No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: More Incompetant: Russian AF or Army? [Re: 30/06] #7521176
03/08/22 01:12 AM
03/08/22 01:12 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by 30/06
Soviet pilots flew extensively against Americans during the Korean War. Recently, they have some experience over Chechnya, Georgia, and Syria. In fact, a Russian Pilot, pictured with Putin and Assad in Syria, was recently shot down and captured in Ukraine. So their current generations of pilots have some combat experience, but little if any real air to air fighting in those conflicts. You could, however, say the same thing about Americans though. Not much hot air to air since 1st Gulf War.

Interesting,thank you for the info

Re: More Incompetant: Russian AF or Army? [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #7521203
03/08/22 03:18 AM
03/08/22 03:18 AM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
I'm baffled by the lack of use of IED's by the Ukrainians . They were expecting this , they had time to build plant them . And command detonated IED's wreck havoc. I'm surprised we haven't seen it.

Give it time. The Russians are about to learn just how deep they're going to have to commit to this. Once the IEDs start being deployed in large numbers you'll see what happens to their plan.

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Re: More Incompetant: Russian AF or Army? [Re: Mike in A-town] #7521208
03/08/22 04:55 AM
03/08/22 04:55 AM
Ireland
E
Eddie43 Offline
trapper
Eddie43  Offline
trapper
E

Ireland
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near." Sun Tzu

Have you seen all the videos of "Russian POW's" claiming they were tricked into this fight... That they had no food, That they lacked fuel or ammo?

Might be true. Or it might be what they were briefed to say upon capture. Misinformation that convinces your enemy to believe that he has you on the ropes is right out of "The Art of War"

Send in the JV team first and have them fight just hard enough to keep the thing going... Goad the enemy into forming "lines"... then drop the hammer on them.

If I were the Ukrainians I would be very cautious about being emboldened by perceived success... The worst thing they could do would be to abandon their present tactics in favor of a face to face battle. They should adhere to stick-and-move and look at holding out long term.

The Russians may be genuinely doing poorly... Or they could be performing poorly to trick their enemy into being confident and drawing closer.

Mike

I think your spot on here Mike. Anyone who thinks Putin doesn't know what he's doing, or that he's got this all wrong, is fooling themselves. The man is ruthless yes, but he's also very intelligent.

Propaganda is nothing new. It's been a part of warfare since the beginning of times.

Dog will hunt!
Re: More Incompetant: Russian AF or Army? [Re: 30/06] #7521254
03/08/22 07:59 AM
03/08/22 07:59 AM
alberta
S
spjones Offline
trapper
spjones  Offline
trapper
S

alberta
How long did it take too occupie Iraq? Nearly a month???

Totally different country geographically

Not sure why everyone thinks the Russians should take Ukrain in a week

Re: More Incompetant: Russian AF or Army? [Re: spjones] #7521303
03/08/22 09:21 AM
03/08/22 09:21 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by spjones

Didn't Iraq have the 4th largest army in the world at the time? I remember hearing that but b ever confirmed it.

I also probably under estimate the size and terrain of the Ukraine. I'm guessing most Americans do as well.

Re: More Incompetant: Russian AF or Army? [Re: 30/06] #7521307
03/08/22 09:25 AM
03/08/22 09:25 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Russia has a has underestimated the will of people who have had a taste of freedom. Even if the Russians defeat the Ukrainian army they wont be able to defeat the will of the people. It will be a war of exhausting attrition for the dictators forces to keep it occupied. Look at past wars it does not work trying to win the hearts and minds when you have killed their families that kind of hate and revenge can go on forever.

I don't think Bad (Mad) Vlad wants to occupy Ukraine, I think he wants concessions from them, such as them being like Finland, basically being neutral and not joining NATO, etc. The western Euro elites are po'd because they lost a nice, "off-grid" place to laundry lots of dirty money, run their various human trafficking rings, and have "interesting" biologic labs. Sniffy's mad because his grift family gets cut off from any other Uke- Hunter-Jim deals, and Prez Barry behind the scenes gets his way of a wider war, something that he and his minions have wanted since 2014. Remember why DJT was impeached the first time in 2019/2020, he wouldn't give the Ukes (Zelinsky phone call) certain "defense" money

Meanwhile, the average, common, good Ukrainian suffers because of a fight between two (actually 3 or 4) organized global crime syndicates.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: More Incompetant: Russian AF or Army? [Re: NonPCfed] #7521322
03/08/22 09:50 AM
03/08/22 09:50 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Russia has a has underestimated the will of people who have had a taste of freedom. Even if the Russians defeat the Ukrainian army they wont be able to defeat the will of the people. It will be a war of exhausting attrition for the dictators forces to keep it occupied. Look at past wars it does not work trying to win the hearts and minds when you have killed their families that kind of hate and revenge can go on forever.

I don't think Bad (Mad) Vlad wants to occupy Ukraine, I think he wants concessions from them, such as them being like Finland, basically being neutral and not joining NATO, etc. The western Euro elites are po'd because they lost a nice, "off-grid" place to laundry lots of dirty money, run their various human trafficking rings, and have "interesting" biologic labs. Sniffy's mad because his grift family gets cut off from any other Uke- Hunter-Jim deals, and Prez Barry behind the scenes gets his way of a wider war, something that he and his minions have wanted since 2014. Remember why DJT was impeached the first time in 2019/2020, he wouldn't give the Ukes (Zelinsky phone call) certain "defense" money

Meanwhile, the average, common, good Ukrainian suffers because of a fight between two (actually 3 or 4) organized global crime syndicates.

Lots of truth in this.

[Linked Image]
Re: More Incompetant: Russian AF or Army? [Re: 30/06] #7521368
03/08/22 10:32 AM
03/08/22 10:32 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
One headline reads" Russian convoy stalled on road in Ukraine", In the next report it is "Russians amass armored vehicles comfortably inside Ukraine border". Yup, who ya gonna beleive? A couple things that are not being disputed, There are alot of Russian vehicles etc. and they are IN Ukraine.

Re: More Incompetant: Russian AF or Army? [Re: spjones] #7521429
03/08/22 11:42 AM
03/08/22 11:42 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by spjones

Instant Gratification.

Who is John Galt?
Re: More Incompetant: Russian AF or Army? [Re: NonPCfed] #7521605
03/08/22 03:25 PM
03/08/22 03:25 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Originally Posted by NonPCfed

Absolutely !!

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread