No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Department of Agriculture [Re: Jiggamitch] #7502065
02/19/22 08:29 PM
02/19/22 08:29 PM
Pottsboro TX Grayson county
J
Jiggamitch Offline OP
trapper
Jiggamitch  Offline OP
trapper
J

I looked under the license and registration tab. They have a link to the rules and statutes. Under their definition of structural pest control is a list of things that qualify as needing license. I could not find a section referring to traps, so I called them. I was told lethal traps must be licensed by them if taking payment. I forgot to ask for a specific law so I called back and was told to email them with my questions. Hopefully he was just blowing me off. Am waiting for a response. Please call for yourself when you can and see what you can find.

Re: Department of Agriculture [Re: Jiggamitch] #7502108
02/19/22 09:10 PM
02/19/22 09:10 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Jiggamitch
You didn't answer anything. I asked a question because I was told something that I was not sure about. I called around and asked to get clarification from a heck of a lot more than the wildlife office. I have not been doing this a long time, and this was the first I had heard anything like this, so i asked here. If I'm wrong, then that's great. As to which agency supercedes who, i don't know. If you want to call for yourselves, then here you go.

https://www.texasagriculture.gov/licensesregistrations.aspx

(877) 542-2474

I gave you the correct dude's name in the PM. Who are you aiming this at?

Re: Department of Agriculture [Re: Jiggamitch] #7502109
02/19/22 09:11 PM
02/19/22 09:11 PM
Iowa,
E
eedup Offline
trapper
eedup  Offline
trapper
E

Iowa,
I think you're searching for problems where they don't exist and that the pest control guy who told you that doesn't know. Good luck.

Re: Department of Agriculture [Re: Jiggamitch] #7502110
02/19/22 09:13 PM
02/19/22 09:13 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I looked under the license and registration tab. They have a link to the rules and statutes. Under their definition of structural pest control is a list of things that qualify as needing license. I could not find a section referring to traps, so I called them. I was told lethal traps must be licensed by them if taking payment. I forgot to ask for a specific law so I called back and was told to email them with my questions. Hopefully he was just blowing me off. Am waiting for a response. Please call for yourself when you can and see what you can find.

Why in thunder are you looking under, talking to, or dealing with "pest" control? These folks are termites, ants, scorpions, and such.
I have never been to the TDOA page and never will be. I'm not a pest control trapper.
You do realize animals are not considered "pests" in the literal law sense, right?

If you want to spray for scorpions than visit the pest control site.

89.8959'er % of all the world's 330's are set right now on a crawl under in Texas.
Law or no law.
whistle

Re: Department of Agriculture [Re: Jiggamitch] #7502111
02/19/22 09:15 PM
02/19/22 09:15 PM
Iowa,
E
eedup Offline
trapper
eedup  Offline
trapper
E

Iowa,
If I'm tasked to go to Texas again I'll do the job as always and not lose any sleep. I betting Mark and others will also.
I did learn doing bvr work in Texas I don't need license unless I retain any animal or parts. I bought license so I could keep the bvr and otter(which I got tagged before I left the state).

Re: Department of Agriculture [Re: Jiggamitch] #7502118
02/19/22 09:21 PM
02/19/22 09:21 PM
Iowa,
E
eedup Offline
trapper
eedup  Offline
trapper
E

Iowa,
As I get older I'm leaning towards the ask forgiveness not permission. Too many ppl in positions of power that have no clue but will still mess you up because they can. I've carried printed laws and rules with me and still had office help argue about how they thought it should be. That said, I try to always follow the law.

Re: Department of Agriculture [Re: Jiggamitch] #7502119
02/19/22 09:23 PM
02/19/22 09:23 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I hear ya eedup. I've trapped 18 states, run a trappers's predator trapping Academy in March (good 'ol Kansas), deal with fur bearer biologists here there and everywhere, and on and on for over 40 years and I can't recall ever dealing with a "state" DOA. I deal with all manner of levels of people in all sorts of places...
but I don't spray for bugs either.
Well, not with a license.
whistle

Re: Department of Agriculture [Re: Jiggamitch] #7502142
02/19/22 09:50 PM
02/19/22 09:50 PM
J
Jiggamitch Offline OP
trapper
Jiggamitch  Offline OP
trapper
J

Doa defines rodents as pests. Beavers are rodents. The pest guy traps beavers. Ect ect. Obviously this is going nowhere. Obviously I should never have asked about it. Sorry for bringing it up.

Re: Department of Agriculture [Re: Jiggamitch] #7502214
02/19/22 10:58 PM
02/19/22 10:58 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
laugh

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Department of Agriculture [Re: Jiggamitch] #7502236
02/19/22 11:23 PM
02/19/22 11:23 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Doa defines rodents as pests. Beavers are rodents. The pest guy traps beavers. Ect ect. Obviously this is going nowhere. Obviously I should never have asked about it. Sorry for bringing it up.

Gotcha.
I see where you got off the rails.
I can help you further.
The pest control dude is wrong.
Beavers are considered a Furbearing Animal, (same as muskrats and nutria)... not a rodent, and are subject to the furbearing game statutes in the state of Texas.
Problem solved.

Furbearers in Texas include:
Badger
Beaver
Fox
Mink
Muskrat
Nutria
Opossum
Raccoon
Otter
Skunk
Ring-tailed cat

I'm from the government and here to help. Our beaver lure Flattail Frenzy is a slapper on Flattails by the way! wink grin

Blessings,
Mark

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread