No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Political question..I think [Re: Posco] #7509579
02/26/22 02:03 AM
02/26/22 02:03 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Back to politics. All successful politicians have charisma. people are just attracted to them. So maybe all politics is cult like.

We're looking for a voice, someone with brains and articulate enough to convey the message we want heard. Those types aren't a dime a dozen. I'll follow the person who champions my cause, that doesn't make me a member of a cult.

Tell me about Biden’s charisma.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Political question..I think [Re: Wolfdog91] #7509582
02/26/22 02:05 AM
02/26/22 02:05 AM
MICHIGAN
D
Dirty trapper 73 Offline
trapper
Dirty trapper 73  Offline
trapper
D

MICHIGAN
Charisma vs cognitive....lol

Re: Political question..I think [Re: Mike in A-town] #7509583
02/26/22 02:06 AM
02/26/22 02:06 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I assume he meant he's conservative on some issues and liberal on others. For example, someone fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I imagine that would be a living heck because you'd go through life never happy and hating both sides.

Thankfully I'm pretty far right, although there are a few issues I lean left on... like legalizing and/or decriminalizing drugs, allowing felons to vote (and have guns!), etc.

When you hear socially liberal people often make the assumption that someone is "for" a certain issue. That isn't necessarily so. It may mean they don't care about an issue enough to grant government the right to control or enforce the issue.

I agree. Here's another issue. I find homosexuality disgusting. I think it's abnormal, unnatural and a sin against God. BUT I also don't think the government should be in the business regulating who someone should love or marry (except, of course, in the case of minors). If they want to marry, let them, I don't care. They don't have to answer to me, but one day will to God. I don't feel they should be allowed to have a church wedding, but again, that's not the Gov't's concern... it should be the churches banning that! (When you get into other issues regarding this topic such as men in women's bathrooms or women's sports, that a whole different topic)!

And then now and then there is a belief I hold that I don't even KNOW what side of the aisle it falls on. I don't believe America should go to war with Russia to save corrupt Ukraine. I don't believe America should be involved in any wars that don't directly involve us. I used to think that was a liberal viewpoint. But now liberals are chomping at the bit to fight Russia. Some conservatives are too. So I have no idea where that belief of mine falls.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Political question..I think [Re: FairbanksLS] #7509589
02/26/22 02:14 AM
02/26/22 02:14 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by white dog
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Back to politics. All successful politicians have charisma. people are just attracted to them. So maybe all politics is cult like.

Tell me about Biden’s charisma.

Lol, there's the exception to the rule.

Re: Political question..I think [Re: Wolfdog91] #7509606
02/26/22 02:29 AM
02/26/22 02:29 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
You hit the nail on the head Ang!

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Political question..I think [Re: Wolfdog91] #7509648
02/26/22 05:25 AM
02/26/22 05:25 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Your belief falls on the side of mainstream America IMO Ang. Talking heads on TV want us divided. Racism, class warfare, a sense of entitlement seem to be the goal. I dont think the enemy of the American people is in a foreign country.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread