No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed #7500417
02/18/22 10:47 AM
02/18/22 10:47 AM
Perry, NY
D
Dana I Offline OP
trapper
Dana I  Offline OP
trapper
D

Perry, NY
Or I just don't understand people these days.

I was on a woodworking fb group this morning (I know I know, that was problem number one). Anyway a guy made a post specifically to complain about members with lots of experience. Saying isn't this a beginners page. I gave in and commented basically asking if he really wanted advice or if he only wanted his ego stroked beginners. I wasn't super mean about it but I also didn't tip toe around his feelings.

Man alive I drew some hate and was called a name or two. Why are people so thin skinned these days?

Now to be fair, I have seen this happen here as well, but not nearly as much. A lot of valuable knowledge gets chased off by newcomers who don't want to hear the truth or think that there is only one way to do things.

Re: I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed [Re: Dana I] #7500421
02/18/22 10:53 AM
02/18/22 10:53 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Wants beginners giving advice to other beginners. Brilliant.

Re: I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed [Re: Dana I] #7500442
02/18/22 11:30 AM
02/18/22 11:30 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I played racket ball years ago my thought was play with people better the me to learn things and play with people at my level to try new things a win win. This guy thinks he’s a advanced beginner and the pros are stealing his thunder is all, never worry about what people say just see what they are doing that tell the real story.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed [Re: Dana I] #7500470
02/18/22 12:03 PM
Oregon
SpottedOwl Offline
trapper
SpottedOwl  Offline
trapper

Oregon
The kids of the trophy era are becoming adults and “leaders” now. Hang on it’ll get better with employers handing out trophies now too.

[Linked Image]

Owl

Spend time with your kids while THEY still have time

Your life is an occasion ..... Rise to it
Re: I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed [Re: Dana I] #7500471
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Dana ,, you think this places does this occasionally, lol you should have been here for the beginning, there were people here that complained about peoples name tags, questions and they way they presented them, most were people having been in the fields many years as well. You had to have a skin of armor to visit and make a question most times.

Nothing asked was worth answering by them as well, if you did not have a question that was worth asking , did not matter if it was direct to them or not, they pounced on you like a lioness feeding her kittens.

Not near anything like that now, most tried to go off on other forums of their own kind, couple still going but with just a few people as no new people get to be there for the same reasons very long, LOL

They completely miss the point of open forum chat, kinda like here when people mistake Trapper talk for just learning trapping instead of visit the just trapping forum here, once they find and visit that forum most are happy there !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed [Re: SpottedOwl] #7500482
02/18/22 12:13 PM
02/18/22 12:13 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Dana I
Or I just don't understand people these days.

I was on a woodworking fb group this morning (I know I know, that was problem number one). Anyway a guy made a post specifically to complain about members with lots of experience. Saying isn't this a beginners page. I gave in and commented basically asking if he really wanted advice or if he only wanted his ego stroked beginners. I wasn't super mean about it but I also didn't tip toe around his feelings.

Man alive I drew some hate and was called a name or two. Why are people so thin skinned these days?

Now to be fair, I have seen this happen here as well, but not nearly as much. A lot of valuable knowledge gets chased off by newcomers who don't want to hear the truth or think that there is only one way to do things.

Originally Posted by SpottedOwl
The kids of the trophy era are becoming adults and “leaders” now. Hang on it’ll get better with employers handing out trophies now too.

[Linked Image]

Owl

Time outs.

-Goofy-
Re: I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed [Re: Dana I] #7500493
02/18/22 12:26 PM
02/18/22 12:26 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
everyone has an agenda and they hate it when your advice doesn't fit their agenda.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed [Re: Dana I] #7500510
02/18/22 12:49 PM
02/18/22 12:49 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
It doesn't make any sense. But you just can't fix stupid.

Nevada bound
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread