No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Ukraine War.. key observation #7523913
03/10/22 06:08 PM
03/10/22 06:08 PM
IA, WI, ND, IL
M
martyd Offline OP
trapper
martyd  Offline OP
trapper
M

IA, WI, ND, IL
Ukraine War has showed a couple things I think …..
1…. American citizens are so well armed I don’t think
China or Russian would ever jump on us on American soil
With ground warfare. I hope that all of anti gun people are
looking closely how this war is going. I think if Russia or China
Did start a war with USA it would go Nuke right off the bat.
They would try to put the fear of a lot nukes like we did with
Japan , drop 2 big bombs on us and we would fold. Also I think
Nukes Would be dropped on high population areas. They would stay
away From dropping nukes on Farm land. They need our grain.
Thank god America has the 2nd amendment. Just wonder if the
16-30 year old men would defend volunteer to fight with the military.

2…….I don’t think Russian military are as strong and organized as
we have thought the last 70 years. They are having a hard time with
This ground war.

Last edited by martyd; 03/10/22 06:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7523918
03/10/22 06:16 PM
03/10/22 06:16 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
you don't need to detonate the Nukes at grown level 50K feet up is about perfect , a month after the EMP and no cell phones or computers we would be a much softer target

we need more ammo 1K rounds of rifle and pistol for every ones primary rifle and pistol

some 16-30 year old's would for sure and a whole lotta old farts wouldn't go out without a bang

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 03/10/22 06:16 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7523919
03/10/22 06:17 PM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
Pretty early in the war to count anyone out. Two weeks they're holding now but talk to me in a few weeks maybe months, without intervention Ukraine will fall if Russia wants them too.

Right now it seems Russia doesn't want to flatten Ukraine as it would be awful expensive to fix. Be like crashing your friends car so he gives it to you. The more they destroy the more they have to fix

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7523920
saskatchewan/canada
lots of mink Offline
trapper
lots of mink  Offline
trapper

saskatchewan/canada
Half the Russian soldiers have world war 2 style tin helmets and the ones that got food are eating rations seven years out of date.

Putin really underestimated the Ukrainian people and army. Thank god for Zelenski and the Ukraine resolve to live free. Sure beats the heck out of what we seen in Afghanistan.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: Trap Setter] #7523925
03/10/22 06:23 PM
03/10/22 06:23 PM
saskatchewan/canada
lots of mink Offline
trapper
lots of mink  Offline
trapper

saskatchewan/canada
Originally Posted by Trap Setter
Pretty early in the war to count anyone out. Two weeks they're holding now but talk to me in a few weeks maybe months, without intervention Ukraine will fall if Russia wants them too.

Right now it seems Russia doesn't want to flatten Ukraine as it would be awful expensive to fix. Be like crashing your friends car so he gives it to you. The more they destroy the more they have to fix

How do you know they plan on fixing anything they have destroyed? Even if they win, which I doubt they could just leave the country in ruins.

EU needs the Ukrainians to win, the Ukraine has the largest untapped natural gas fields on the planet. Them joining the EU would be a win win. Ukraine gets allies, trading partners and a completely rebuilt bran new country, the EU gets cheap natural gas forever. Russia loses all its trading partners except China growing weaker and weaker.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7523936
03/10/22 06:33 PM
03/10/22 06:33 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Yes. The logistics of moving 2-3-4 hundred thousand men across the ocean to attack us is a feat in itself and could not possibly go undetected.
Nuclear ahead of time most of the eastern seaboard and the gulf coast with care not to destroy or contaminate all the ports and oil transport areas. An enemy would not hesitate one moment to tap the oil resources we have and would need the infrastructure in place.
West coast, meh. Why bother other than taking a couple of ports.
By doing the above they would let the core of the country simply dwindle… no energy, few services, no way to harvest in enough quantity. Too many foreign country’s are already buying too much of our farm/ranch land and also buying out our pork, beef, and grain processing corps.
They would strangle us. Then again why not be patient? We are doing a wonderful job of strangling this beautiful country from within as is. Once we fragment which we are accelerating into doing right now, the pieces will be easy pickings for even more foreign control.
The bullet free war brought to whomever courtesy of the once great USA.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: lots of mink] #7523957
03/10/22 06:54 PM
03/10/22 06:54 PM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
Originally Posted by lots of mink
Originally Posted by Trap Setter

How do you know they plan on fixing anything they have destroyed? Even if they win, which I doubt they could just leave the country in ruins.

EU needs the Ukrainians to win, the Ukraine has the largest untapped natural gas fields on the planet. Them joining the EU would be a win win. Ukraine gets allies, trading partners and a completely rebuilt bran new country, the EU gets cheap natural gas forever. Russia loses all its trading partners except China growing weaker and weaker.

How do any of us know what's in the mind of Vladimir? As far as the narrative goes Russia is in Ukraine to reunite it.

I'll ask you why didn't they destroyed every airstrip, highway, military base, electric substation and communication network? Wouldn't you think we'd have seen something like rockets bombs and missiles sorting up targets if they didn't care to have it as part of their country.

If you read faster I wouldn't have to type so slow. *jokingly spoken

Last edited by Trap Setter; 03/10/22 07:05 PM.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7523970
03/10/22 07:02 PM
03/10/22 07:02 PM
Interior Alaska
30/06 Offline
trapper
30/06  Offline
trapper

Interior Alaska
Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I hope that Ukraine's grassroots resistance will sway some anti 2A folks over to the pro 2A side. Seems some were moved earlier by Pandemic.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: 30/06] #7523978
03/10/22 07:08 PM
03/10/22 07:08 PM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
Originally Posted by 30/06
Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I hope that Ukraine's grassroots resistance will sway some anti 2A folks over to the pro 2A side. Seems some were moved earlier by Pandemic.

I am too. Hope freedom reigns around the world.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7523979
03/10/22 07:11 PM
03/10/22 07:11 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
You all seem to think that our enemies want our stuff, more than they are afraid of us. They are more afraid of us. With us gone, they can take eveyine else's stuff. If someone nukes us, they'll hit us as hard as they can.

Keith

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7524055
03/10/22 08:18 PM
03/10/22 08:18 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
During the Bay of Pigs, Russia made us believe that they had nuclear missiles that would reach North America from their bases in central Russia. We found out that was not true by way of one of their agents that defected. This was why they wanted nucs in Cuba. Kennedy called their bluff with that info and did a great job of keeping them out our back door. My thinking that is why Putin does not want Ukraine armed and militarized in his back yard and especially not being part of NATO.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7524140
03/10/22 09:10 PM
03/10/22 09:10 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Seen many times where The young men didn't have the will to fight in 1941 That was proved wrong

olden tyred
Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7524184
03/10/22 09:30 PM
03/10/22 09:30 PM
Flint, Michigan
bhugo Offline
trapper
bhugo  Offline
trapper

Flint, Michigan
Originally Posted by martyd
Ukraine War has showed a couple things I think …..
1…. American citizens are so well armed I don’t think
China or Russian would ever jump on us on American soil
With ground warfare. I hope that all of anti gun people are
looking closely how this war is going. I think if Russia or China
Did start a war with USA it would go Nuke right off the bat.
They would try to put the fear of a lot nukes like we did with
Japan , drop 2 big bombs on us and we would fold. Also I think
Nukes Would be dropped on high population areas. They would stay
away From dropping nukes on Farm land. They need our grain.
Thank god America has the 2nd amendment. Just wonder if the
16-30 year old men would defend volunteer to fight with the military.

2…….I don’t think Russian military are as strong and organized as
we have thought the last 70 years. They are having a hard time with
This ground war.

If Russia nuked us or a nato country, you can write off the future everywhere. They know very well we will never respond in kind to a limited use of nukes. We will saturate their country with nukes from land, air, and sea in response to any nuclear attack. That is the scary usefulness of MAD. No nukes or it’s all out destruction. There is no alternative and it is well known by both countries. It has stopped anyone from using them throughout the Cold War and hopefully, in the future. If Putin has lost his mind, god help us all.

Member MTPCA, FTA and NTA
Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7524232
03/10/22 09:59 PM
03/10/22 09:59 PM
alberta
S
spjones Offline
trapper
spjones  Offline
trapper
S

alberta
Ukraine isn’t actually a NATO country

What happens if Russia nukes Ukraine??

Will there be a retaliatory strike???

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: lots of mink] #7524256
03/10/22 10:17 PM
03/10/22 10:17 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by lots of mink
Half the Russian soldiers have world war 2 style tin helmets and the ones that got food are eating rations seven years out of date.

Putin really underestimated the Ukrainian people and army. Thank god for Zelenski and the Ukraine resolve to live free. Sure beats the heck out of what we seen in Afghanistan.

Where do you people get this info? seriously, Where? Do you possibly check or verify . I could understand if you lived in Poland, but Saskatoon?

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7524262
03/10/22 10:19 PM
03/10/22 10:19 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
And what is defined as a "nuke" strike. There are "dial" tactical nukes that can be brought down to very low yields. Pretty hard to tell the difference at range between one dialed down and a Daisy cutter except perhaps some residue...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: danvee] #7524265
03/10/22 10:21 PM
03/10/22 10:21 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by danvee
During the Bay of Pigs, Russia made us believe that they had nuclear missiles that would reach North America from their bases in central Russia. We found out that was not true by way of one of their agents that defected. This was why they wanted nucs in Cuba. Kennedy called their bluff with that info and did a great job of keeping them out our back door. My thinking that is why Putin does not want Ukraine armed and militarized in his back yard and especially not being part of NATO.

You are just now getting this? has this NOT been on the childrens news network?

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7524267
03/10/22 10:24 PM
03/10/22 10:24 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You Russian "sympathisers" need to read what George Patton knew of the Russians.

Last edited by Boco; 03/10/22 10:24 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7524276
03/10/22 10:31 PM
03/10/22 10:31 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
OK boco, guess what the good ole USA would do to canada if you guys got all comfy with China and joined the oriental treaty organization(OTO). Thats right, and we wouldnt have to spend any nukes to do it either.

Re: Ukraine War.. key observation [Re: martyd] #7524291
03/10/22 10:37 PM
03/10/22 10:37 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I think it is very probable that there could be a tactical nuke exchange without all out Armageddon. Pretty sure that is not likely right now in ukraine.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread