No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: jk] #7507058
02/24/22 01:46 AM
02/24/22 01:46 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by jk
Danny Clifton nailed it "Free speech means your going to hear stuff you don't like." !!!!!!!!!

Free speech is over , it's time to pick a side , and the Donald will give a place to reside

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7507109
02/24/22 06:16 AM
02/24/22 06:16 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Antigov, if Trumps site is where you can express yourself then yes, get after it. I really do hope its not as onesided as facebook though. The free exchange of ideas is MUCH more productive.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7507118
02/24/22 06:37 AM
02/24/22 06:37 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
In a fair, open, objective debate our conservative ideas and values hold up pretty well compared to the liberal mantra. I don't see the need to hide in a site where we only hear "our side".

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7507133
02/24/22 07:30 AM
02/24/22 07:30 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
I'm thinking it will be a site where conservatives can freely attack the lies, hypocrisy and stupidity of liberal ideology without having to worry about being censored like they are now on every other large social media site.

Eh...wot?

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7507172
02/24/22 08:40 AM
02/24/22 08:40 AM
minnesota
G
gman Offline
trapper
gman  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
[quote=HobbieTrapper]Have you ever asked a liberal to explain their different view

I have many times and I always come away from the conversation thinking the person is mentally challenged.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: walleye101] #7507183
02/24/22 08:50 AM
02/24/22 08:50 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by walleye101
In a fair, open, objective debate our conservative ideas and values hold up pretty well compared to the liberal mantra. I don't see the need to hide in a site where we only hear "our side".

When a person cannot effectively defend their view in an open debate, the only thing they have left is to silence the opposition. That's what's been happening in this society for the past 3-4 decades. It's become blatant and overt in the last two decades.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7507188
02/24/22 09:01 AM
02/24/22 09:01 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Philosophers have long written about the two worldviews y'all are going back and forth about;

Liberalism = an emotional argument

Conservativism = a logical argument

And the emotional is not swayed by the logical just as the logical rarely listens to the emotional.

The lead educators in the large public sectors know all this and so...
there has been a steady changing of teaching from;
being the pursuit and transfer of knowledge from one generation to the next (logic and critical thinking skills) to,
more delivery of knowledge in order that the student be made to use emotion rather than logic (which side do you "feel" you are on).

You should use emotion to speak into emotion.
You should use logic to speak into logic.

If you go against these principles, philosophers tell us, anger results.

The Greeks were the mighty philosophers and we are still baked in the ways Aristotle to the this day (logic). They used logic and would disqualify any sort of emotional argument in their great debates.
Some of you would probably vote for that in a heart beat.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Quartermastersir] #7507233
02/24/22 10:01 AM
02/24/22 10:01 AM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Originally Posted by Quartermastersir
there is no correct censorship. censoring idiot left wingers is no more correct than censoring intellectual conservatives. Same with racism, "woke" racism is as bad as any other.
How am i to decide who is the moron if I can't hear them speak or enunciate their views?
I want to hear from the KKK AND BLM so i can dismiss them both as racist pieces of "banned word". I want to hear the gibberish from the squad, when i read the opinion page from the Star Tribune and it is absolutely opposite of my views, I know I'm on the correct side of the issue.

What the MSM media did by NOT airing anything from Incoherent Joe is also despicable. Would the election have gone differently if we knew BEFORE the election, he was senile?

I want an unfiltered access to as many opinions as possible, to make my own decision based on as much information or disinformation and how it applies to me. I am capable of deciding for myself which is misinformation (we used to call this BS) and which is not.
I would guess that the haters of Trumps new site will not venture on it to try to "win the hearts and souls", I think they know their ideologies don't play well outside their cult, they will take the cowards way out and hack it to oblivion.
Let's hope that recent events have pulled the curtain back on the bat guano crazy progressives, and the political pendulum will swing back to some resemblance of sanity.

THIS^^^!!! I like you QM.

How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: bowhunter27295] #7507308
02/24/22 10:50 AM
02/24/22 10:50 AM
Eastern W by God V
Crowfoot Offline
trapper
Crowfoot  Offline
trapper

Eastern W by God V
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Originally Posted by Quartermastersir
there is no correct censorship. censoring idiot left wingers is no more correct than censoring intellectual conservatives. Same with racism, "woke" racism is as bad as any other.
How am i to decide who is the moron if I can't hear them speak or enunciate their views?
I want to hear from the KKK AND BLM so i can dismiss them both as racist pieces of "banned word". I want to hear the gibberish from the squad, when i read the opinion page from the Star Tribune and it is absolutely opposite of my views, I know I'm on the correct side of the issue.

What the MSM media did by NOT airing anything from Incoherent Joe is also despicable. Would the election have gone differently if we knew BEFORE the election, he was senile?

I want an unfiltered access to as many opinions as possible, to make my own decision based on as much information or disinformation and how it applies to me. I am capable of deciding for myself which is misinformation (we used to call this BS) and which is not.
I would guess that the haters of Trumps new site will not venture on it to try to "win the hearts and souls", I think they know their ideologies don't play well outside their cult, they will take the cowards way out and hack it to oblivion.
Let's hope that recent events have pulled the curtain back on the bat guano crazy progressives, and the political pendulum will swing back to some resemblance of sanity.

THIS^^^!!! I like you QM.

DITTO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Ditto

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7507319
02/24/22 10:57 AM
02/24/22 10:57 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Leftists want to send me to a reeducation camp. I can't fault them for that, that's where I'd send them. I have no use for them but we gotta let them squeal.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7507384
02/24/22 11:56 AM
02/24/22 11:56 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Doesnt look like we can get the app here in Canuckistan....

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7507424
02/24/22 12:23 PM
02/24/22 12:23 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Anyone get on yet? I am still number 400 thousand something in waiting.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: danny clifton] #7507430
02/24/22 12:26 PM
02/24/22 12:26 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by danny clifton
If its wrong for facebook to censor conservative posts, why is it ok for Right Social to censure liberal posts? The truth your looking for bowhunter27295 will have to be decided on by yourself. You may find that your truth changes some if your allowed to see the posts of people you don't agree with. Free speech and free press are good things and should championed. You know there are people who have different views than you so don't be surprised, or offended, when you encounter them. Give them your thoughts and hopefully something to ponder.

That ship sailed , time to choose which dugout you belong to

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: bowhunter27295] #7507526
02/24/22 01:34 PM
02/24/22 01:34 PM
Flint Hills, KS
J
jht Offline
trapper
jht  Offline
trapper
J

Flint Hills, KS
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Originally Posted by jht
For whatever it may be worth: I think Danny Clifton, walleye101, and rvsask seem to be thinking most clearly here. I also say this knowing full-well that Tman itself is a social media platform, albeit of a different (and perhaps better?) kind. Speaking against social media on social media is hypocritical, but I'll embrace my own inconsistencies and agree with those three. Most of us would be much better off if we followed in the footsteps of The Mad Farmer and quietly walked away. When "truth" is mediated to us via corporations, politicians, or the masses (big social media seems to be a weird combination of the three), then we are not going to find whatever truth actually exists. Love your neighbor. You can do that without the aid of social media.

So if we don't go on a media site or the internet then where do we find this mysterious "truth" you speak of?

TV? Radio? Local hardware store? Water cooler at work?

I hear people like yourself insinuate we are suckers to big media and big tech. I also hear people like yourself say we should just put our head in the sand.

Wonder what would have happened if the revoutionaries of pre 1776 had just ignored what the King and England were doing to them? If they would have just chopped wood, grew food and animals and just kept to themselves?

If you choose to not stay informed, that is your choice. However if you choose to stay uninformed, don't call others a sucker for not following you out into the open field.

Apologies bowhunter, I didn't mean to imply that you (or anyone else here regardless of the method they use to hear the news or discuss it) are a sucker. I don't know you (or anyone else here), so that's not a judgement I'm qualified to make. I was merely sharing my opinion about social media. You are, of course, welcome to have a different one, and I appreciate the feedback on mine. Excellent points. I meant no offense.

As to "truth", I only used the word because Mr. Trump used it as the name of his new platform. His use of the word seems awfully fishy to me. He seems to be making a fairly serious claim, especially for a platform where people are expected to share their opinions and one which specifically targets opinions that are aligned with his own. I assume he's selling something or that he's attempting to buy allegiance (probably both, isn't that how all corporations and politicians operate?). I desire neither to buy nor to be bought. My allegiance lies elsewhere. If, however, Trump's Truth ends up being a place where all opinions are freely shared and dissenting views are not silenced, then that's great. I'll stand corrected, but I still won't use it. Tman is as much social media as I can handle, and that's a personal, philosophical choice for which I don't expect agreement or approval.

Though "truth" seems to imply a cosmic or grand Truth (meaning the philosophical or religious type, which is a completely different conversation), what you seem to be talking about is merely the facts about current events. It seems to me that, no matter where you find them, facts are always neatly packaged within some other opinion, interpretation, or motive. I see no way around that, so I have no better answer than you do (though I am open to suggestion). Check multiple sources, keep in mind who they are and what their motives are. Read between the lines and try to triangulate the location of the facts. Think independently (Philosophically, that's probably a technical impossibility. Are any of us capable of having a thought that isn't influenced by another's? But you know what I mean).

Who can say how history would have unfolded if more people had their heads in the sand pre-Revolution, but, assuming technology advanced in a similar fashion, I bet we'd all be sharing our opinions about it on social media!

I guess the point I was hinting at in my earlier post is that the most important things in life happen much closer to home. It's good to be informed. It's good to care about your country and its future. It's good to be upset about the injustices of the world. However, my primary responsibilities are to my family and my community. What happens in Washington is important and has an impact on all of us, but it matters much less than what happens in my own home. Life is a sticky mess, and human society is stickier and messier. I cannot avoid or deny involvement in all of that, but I would like my involvement to be better, more positive (yes, I know those goals are subjective). I have very little influence in Washington. I have a lot of influence in the lives of my family and community members. Does social media help me be a better husband? A better father? A better neighbor? A better human? I am not convinced that it does. More informed perhaps, but not necessarily better. As such, I don't feel the need to burden myself or my family with that kind of distraction. Anyway, that's my current opinion on the matter. I understand most of you may not agree, and that's great. I welcome your dissent and dialogue!

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Posco] #7507581
02/24/22 02:18 PM
02/24/22 02:18 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Posco
Leftists want to send me to a reeducation camp. I can't fault them for that, that's where I'd send them. I have no use for them but we gotta let them squeal.

You are more kind than I my friend. The camp I wish to send them is on the other side.

-Goofy-
Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Diggerman] #7507748
02/24/22 04:57 PM
02/24/22 04:57 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Anyone get on yet? I am still number 400 thousand something in waiting.

Nunes mentioned it may take a couple weeks to work through the waiting list. I haven't signed yet, T-man being my only social media.
We definitely need an alternative to the censorship of the current media outlets.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7507758
02/24/22 05:08 PM
02/24/22 05:08 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
I joined facebook for one day to reply to a person on marketplace, thats all I did AND I got 30day suspension for not following community standards, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)?

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app [Re: Cragar] #7507761
02/24/22 05:13 PM
02/24/22 05:13 PM
ontario
K
k9-hunter Offline
trapper
k9-hunter  Offline
trapper
K

ontario
how can anyone support Trump after he praised Putin for what he is doing