No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 42 of 45 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 45
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503672
02/21/22 09:37 AM
02/21/22 09:37 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Mark, all in all I like what you have to say often but you’re drawing at straws with some of this sermon sounding stuff.
Did you ever think that the person you see in the car with a mask on is just someone too lazy or negligent to remove it after coming from a place they were asked to put it on? Without a doubt it almost always is. Equating it with a fear of death is just plain silly. Using an eternal (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to teach a fear of death, now that’s more like it if you want to start nit picking stuff. Non believers don’t fear death any more than sleep itself. Teaching eternal (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to kids, what is that? I think you said it, the tool of Tyrants right? Those Tyrants like the cash that fear brings them.

And if there is no desire for the extremely wealthy to acquire more cash, then explain religion and it’s copious amounts of cash and possessions.

Last edited by rvsask; 02/21/22 09:47 AM.
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503677
02/21/22 09:41 AM
02/21/22 09:41 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Power and the fragrance of it come in many variations to many different types. It’s allure morphs with time. The everlasting constant is that eventually the many will suffer for the narcissism of the few.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 02/21/22 09:42 AM.

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: Osky] #7503689
02/21/22 09:53 AM
02/21/22 09:53 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Osky
Power and the fragrance of it come in many variations to many different types. It’s allure morphs with time. The everlasting constant is that eventually the many will suffer for the narcissism of the few.

Osky

Darn near eloquent.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: rvsask] #7503693
02/21/22 09:55 AM
02/21/22 09:55 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by rvsask
Mark, all in all I like what you have to say often but you’re drawing at straws with some of this sermon sounding stuff.
Did you ever think that the person you see in the car with a mask on is just someone too lazy or negligent to remove it after coming from a place they were asked to put it on? Without a doubt it almost always is. Equating it with a fear of death is just plain silly. Using an eternal (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to teach a fear of death, now that’s more like it if you want to start nit picking stuff. Non believers don’t fear death any more than sleep itself. Teaching eternal (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to kids, what is that? I think you said it, the tool of Tyrants right? Those Tyrants like the cash that fear brings them.

And if there is no desire for the extremely wealthy to acquire more cash, then explain religion and it’s copious amounts of cash and possessions.

Well rvsask,
I minister to people, and sorry if it sounds like sermon stuff to you. I call it real life stuff.
The fear of death in this pandemic of which I wish I wasn't a part of (like all of us) has shown me POINT BLANK what people hold dear. And what they don't.
People these days are pretty vocal about things they consider worthy and things they consider "crap," "junk," and other words I can't repeat on TMan. They start with S, and F, and such.
You think I'm silly? That's fine.
Suit up. Minister to people who are suffering and otherwise for a few years and let's grab a brew and compare notes.
I'm not inspired. I'm just walking with people where they are.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503703
02/21/22 10:05 AM
02/21/22 10:05 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Mark, I did not say you were silly but your take on people with masks being afraid of death is silly. Contrary to what the freedom convoy would like you to believe most Canadians have simply abided by the mask rules because they “believe” it could help other, not themselves. It’s why my wife has had to wear one at her work for 25 years, so she doesn’t infect others. Why would I not believe that is true? Because someone told me it isn’t true?. I’d think every single person I saw yesterday in a hockey rink is sick and tired of wearing them but they chose to do so simply because an organization has asked that they do simply to reduce the chance of high transmissions during that said activity could mean changes to how it happens. Zero of them would have been wearing it because they were afraid of death. Those silly folks are hiding in their house.

I did see a few dads from the other team over in Alberta come in without one on. They folded their tents pretty quickly though when a little lady asked them to put one on. grin

Last edited by rvsask; 02/21/22 10:12 AM.
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: rvsask] #7503734
02/21/22 10:31 AM
02/21/22 10:31 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Mark, I did not say you were silly but your take on people with masks being afraid of death is silly. Contrary to what the freedom convoy would like you to believe most Canadians have simply abided by the mask rules because they “believe” it could help other, not themselves. It’s why my wife has had to wear one at her work for 25 years, so she doesn’t infect others. Why would I not believe that is true? Because someone told me it isn’t true?. I’d think every single person I saw yesterday in a hockey rink is sick and tired of wearing them but they chose to do so simply because an organization has asked that they do simply to reduce the chance of high transmissions during that said activity could mean changes to how it happens. Zero of them would have been wearing it because they were afraid of death. Those silly folks are hiding in their house.

I did see a few dads from the other team over in Alberta come in without one on. They folded their tents pretty quickly though when a little lady asked them to put one on. grin

Pretending to understand why people wear masks and why they don't is silly. It is likely very different for everyone and their situation.
I'm sure some are doing so, as you say, simply to abide by the mask rules.
Others may "believe' it could help others, OR themselves, because that's why they've been told.
I'm sure there were multiple reasons for those at the hockey game, a good share of them just don't want to make waves.
Those dads that folded made a rational decision to avoid the unpleasant situation that was likely to escalate with some mask obsessed little lady finger pointing and drawing unnecessary attention to the situation when they only wanted to watch a stupid hockey game.

Why people wear them alone in their cars could be anything from, fear, I forgot, virtue signaling, or full blown mask derrangement syndrome.

Last edited by walleye101; 02/21/22 10:34 AM.
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503767
02/21/22 11:08 AM
02/21/22 11:08 AM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
If history ever repeats itself then look back at the 1919 Winnipeg General strike (where protesters were shot)
Of the 100's that were arrested some continued on into politics with their ideas.
JF Woodsworth went on to Parilment and became leader of the CCF which is now the NDP and another was Major of Winnipeg served 3 terms
those Hill guys returning back to Sask-Alberta-BC if they run in rural ridings will be moved into a seat in power
Just look at all those GP protesters in Europe with the bur ban riftraft; they are the member of the EU now

another little tidbit; lots of the trucks licence plates were stolen, so all those parking tickets; well just ended up in the toilet like the one in the photo shown.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503807
02/21/22 11:44 AM
02/21/22 11:44 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Walleye 101, I appreciate the candid exchange without insults. Does your stance on why people wear masks just apply to me or does it also apply to Mark who said it’s because fear of death? Honest and sincere question, why does his stance get a free pass but not mine? I’m the one you quoted and responded to after all. I realize Mark is quite adept at trapping down in Texas but I do all right up here in the great white north. What’s the reason you chose to debate my thoughts on why people might have a mask on in a car? (Yes it looks silly to me too)
Am I the only one “pretending to know the situation” or did the one I questioned not do exactly the same?
Happy trapping.

Last edited by rvsask; 02/21/22 11:49 AM.
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: rvsask] #7503836
02/21/22 12:07 PM
02/21/22 12:07 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Walleye 101, I appreciate the candid exchange without insults. Does your stance on why people wear masks just apply to me or does it also apply to Mark who said it’s because fear of death? Honest and sincere question, why does his stance get a free pass but not mine? I’m the one you quoted and responded to after all. I realize Mark is quite adept at trapping down in Texas but I do all right up here in the great white north. What’s the reason you chose to debate my thoughts on why people might have a mask on in a car? (Yes it looks silly to me too)
Am I the only one “pretending to know the situation” or did the one I questioned not do exactly the same?
Happy trapping.

Your certainly not the only one. Many people make broad assumptions about others and why they do the things they do.

I included fear in my final edit sentence, but yes, neglected to identify the fear. Fear of death would be one of those. I know some who will have a hard time letting go of masks, that fear is so ingrained. Probably more common is a fear of not fitting in where most everyone else is masked, or being called out by some authoritarian little lady about not being masked.

I'm not much of a mask guy, and never was, but I do understand that the social pressure to wear one in some situations can be intense. Imangine being a child in this situation with less ability or authority to rationalize and make personal decisions.

Last edited by walleye101; 02/21/22 12:08 PM.
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503861
02/21/22 12:42 PM
02/21/22 12:42 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
Well Trudy doubles down this morning. God Bless the Canadian people!

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503868
02/21/22 12:47 PM
02/21/22 12:47 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Walleye, any child who wears a mask because of fear or is anti mask gets that from their caregivers. Most kids just buckle up and wear it because they have to without worrying about it. I have kids, coach kids, work with kids and with 90% of them it’s just become something they do. Most will be happy when they don’t have to but for the most part, kids aren’t scared and don’t give a crap about the mask unless they’ve been told they should be scared or are supposed to reject it.
In a week’s time our mask mandate ends in SK, it’ll be just another day like the previous 500 to most kids. I’m glad, I hate the environmental impact the disposing of them has created.

Last edited by rvsask; 02/21/22 12:49 PM.
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: rvsask] #7503870
02/21/22 12:51 PM
02/21/22 12:51 PM
Ontario
R
RustyShacklefrd Offline
trapper
RustyShacklefrd  Offline
trapper
R

Ontario
Regardless of your opinion on why people are wearing masks, it's still illegal to mandate on any level. The muslums that have been wearing burkas for years into businesses in this country have proved that in court time and time again.

Medical grade masks are in the green book under PPE for certain industries and are wrote into the criminal code with actual fines for not complying. This makes sense for people doing medical procedures.

The governor General , during a state of emergency is able to do such things without running it through the house of commons PROVIDING it does not violate or infringe on the chartered rights of Canadians.

It's against our bill of rights, and illegal, to force face coverings onto people in Canada, period.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503871
02/21/22 12:52 PM
02/21/22 12:52 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
2024 I hope Trump 2.0 uses every diplomatic and economic lever and sanction to help the Canadian people win back and secure their Charter rights if they haven't done so already.

[Linked Image]
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503876
02/21/22 12:58 PM
02/21/22 12:58 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
I’ve seen video of kids being told they don’t have to wear them anymore. I think they dislike them more than you think. Child suicide is up 50% in the US and the federal government just lowered speech and language comprehension here. We didn’t have to wear them so I don’t have much personal experience, but from what I read it’s been terrible for our youth.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503878
02/21/22 12:59 PM
02/21/22 12:59 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Rusty, you do know that if your last statement were true that the courts would have proven that over the past two years right?
Also, any mask mandates is a provincial mandate not federal, just letting you know that.

I find the rabid anti Turdeau rhetoric over masks in SK funny seeing as how Scott Moe and the Sask Party is who mandated them. The same is funny in AB with Kenney and in Ont. and Ford.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: Pawnee] #7503880
02/21/22 01:04 PM
02/21/22 01:04 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Originally Posted by Pawnee
I’ve seen video of kids being told they don’t have to wear them anymore. I think they dislike them more than you think. Child suicide is up 50% in the US and the federal government just lowered speech and language comprehension here. We didn’t have to wear them so I don’t have much personal experience, but from what I read it’s been terrible for our youth.

Ending masking mandates will not lower child mental health issues, it may not even affect speech and language. Until parents quit spending their existence on Facebook and giving little Johnny a cell phone at 8 years of age because they’re too busy online to raise their kids, read them books, even talk to them, expect mental health issues in kids to keep rising. Poor parenting and a phone in hand 24/7 is the cause of that.

Imagine how little time the most rabid far left and far right people who’ve become that way because of their time online actually spend doing productive things with their kids. Remember that time before social media before there wasn’t such division? To assume that being online far too much mom and dad hasn’t caused that is pretty naive. So is assuming that isn’t affecting kids more than masks.

It’ll be not too long before someone provides a YouTube link or Facebook group to show me just how wrong I am. grin

Last edited by rvsask; 02/21/22 01:13 PM.
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: rvsask] #7503894
02/21/22 01:25 PM
02/21/22 01:25 PM
Ontario
R
RustyShacklefrd Offline
trapper
RustyShacklefrd  Offline
trapper
R

Ontario
I am aware it's controlled at a provincial level. Using the provincial Lieutenant Governor who is Elizabeth Dowdeswell.

She hands its down to the district health units. The district health unit then hand it down to the citizens.
But regardless it's still been illegal from the get go. Just.like everything else they have done the last two years.

Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503899
02/21/22 01:29 PM
02/21/22 01:29 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
I don't wear a mask because it clashes with my tin foil hat. The engineer in me wants to make one out of chicken wire and wear that, then discuss mech size at nauseam with anyone who objects to my kind of fashion statement.
On a more serious note, masks turn people onto objects as you can talk to a person but cant see their facial expressions that are important in even simple things like saying thank you at a supermarket register. It is easier to separate people when they are just objects with no identity. ( they all look the same to me ) kind of deal. You can be friendly, hostile or indifferent. It makes little difference as the other person only sees a mask with legs. No frown, no smile ....nothing.
his may just be my tin foil hat itching again, but I think there is a reason behind the mask mandates other than a concern about your health.
Just my 2 cents and probably worth less than that.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503912
02/21/22 01:43 PM
02/21/22 01:43 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Meanwhile in parliament.......

If it is in fact misinformation then openly discuss and make the questioner look the fool.

BUT, there's more.

[Linked Image]
Re: Canadian Freedom Convoy [Re: bowhunter27295] #7503913
02/21/22 01:45 PM
02/21/22 01:45 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Looks like that tin foil is worth the occasional itch.

[Linked Image]
Page 42 of 45 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 45
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread