used to be a time where people would come together because of their agreements, and not focus on the disagreements. The only bad message to our children is to refuse to hear out the opposing thoughts in a respectful manner, and ask questions as to why they think that way. At the end of the day, it is what it is, more than likely there is more in common than not, but we have lost that ability. Doug Ford and Trudeau though should be ashamed of themselves for not only labeling the protestors as those things, but failing to take the requisite time to listen to their concerns and have a real conversation about them. Unbelievable that the Canadian Government has an act that they can invoke to "essentially" turn off the Charter of Rights, you better believe when the government has the ability to make a choice over freedom sooner or later they will make the wrong choice. Just saying.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7497833
02/15/22 11:29 PM
02/15/22 11:29 PM
Oregon
SpottedOwl Offline
trapper
SpottedOwl  Offline
trapper

Oregon

If you can’t beat’em, strong arm them into submission and “compel" them. Or seizure of their finances sounds like all kinds of freedom in Canada now days.

Wonder if rvsask and his non-caring(indifferent and apathetic) big time rancher buddies will start to worry when his chosen leader chooses to no longer allow elections. Or if they will care when they have to jump through government mandates before they can sell their beef. Perhaps if the new supreme leader ends curling, that last one should pull them up to the front lines.

Some scary stuff.

Owl

Spend time with your kids while THEY still have time

Your life is an occasion ..... Rise to it
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7497872
02/16/22 12:18 AM
02/16/22 12:18 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Jesse Waters suggested Americans might need to liberate Canada. Make it another state of the US.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: yukonjeff] #7497879
02/16/22 12:27 AM
02/16/22 12:27 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Jesse Waters suggested Americans might need to liberate Canada. Make it another state of the US.

Under this admin it might be a hiccup, but otherwise no sweat! Too bad there's nothing up there we want, other than Boco's knowledge of fur handling!

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7497905
02/16/22 01:03 AM
02/16/22 01:03 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Give them a crash course in how to write up and enact a proper constitution without loopholes that allow a five year with a megalomania complex from becoming a tyrant. Or is that a tranny.

But I got faith our northern neighbors will fix that after this is over.

[Linked Image]
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7497924
02/16/22 02:01 AM
02/16/22 02:01 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Neil Young wrote a song about your government shooting protesters in Ohio.
Your government is still doing it. That protester shot at your capitol sent the big tough freedom fighters running-but they couldnt hide.they got tracked down by your Nazi govt and prosecuted and jailed.

Nothing like that happens here.
We dont get shot by our government like you do.

Last edited by Boco; 02/16/22 02:03 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: Boco] #7497937
02/16/22 03:21 AM
02/16/22 03:21 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by Boco

Niel Who ?

Your government is still doing it. That protester shot at your capitol sent the big tough freedom fighters running-but they couldnt hide.they got tracked down by your Nazi govt and prosecuted and jailed.

No one knew of the protester being shot at the time (and good thing) They "didn't run" Trump sent them home so as not to destroy the country. We thought the supreme court would save the election that was stolen. We still have our second amendment when all else fails,but that wont happen until things get pretty bad. Our elections this fall will turn the tide. We will have poll watchers.

"We dont get shot by our government like you do".

Dont bet on it. Looks like push came to shove. The truckers hopefully have a plan for the tyranny that's at the door.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: MattLA] #7497948
02/16/22 04:26 AM
02/16/22 04:26 AM
michigan
C
coyote 1 Offline
trapper
coyote 1  Offline
trapper
C

michigan
Originally Posted by Tofan
Originally Posted by coyote 1
No need to explain why you go to curling. I thought you must have skipped one event or another on your list to have time to post. I don't doubt you have great hunting opportunities up there. I hunted caribou in Quebec in the late 90's, it was a great experience. I won't ever visit Canada again because I won't get the jab to do so.

I don't have anything against you personally or your country. The problem is people with your attitude and it's a problem here also. You should support your fellow country men/women against a tyrannical government and ridiculous restrictions. We need to do the same here. At this point fence sitting isn't helping to change a thing.

I think we are sending a bad message to our children. We should be teaching them to stand together instead of bickering amongst ourselves. They also need to stand up for themselves. If most of the people would stand together we could change a lot. As long as we remain divided nothing will change.

My turn to stir this pot, I had to take a break from the beat down I got a week ago.

It has nothing to do with supporting your fellow citizens, but logical, reasonable communication that can convince the opposing side to at least see the merit, logic or reasoning for the actions. Fence sitting is the only reason why we have any shred of civility left in our country, if it wasn't for that, we would have had us in a bad way already. So many of you want to smash on the Canucks who don't support the Freedom Convey, but did you go out and support BLM? What about the LGBQT parades? Did you stand with the Westboro Baptist Church when they were protesting against dead US Soldiers in the name of God? Did you stand with your fellow citizen through any of these things or bring up the reasons why they were wrong to protest?

There used to be a time where people would come together because of their agreements, and not focus on the disagreements. The only bad message to our children is to refuse to hear out the opposing thoughts in a respectful manner, and ask questions as to why they think that way. At the end of the day, it is what it is, more than likely there is more in common than not, but we have lost that ability. Doug Ford and Trudeau though should be ashamed of themselves for not only labeling the protestors as those things, but failing to take the requisite time to listen to their concerns and have a real conversation about them. Unbelievable that the Canadian Government has an act that they can invoke to "essentially" turn off the Charter of Rights, you better believe when the government has the ability to make a choice over freedom sooner or later they will make the wrong choice. Just saying.

I can see why you needed a break.

I'm in the camp that things are too far gone here and in Canada to be fixed with any amount of civility. When the government threatens peaceful people with jackboot thugs is that civil? The real shame is the jackboots would shoot at their fellow man at the order of a few elite turds. Of course I didn't support blm or lbgtz or whatever it is, those are two groups that are part of the moral compass gone off coarse in this country. I can't and won't stand for that nonsense. While I don't agree with our service members dying over oil and politics, they did join the service. Imo the church group can't complain about those people's choice to join the service.

There are some opposing thoughts we should not be teaching our children to accept. Your blm and l-z are two good examples of this. In no way is burning cities, looting stores and attacking women and children a view that should be accepted or heard at all. They should also not be taught to except being gay or changing gender is ok. If people want to do that so be it, that doesn't mean everyone else should promote it. The whole point is the government shouldn't have the power to make the decisions on freedom over individuals.

United we stand,divided we fall.
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: Boco] #7497966
02/16/22 05:48 AM
02/16/22 05:48 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan

As long as Canadians bow down and submit to the Dictators wishes, I don't think they'll shoot you. Right now we don't have the president to help you. But in the future we may. You're not as free as you used to be!!

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7497968
02/16/22 06:23 AM
02/16/22 06:23 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Well the greatest Book ever written says it does get a whole lot worse before it gets better and we're probably not at the whole lot worse quite yet. It may seem like it some days in the grind of human logic which may tell someone "this is it." But human history has always had a flow to it. Unless you're a godless annihilist who figures this is all there is and I better get mine, anyway I can, while I can.
Oh wait, that has become our people.
Get mine any way I can cause this is all there is. Fair is fair and I'm judge, jury, and executioner now.
Who do I answer to when I get all that I can grab?
Modern thinking in our lands now says, I answer to no one but me.
Some say, "I'm doing it for my family." Has a nice ring to it.

Why would a culture even maintain morality if this is all there is and each person sets their own standards?
Solomon was right, eat, drink, and be merry all y'all.
Sing it in your songs.
Curse it from our lips.
Teach it to our children.
And then blame the other people when all crap breaks loose around you.
It can't begin in my heart because well I see all the crap the other people are doing so much easier than I look in a mirror.
And our people are looking in their mirrors and with a another shot of botox liking what they see.

We now live in a time whereby the culture sells the fact that the way to pleasure in this life is sex, and more sex, however that looks good to you, no man and woman covenant responsibilities because Lordy those are outdated, F bombing your way to the top of the hill, and cheating as the way to succeed. If your kids don't feel motivated to grab it all, and get the heavy work done, then let the lesser people flood your national border cause you can have them as your underclass and still live high.

Meanwhile, a remnant remains and quietly goes about their work. It's not a political party. It's not a color of people. It's not an education of people. It's a changed heart of a people and you can't get to it by yourself, no matter how smart you are or how hard you bust your tail.
It's called érek áppihym in Hebrew - slow to anger.
It is a character of God (Exod 34:6) but it is not a natural human nature because of a scene in the 1st garden.
It's by faith in God that we can find it by being united to the same power which rose a man from the grave. The only man in human history to do so. Power beyond human concept.
Absolute unequivocal hooey to those who are perishing says God's Word.
Absolute living water to those who are living.

Our culture is hard to watch these days y'all and we pray for the liberties of individuals seeking them. It's good that they attempt.
But the flesh, the world, and Satan ALL oppose anger management so it's an impossible hill to conquer by yourself.
Evil is real. Yep, our mission is to fight against it but teach your children well while you're doing it.

Seems the way many want to take the hill has Wormwood telling his nephew.... "We got the enemy's (God) people right where we want 'em again son! Go get us another 24-pack to celebrate. Oh and send in some more drugs, the people are gonna need 'em. Our slaves think it helps them cope.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7497981
02/16/22 06:52 AM
02/16/22 06:52 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa

I opened the last page of this thread and see this stupidity. I keep forgetting how perfect Canabda and its government is.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7497997
02/16/22 07:27 AM
02/16/22 07:27 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
I suggest to Americans and Canadians to pick apart and debate, piece by piece the Tucker Carlson video posted above. I challenge it....Many interesting points given. Maybe a few are a bit extreme maybe not. CBC, is that government owned or managed? Media's alliance with government can never ever be good. And Jesse Waters is 110% correct we're stuck in the middle. America has plenty of our fingers pointing right back towards ourselves right now, we're very far from perfect. If we cannot help Canada or Mexico, we better darn sure help ourselves. I think we're not too far behind them really. We may end up a combination of the two....

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7498004
02/16/22 07:35 AM
02/16/22 07:35 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Canada, seven day total shutdown starting Feb. 21?? Is this the next step for protestors? Just started hearing of this??

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7498011
02/16/22 07:44 AM
02/16/22 07:44 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Canada, seven day total shutdown starting Feb. 21?? Is this the next step for protestors? Just started hearing of this??

Is Canada a debtor nation like the USA?

When someone owes their soul to the company store, it's difficult to take time off.
The store owner says jump and the debtor says how high?

We do realize why programs like student loans for example were brought into the store called government, right?
So that an entire generation sold the fact that college is king could load up on big time debt and then those with student loan debt would be brought to heal and told to vote according to who dangles the best carrot. Tens of Millions of debtors of all ages dancing to the gubmint's fiddle tunes.

Tennessee Ernie Ford had a wonderful song about this back in the "olden days."

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: trapdog1] #7498015
02/16/22 07:50 AM
02/16/22 07:50 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by trapdog1

I opened the last page of this thread and see this stupidity. I keep forgetting how perfect Canabda and its government is.

Full moon last night.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7498035
02/16/22 08:16 AM
02/16/22 08:16 AM
PA Venango Co.
R
Ron Marsh Offline
trapper
Ron Marsh  Offline
trapper
R

PA Venango Co.
Continued prayers for our leaders that they see and do right.

PTA Lifetime #131N. Salvation Army CSM
Stakes: Why leave them?
ALWAYS John 3:16 814-516-2923
Page 24 of 45 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 44 45
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread