No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7506349
02/23/22 04:01 PM
02/23/22 04:01 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Good for those that want a place like Twitter without it being liberal content only, but I don't see me going there.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7506589
02/23/22 07:38 PM
02/23/22 07:38 PM
minnesota
G
gman Offline
trapper
gman  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
I'm taking the low road on this. (Libs way) No liberal views or opinions. Nothing would make the libs madder and anything that makes them mad makes me happy!!!

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: jht] #7506606
02/23/22 07:50 PM
02/23/22 07:50 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Originally Posted by jht
For whatever it may be worth: I think Danny Clifton, walleye101, and rvsask seem to be thinking most clearly here. I also say this knowing full-well that Tman itself is a social media platform, albeit of a different (and perhaps better?) kind. Speaking against social media on social media is hypocritical, but I'll embrace my own inconsistencies and agree with those three. Most of us would be much better off if we followed in the footsteps of The Mad Farmer and quietly walked away. When "truth" is mediated to us via corporations, politicians, or the masses (big social media seems to be a weird combination of the three), then we are not going to find whatever truth actually exists. Love your neighbor. You can do that without the aid of social media.

So if we don't go on a media site or the internet then where do we find this mysterious "truth" you speak of?

TV? Radio? Local hardware store? Water cooler at work?

I hear people like yourself insinuate we are suckers to big media and big tech. I also hear people like yourself say we should just put our head in the sand.

Wonder what would have happened if the revoutionaries of pre 1776 had just ignored what the King and England were doing to them? If they would have just chopped wood, grew food and animals and just kept to themselves?

If you choose to not stay informed, that is your choice. However if you choose to stay uninformed, don't call others a sucker for not following you out into the open field.

How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7506615
02/23/22 08:00 PM
02/23/22 08:00 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
If its wrong for facebook to censor conservative posts, why is it ok for Right Social to censure liberal posts? The truth your looking for bowhunter27295 will have to be decided on by yourself. You may find that your truth changes some if your allowed to see the posts of people you don't agree with. Free speech and free press are good things and should championed. You know there are people who have different views than you so don't be surprised, or offended, when you encounter them. Give them your thoughts and hopefully something to ponder.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7506621
02/23/22 08:04 PM
02/23/22 08:04 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Have you ever asked a liberal to explain their different view?

-Goofy-
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: danny clifton] #7506627
02/23/22 08:09 PM
02/23/22 08:09 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Originally Posted by danny clifton
If its wrong for facebook to censor conservative posts, why is it ok for Right Social to censure liberal posts? The truth your looking for bowhunter27295 will have to be decided on by yourself. You may find that your truth changes some if your allowed to see the posts of people you don't agree with. Free speech and free press are good things and should championed. You know there are people who have different views than you so don't be surprised, or offended, when you encounter them. Give them your thoughts and hopefully something to ponder.

Dude I always do that. I said nothing about censoring them. I know I will and can decide what the truth is myself.

I asked, if I can't use a social media of any kind to get information, then what should I use? Those who say there is a bunch of junk on the internet are correct. They are also 100% wrong by ignoring there is a bunch of truth on the internet as well. And everyone knows the real truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Ignoring stuff and just saying it is a bunch of hooey is purposeful ignorance. It is a choice. Being informed is difficult because you have to do a lot of sifting. If someone choose not to sift, that's fine. Just don't call the sifters stupid.

How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: danny clifton] #7506658
02/23/22 08:24 PM
02/23/22 08:24 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

It's not "right" for either site to censor anyone due to their political views but I imagine that is exactly what will happen on this one and I really can't say I blame Trump. For the past 6 years Trump has watched as all of his supporters were deleted, edited and banned from sites like FB and Twitter if they dared to say anything good about the President. If I was in Trump's shoes it would be tempting to make a site to do the same to them. Is it any different if a trapper gets banned from a anti's website and then makes a website that doesn't allow antis?

I DO think the world could use a social media site as popular as FB or Twitter that doesn't censor either side. But I don't think that's what this site of Trump's is going to be... don't think it's what he ever intended it to be.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7506682
02/23/22 08:36 PM
02/23/22 08:36 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
You aren't playing the Game - the rules shouldn't matter to you. Generally speaking

Not directed at the above poster

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7506697
02/23/22 08:43 PM
02/23/22 08:43 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

If I were Trump I would have taken the money spent on this project and made some people disappear. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7506701
02/23/22 08:45 PM
02/23/22 08:45 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
If I were Trump I would have taken the money spent on this project and made some people disappear. lol

Ahahahaha! laugh

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7506705
02/23/22 08:47 PM
02/23/22 08:47 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Might just learn something going to this site .

https://www.prageru.com/

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: yotetrapper30] #7506714
02/23/22 08:53 PM
02/23/22 08:53 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

It's not "right" for either site to censor anyone due to their political views but I imagine that is exactly what will happen on this one and I really can't say I blame Trump. For the past 6 years Trump has watched as all of his supporters were deleted, edited and banned from sites like FB and Twitter if they dared to say anything good about the President. If I was in Trump's shoes it would be tempting to make a site to do the same to them. Is it any different if a trapper gets banned from a anti's website and then makes a website that doesn't allow antis?

I DO think the world could use a social media site as popular as FB or Twitter that doesn't censor either side. But I don't think that's what this site of Trump's is going to be... don't think it's what he ever intended it to be.

Exactly , everyone knows the leftists will flood the site with their propaganda .
Same as the MSM and social media sites like FB .
Even the browser news sites only allows what they want , anything against their agenda , is blocked and not posted .

https://www.prageru.com/

Last edited by Ohio Wolverine; 02/23/22 08:54 PM.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7506791
02/23/22 09:46 PM
02/23/22 09:46 PM
MN
Q
Quartermastersir Offline
trapper
Quartermastersir  Offline
trapper
Q

MN
there is no correct censorship. censoring idiot left wingers is no more correct than censoring intellectual conservatives. Same with racism, "woke" racism is as bad as any other.
How am i to decide who is the moron if I can't hear them speak or enunciate their views?
I want to hear from the KKK AND BLM so i can dismiss them both as racist pieces of "banned word". I want to hear the gibberish from the squad, when i read the opinion page from the Star Tribune and it is absolutely opposite of my views, I know I'm on the correct side of the issue.

What the MSM media did by NOT airing anything from Incoherent Joe is also despicable. Would the election have gone differently if we knew BEFORE the election, he was senile?

I want an unfiltered access to as many opinions as possible, to make my own decision based on as much information or disinformation and how it applies to me. I am capable of deciding for myself which is misinformation (we used to call this BS) and which is not.
I would guess that the haters of Trumps new site will not venture on it to try to "win the hearts and souls", I think they know their ideologies don't play well outside their cult, they will take the cowards way out and hack it to oblivion.
Let's hope that recent events have pulled the curtain back on the bat guano crazy progressives, and the political pendulum will swing back to some resemblance of sanity.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: danvee] #7506803
02/23/22 09:54 PM
02/23/22 09:54 PM
MN
Q
Quartermastersir Offline
trapper
Quartermastersir  Offline
trapper
Q

MN
Originally Posted by danvee
Trump has to make money somehow his empire is collapsing.

May or not be true. But I really don't care. He had his money before he had a political office
But if he was a career politician like Clintons, Obama, Bidens Pelosi, he would NEVER be in peril of his empire collapsing. He would have added millions to his net worth by earning a gov't salary???..
And yet there is never a cry by the MSM to check their taxes or businesses.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: gman] #7506815
02/23/22 10:04 PM
02/23/22 10:04 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by gman
I'm taking the low road on this. (Libs way) No liberal views or opinions. Nothing would make the libs madder and anything that makes them mad makes me happy!!!

This is the only way to go. laugh Give them taste of their own medicine.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: ~ADC~] #7506845
02/23/22 10:19 PM
02/23/22 10:19 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by gman

This is the only way to go. laugh Give them taste of their own medicine.

I am on this boat also. If you want to get the lefts view just go to one of their sites.

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: danvee] #7506849
02/23/22 10:20 PM
02/23/22 10:20 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by danvee
Trump has to make money somehow his empire is collapsing.

Trump, his family and followers are being persecuted by leftists in and out of government. I can't wait to push back.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7506867
02/23/22 10:34 PM
02/23/22 10:34 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
You can’t remove threats. cnn has been a threat for years and they are still on the air. lol

Strange when I talked to my brother in Germany last month .
He said CNN is the only news channel they get !

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7507010
02/24/22 12:46 AM
02/24/22 12:46 AM
Wisconsin
D
Dillon Benda Offline
trapper
Dillon Benda  Offline
trapper
D

Wisconsin
It's enlightening to see how many people would prefer to see opposing viewpoints censored rather than consuming as much information as possible to make well informed opinions. I don't think most conservatives are all that different from liberals. They both want to be spoon-fed a narrative, they've just grown to like different narratives.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7507017
02/24/22 12:54 AM
02/24/22 12:54 AM
South Dakota
H
Hydropillar Online content
trapper
Hydropillar  Online Content
trapper
H

South Dakota

persevering lying. the British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, & what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. yet where does this anarchy exist? where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? and can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. they were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. god forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. the people cannot be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive; if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure. our Convention has been too much impressed by. . .

The only place you find free cheese is in a mousetrap !
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread