No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gun show today #7527506
03/13/22 10:05 PM
03/13/22 10:05 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Worked the club gun show today

had a little chance to wall around , people are still asking crazy amounts for primers one guy wanting 20 dollars per 100 primers or 200 a brick

apparently they didn't get the memo that Farm and Fleet a few miles away had 9mm for 18 a box of 50 and Fleet farm had a fair about at 22 for 50 rounds because 30 was what most seemed to have on the not selling 9mm ammo they had.

lots of people very proud of their goods an anything that was fairly priced seemed to be selling but there wasn't a lot of it.

@DannyClifton the Venue requested only people with CCL carry loaded in the building so at the front door gun check station if you were carrying just show your CCL and keep your loaded ccw gun where it is , a reminder to keep it holstered or take it to your car to clear it and bring it back in to be checked clear at the check table.

I got the deal of the show , well I thought so spent $2 on new pair of slip join pliers and 6 on a used pair of channel locks they get 20 at the hardware store for the channel locks and they were hardly used.

saw one guy bring in a really nice Remington 1917 Mosin Nagant , was going to make him an offer on it until I looked down the barrel I should have probably offered him 100 the rest of it being so nice but the barrel was a sewer pipe which is a real shame for what looked to be an all original Remington Mosin hex receiver with decent wood.
the US ones had a flip up long range sight that the Russians never had and a much finer front sight

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7527524
03/13/22 10:15 PM
03/13/22 10:15 PM
MN
160user Offline
trapper
160user  Offline
trapper

MN
These are the kinds of "deals" I find at gunshows. This was a pre-64 model 70 after I removed the scope base. Sometimes an education is expensive.

[Linked Image]

I have nothing clever to put here.

Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7527653
03/14/22 04:50 AM
03/14/22 04:50 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Worked the club gun show today

had a little chance to wall around , people are still asking crazy amounts for primers one guy wanting 20 dollars per 100 primers or 200 a brick

apparently they didn't get the memo that Farm and Fleet a few miles away had 9mm for 18 a box of 50 and Fleet farm had a fair about at 22 for 50 rounds because 30 was what most seemed to have on the not selling 9mm ammo they had.

lots of people very proud of their goods an anything that was fairly priced seemed to be selling but there wasn't a lot of it.

@DannyClifton the Venue requested only people with CCL carry loaded in the building so at the front door gun check station if you were carrying just show your CCL and keep your loaded ccw gun where it is , a reminder to keep it holstered or take it to your car to clear it and bring it back in to be checked clear at the check table.

I got the deal of the show , well I thought so spent $2 on new pair of slip join pliers and 6 on a used pair of channel locks they get 20 at the hardware store for the channel locks and they were hardly used.

saw one guy bring in a really nice Remington 1917 Mosin Nagant , was going to make him an offer on it until I looked down the barrel I should have probably offered him 100 the rest of it being so nice but the barrel was a sewer pipe which is a real shame for what looked to be an all original Remington Mosin hex receiver with decent wood.
the US ones had a flip up long range sight that the Russians never had and a much finer front sight

I have too many Mosins....Lol I have made good bank parting out some bad bore rifles like that. Many almost cherry rifles out there a guy needs a part for. Mosins are strange, I have seen clean bores keyhole at 100 and crappy bores shoot well.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7527725
03/14/22 08:33 AM
03/14/22 08:33 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
my son had longer to walk around , he wasn't working , he was listening though seeing the ammo prices and hearing vendors complain no one is buying ammo

they apparently haven't been watching more recent availability and are holding on for last years price

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Gun show today [Re: 160user] #7528183
03/14/22 06:48 PM
03/14/22 06:48 PM
Interior Alaska
smalltimetrapper Offline
small greenhorn
smalltimetrapper  Offline
small greenhorn

Interior Alaska
Originally Posted by 160user
These are the kinds of "deals" I find at gunshows. This was a pre-64 model 70 after I removed the scope base. Sometimes an education is expensive.

[Linked Image]

Ouch

Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7528229
03/14/22 07:41 PM
03/14/22 07:41 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
you have to wonder what they did to get that to crack

that should be the strongest part

Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7528235
03/14/22 07:51 PM
03/14/22 07:51 PM
Southern Wisconsin
F
Fishdog One Offline
trapper
Fishdog One  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Wisconsin
I think they did that with an easy out, homemade one, pound it in to a broken screw trying to turn it out.

Born twice, die once
Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7528241
03/14/22 08:03 PM
03/14/22 08:03 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
my son had longer to walk around , he wasn't working , he was listening though seeing the ammo prices and hearing vendors complain no one is buying ammo

they apparently haven't been watching more recent availability and are holding on for last years price

They might be some of the same folks who bought pallets of it during the panic and then tried to sell it on sites like GunBroker for prices that were in the neighborhood of prison rape.

If so, they can choke on it.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Gun show today [Re: Mike in A-town] #7528246
03/14/22 08:08 PM
03/14/22 08:08 PM
WI
B
Badger23 Offline
trapper
Badger23  Offline
trapper
B

WI
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

They might be some of the same folks who bought pallets of it during the panic and then tried to sell it on sites like GunBroker for prices that were in the neighborhood of prison rape.

Mike

X2 couldn't agree more

Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7528316
03/14/22 09:01 PM
03/14/22 09:01 PM
MN
160user Offline
trapper
160user  Offline
trapper

MN

The rifle had been rebarreled to 35 Whelen and I knew that. My guess is the barrel wasn't turned down quite enough and it happened when it was screwed on. I got lucky.....If I would have had Redfield rings I would have mounted a scope and shot it. I didn't have the right rings so I changed bases and discovered it.

I have nothing clever to put here.

Re: Gun show today [Re: 160user] #7528335
03/14/22 09:10 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by 160user

The rifle had been rebarreled to 35 Whelen and I knew that. My guess is the barrel wasn't turned down quite enough and it happened when it was screwed on. I got lucky.....If I would have had Redfield rings I would have mounted a scope and shot it. I didn't have the right rings so I changed bases and discovered it.

that would make the most sense the pressure to expand and crack would have had to been a lot , must have been hanging on that action wrench , although a wedge does make efficient work.

Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7528336
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota

They can keep it then

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Gun show today [Re: Mike in A-town] #7528349
03/14/22 09:17 PM
03/14/22 09:17 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin

Mike

yup never been a good show for ammo don't think I have bought any at the club show in the decade or more I have worked them, bought some brass , bought some guns , knives , surplus clothing but never ammo.

I work my post doing security hours worked reduce annual dues.
have gotten to know a fair number of the dealers over the years

I agree they can all choke on their over priced ammo and 20 dollar a 100 primers

I just used the last of my 20 dollar a thousand primers and the box I am on was 34.95 unfortunately I don't have many at that price and they are all up from there.

I was buying 3K CZ primers every time I hit Cabellas then CZ had to up and have an explosion in 2014 and then no more primers I just wish I had visited more cabella's but the nearest one was over an hour they seemed to be the only place selling CZ primers and on sale they were 19.99

Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7528635
03/15/22 08:57 AM
03/15/22 08:57 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
On Target Sporting Arms has primers up the wazoo for sale... You can even buy in 5k quantity.

But don't look at the price if you have a heart condition.

I have about 10k in various sizes but I'd like to have about 5k of the CCI BR2's... Just have to sell my Saudi oil well first.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Gun show today [Re: Mike in A-town] #7528639
03/15/22 09:03 AM
03/15/22 09:03 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
On Target Sporting Arms has primers up the wazoo for sale... You can even buy in 5k quantity.

But don't look at the price if you have a heart condition.

I have about 10k in various sizes but I'd like to have about 5k of the CCI BR2's... Just have to sell my Saudi oil well first.

Mike

they look to be in Brisbane Australia
shipping and import might be a bear also

Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7528642
03/15/22 09:06 AM
03/15/22 09:06 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I just keep checking every where I am passing by

scored 600 at fleet farm the other day

they keep them in a locked case and you have to ask , guy asked how many you want?

all of them if you don't mind

sure

there were only 600 Federal small rifle match 7.78 a 100 but it was primers

I would feel bad about buying them all but I am too low on primers for that

Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7528653
03/15/22 09:19 AM
03/15/22 09:19 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
A guy on another forum directed me to On Target... I didn't even pay attention to where they were located. Lol. Or I'm thinking of another site with Target in the name. I'm known to do that.

Heck, that guy might've been from Australia too. Lol.

I've been pretty considerate about not buying everything on the shelf... But if I come back a few days later and it's still there I take it all... I gave others a chance.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7528698
03/15/22 10:00 AM
03/15/22 10:00 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Grandkids are outside shooting their bows. They wanted to shoot their guns again today. They are on spring break. I wish I could take them shooting as much as they want too. Replacing ammo is just not easy.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Gun show today [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7528731
03/15/22 10:32 AM
03/15/22 10:32 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Danny , at least 22lr is available enough right now just not cheap running about 45 a brick

Mike , I get to fleet maybe twice a month if that , so no stopping back if it is there ny bank account keeps me from hording , 600 isn't hording levels if they had 6K and I bought al of them that might take me to hoarding levels

they did have lots of loaded ammo , Ammo inc is definitely helping ammo supply in WI now that they are up and running

Re: Gun show today [Re: Mike in A-town] #7528735
03/15/22 10:36 AM
03/15/22 10:36 AM
Albany County NY
A
adktrap Offline
trapper
adktrap  Offline
trapper
A

Albany County NY
A guy on another forum directed me to On Target... I didn't even pay attention to where they were located. Lol. Or I'm thinking of another site with Target in the name. I'm known to do that.

Heck, that guy might've been from Australia too. Lol.

I've been pretty considerate about not buying everything on the shelf... But if I come back a few days later and it's still there I take it all... I gave others a chance.

Mike

I think you may be thinking of Target Sports USA. They have had primers for $600 per 5,000. They are in Connecticut I believe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread