No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
A believer's walk in a post-Christian America #7543738
03/30/22 09:57 AM
03/30/22 09:57 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

With few exceptions scholars from many of the disciplines agree America is now a post-Christian nation and going through the situational episodes and consequences of dealing with what we have, where we are, with what we've got. Turn on your iPhone and you can scroll through pages of human heartache that people claim could not/would not/will not happen to them because they are isolated by their superpower of education, isolation, dedication, proclamation, or destination.

Funny thing about all things human. Things happen. To all humans.
Today, as I sip coffee here at the hospital, I know that today, like yesterday, I will meet people who did not get up and start out today and mean to come to this place. They will all say the same thing to me, when I am asked to stop and visit them. They say, "I can't believe this is happening." And they mean it. I hear this in every room, in every situation, and on every face and tear.
Our churches too often have done a poor job of teaching the theology of suffering which is written about in every Book of the Bible.

For followers of Christ, this is a wonderful (but not an easy) time to step out and walk with others, wherever you are. And the "walk" is supposed to be the same today as it was when the Apostle Paul told believers in his day.

First, those Apostles had been taught to teach others that "knowledge" has two components; pure & applied... and to use only one or to excuse either is futility.
Believers are called in the world, then as now during the Age of Grace, to gain theology knowledge & also to "do it" in real lives.
Head knowledge alone makes little difference to real people and real circumstances.
Practice alone has the potential to lead to heresy.

Paul was especially good at helping believers, then as now, better understand proper doctrine of the faith (Eph 1-3 for example).
Paul always follows up proper doctrine with "do it" imperatives (Eph 4-6).

Paul saw the risen Lord, so flog him, chain him, beat him all you want... he kept right on preaching the proper Gospel of Jesus during a time of false teachers, Law advocates, and persecutors around most corners. We are all here (us gentiles) because the Apostle did not quit. Not for himself, but for the Glory of God.
Thank God.

So we should learn as much as we can of proper doctrine, revealed in Scripture and handed down for us through the ages by the Spirit...
and then we should apply and practice the continuing of that gift of grace given firsts to us... to our families, friends, coworkers, strangers, and enemies.
We realize this will be pure foolishness to the majority in our land who claim victory in post-Cristian America and who often are teaching our kids and grandkids.
And that's ok, since believers are best able to step up and step in when they hear others say, "I can't believe this is happening."

Be blessed and walk in unity.
And take a kid trapping too!
Mark

Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7543756
03/30/22 10:14 AM
03/30/22 10:14 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Thanks Mark...

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7543758
03/30/22 10:16 AM
03/30/22 10:16 AM
South Central Kansas
KsTrapper88 Offline
trapper
KsTrapper88  Offline
trapper

South Central Kansas
Good stuff

Derek
Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7543812
03/30/22 11:13 AM
03/30/22 11:13 AM
Virginia
T
ToFat Offline
trapper
ToFat  Offline
trapper
T

Virginia
I am right there with you Sir. More than ever I think we need to talk to people and also live as we talk. The biggest difference we can make is to show the Lord Jesus in our lives and tell others that we know we can trust him and that he is in total control. He is our God. He is the only way. No fear. Just peace and comfort in knowing that we are in his church and we can come to God our Father. Live daily walking with our Lord. Look with wisdom of God 's truth from his word and you will understand in a new way, everything that is in that Word. We are blessed.

Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ToFat] #7543881
03/30/22 12:41 PM
03/30/22 12:41 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Many churches and denomination feel compelled to preach the "easier softer way" as people won't pay to be told that a strong and healthy faith journey comes with what being alive is all about. In many ways those of us who are active in our churches are more to blame for hoping that believing will remove my sin and make life here on earth less real. The last decade or less we have reached the point where over 50% of our citizens do not declare any church home let alone attend. It maybe a good idea to ask and research why they choose to not belong. I am sure many still have some thoughts of God and some religious or spiritual experience. Maybe they are more in tuned with the realities of living in our world than we give them credit for.

Bryce

Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7543885
03/30/22 12:47 PM
03/30/22 12:47 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
I don't think that we are in fact in a post Christian America.

When I drive from my place to the tractor dealer about an hour away, along that stretch of road there are 2 bars. but 26 churches. In a post Christian America, that ratio would be the other way around. But thats just my observation.

Last edited by Scuba1; 03/30/22 12:47 PM.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7543909
03/30/22 01:14 PM
03/30/22 01:14 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Online content
trapper
Bruce T  Online Content
trapper

Northern Maine
Amen

Nevada bound
Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7543945
03/30/22 01:45 PM
03/30/22 01:45 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I doesn't look post christian here either.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7543975
03/30/22 02:10 PM
03/30/22 02:10 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Can't really say we are post Christian America yet, but it's beginning to take roots.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7543979
03/30/22 02:13 PM
03/30/22 02:13 PM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
Mark -

Your philosophical and theological essays are thought provoking as intended.

This country was founded on Christian principles. In my opinion, that is the main reason so many are trying to reform this country with new philosophies of radical liberalism and communism. They are using their empowered special interest groups of minions to attack. The devil is very busy.

Around here, in rural agricultural and wooded Ohio, on a local level everything is still the same as before except for the economy and availability of some products. The vast majority of people here are Christians with strong active faith.

One of the biggest problems is that the minions of the new world order have nothing to lose. Not a good job or career, not a nice home and vehicle, not a good reputation, and not a good family. So those with nothing to lose are easily motivated, especially when they face few or even no consequences. Therefore, they riot, burn, loot, injure, and murder.

In Christian America we need to oppose the current poisonous, radical, and criminal behavior. We need to hold accountable the treasonous corrupt state and national leaders. The systems are in place. Good Christian, honest, people of integrity need to run for elected offices to bring our country back to a Christian place of honor. I hope and pray that the right people will rise to the challenge and the election integrity allows them to be elected.

On a daily basis we need to display our Christian values as the basis of our national integrity and patriotism.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7543984
03/30/22 02:26 PM
03/30/22 02:26 PM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
What is your definition of Post- Christian? Thanks

Just passin through
Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: Willy Firewood] #7543995
03/30/22 02:42 PM
03/30/22 02:42 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Willy Firewood
Mark -

Your philosophical and theological essays are thought provoking as intended.

This country was founded on Christian principles. In my opinion, that is the main reason so many are trying to reform this country with new philosophies of radical liberalism and communism. They are using their empowered special interest groups of minions to attack. The devil is very busy.

Around here, in rural agricultural and wooded Ohio, on a local level everything is still the same as before except for the economy and availability of some products. The vast majority of people here are Christians with strong active faith.

One of the biggest problems is that the minions of the new world order have nothing to lose. Not a good job or career, not a nice home and vehicle, not a good reputation, and not a good family. So those with nothing to lose are easily motivated, especially when they face few or even no consequences. Therefore, they riot, burn, loot, injure, and murder.

In Christian America we need to oppose the current poisonous, radical, and criminal behavior. We need to hold accountable the treasonous corrupt state and national leaders. The systems are in place. Good Christian, honest, people of integrity need to run for elected offices to bring our country back to a Christian place of honor. I hope and pray that the right people will rise to the challenge and the election integrity allows them to be elected.

On a daily basis we need to display our Christian values as the basis of our national integrity and patriotism.

You say the devil is very busy. Not only that, but he doesn't have to hide anymore and some still can't even see him.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: Trapper7] #7544040
03/30/22 03:27 PM
03/30/22 03:27 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Attached is a link that will show where we have been and are now from a religious and church aspect. The link does not project a future other than the younger we are the less religious affiliation we have.
Also in relating to Mark's post religion does not always directly relate to or about Christianity and some of that shows up in the text and graphs of the link where people still have strong spiritual or religious leanings but are choosing not to attend church or join a church.
Bryce

https://news.gallup.com/poll/248837/church-membership-down-sharply-past-two-decades.aspx#:~:text=U.S.%20church%20membership%20was%2070%25%20or%20higher%20from,occurring%20since%20the%20start%20of%20the%20current%20decade.

Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7544046
03/30/22 03:36 PM
03/30/22 03:36 PM
Hot Springs SD
L
Larry Bowden Offline
trapper
Larry Bowden  Offline
trapper
L

Hot Springs SD
Thankyou Mark for posting this.

Western SD Fur Harvesters, SDTA, NTA, FTA and life member of NRA. Cancer survivor (7 years) and still fighting it.
Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7544170
03/30/22 05:55 PM
03/30/22 05:55 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I knew an old man years ago named Vern Miller. (dead now) I don't remember where he was born but around 1920 he made up a back pack after getting off the train in Denver and walked about 150 miles to Cotopaxi CO. There was a gold mine there and things were booming. Vern got tired of miners wages and homesteaded a piece of ground north of town aways. Started raising cattle and acquiring more land. Ended up with several thousand acres. He took up with a prostitute that worked in the the brothel where the miners liked to spend their money. Married her. After a few years she found a boyfriend in Canon City CO that was a lawyer. Her new boyfriend told her to divorce Vern and he would see to it that she got his ranch and then they could marry. So Vern had the place appraised and put cash in a briefcase equal to half the appraised value. Met his wife and her lawyer at the lawyers office in Canon. (pronounced canyon) Lawyer told her not to take it they would get the ranch. At that point Vern pulled out a pistol and shot his wife dead. Shot the lawyer who was still alive so pulled back the hammer for another shot when a different lawyer grabbed him and got control of the pistol. Jury said it was temporary insanity. He spent 90 days in the state hospital in Pueblo. He had to give that lawyer some money eventually but kept his ranch. This was in the 50's

I think that part of the world is a lot more "christian" now. Mine was sold and put of business by the EPA. I suspect it will open again one day. The brothel has been closed a good long while. So is the saloon. That valley has two church's now. In fact I think most of CO is a lot more "christian" now. WY too. I will save a few more true tales though for some other time.

Last edited by danny clifton; 03/30/22 08:37 PM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: A believer's walk in a post-Christian America [Re: ] #7544227
03/30/22 07:10 PM
03/30/22 07:10 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

The commentaries on post-christianty in the West (North America, Europe, and Oceania) have been routine for a few decades now.
Here's a sample of the fact that people are spiritually religious but that the Christian faith numbers have gone down in the West.
Much of Americana is now un-Christian.
Even as Christianity expands in areas of Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
It's all quite remarkable.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/engaging-post-christian-culture/

Christendom is being reshaped, especially in America.
There are of course areas of more robust Christianity. I am currently in one of them here in the Dallas area.

Blessings,
Mark

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread