No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7547728
04/03/22 05:14 PM
04/03/22 05:14 PM
Wisconsin
R
RdFx Offline
trapper
RdFx  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
always, took classes in school when i had spare time to sit and read.....

RdFx
Re: Any book readers? [Re: Nessmuck] #7547730
04/03/22 05:16 PM
04/03/22 05:16 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Does Trapoers Post count….

If it’s a book it does.

Lol

I read mine when it comes, and don’t count it As a book.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7547739
04/03/22 05:21 PM
04/03/22 05:21 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
This is what ive read just on my kindle

Jurassic Park: A Novel
Michael Crichton

Omen: Star Wars Legends (Fate of the Jedi) (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi - Legends Book 2)
Christie Golden

Outcast: Star Wars Legends (Fate of the Jedi) (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi - Legends Book 1)
Aaron Allston

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling

Tyrant's Test: Star Wars Legends (The Black Fleet Crisis) (Star Wars: The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy Book 3)
Michael P. Kube-Mcdowell

Shield of Lies: Star Wars Legends (The Black Fleet Crisis) (Star Wars: The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy Book 2)
Michael P. Kube-Mcdowell

Before the Storm: Star Wars Legends (The Black Fleet Crisis) (Star Wars: The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy Book 1)
Michael P. Kube-Mcdowell

Heir to the Jedi: Star Wars
Kevin Hearne

2017 Little League® Baseball Official Regulations, Playing Rules, and Operating Policies: Tournament Rules and Guidelines for All Divisions of Little League® Baseball
Little League International

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One and Two (Special Rehearsal Edition): The Official Script Book of the Original West End Production
J.K. Rowling

The Hutt Gambit: Star Wars Legends (The Han Solo Trilogy) (Star Wars: The Han Solo Trilogy Book 2)
A. C. Crispin

The Paradise Snare: Star Wars Legends (The Han Solo Trilogy) (Star Wars: The Han Solo Trilogy Book 1)
A. C. Crispin

Rebel Dawn: Star Wars Legends (The Han Solo Trilogy) (Star Wars: The Han Solo Trilogy Book 3)
A. C. Crispin

Scoundrels: Star Wars Legends (Star Wars - Legends)
Timothy Zahn

Invincible: Star Wars Legends (Legacy of the Force) (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force Book 9)
Troy Denning

Revelation: Star Wars Legends (Legacy of the Force) (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force Book 8)
Karen Traviss

Fury: Star Wars Legends (Legacy of the Force) (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force Book 7)
Aaron Allston

Inferno: Star Wars Legends (Legacy of the Force) (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force Book 6)
Troy Denning

Sacrifice: Star Wars Legends (Legacy of the Force) (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force Book 5)
Karen Traviss

Exile: Star Wars Legends (Legacy of the Force) (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force Book 4)
Aaron Allston

Bloodlines: Star Wars Legends (Legacy of the Force) (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force - Legends Book 2)
Karen Traviss

Betrayal: Star Wars Legends (Legacy of the Force) (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force Book 1)
Aaron Allston

The Swarm War: Star Wars Legends (Dark Nest, Book III) (Star Wars The Dark Nest Trilogy 3)
Troy Denning

The Unseen Queen: Star Wars Legends (Dark Nest, Book II) (Star Wars The Dark Nest Trilogy 2)
Troy Denning

The Joiner King: Star Wars Legends (Dark Nest, Book I) (Star Wars The Dark Nest Trilogy 1)
Troy Denning

The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: the New Jedi Order)
Greg Keyes

Field Guide to Animal Tracks and Scat of California (California Natural History Guides)
Lawrence Mark Elbroch

Remnant: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic, Book I) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order 15)
Sean Williams

Hero's Trial: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos, Book I) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order 4)
James Luceno

It IS About Islam: Exposing the Truth About ISIS, Al Qaeda, Iran, and the Caliphate (The Control Series Book 3)
Glenn Beck

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, Book 7)
J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, Book 2)
J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, Book 1)
J.K. Rowling

The Truce at Bakura: Star Wars Legends (Star Wars - Legends)
Kathy Tyers

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, Book 6)
J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, Book 5)
J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, Book 4)
J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, Book 3)
J.K. Rowling

Survivor's Quest: Star Wars Legends (Star Wars - Legends)
Timothy Zahn

The Unifying Force: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order Book 19)
James Luceno

Reunion: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic, Book III) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order 17)
Sean Williams

Refugee: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic, Book II) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order 16)
Sean Williams

Conform: Exposing the Truth About Common Core and Public Education (The Control Series Book 2)
Glenn Beck

Rogue Planet: Star Wars Legends (Star Wars - Legends)
Greg Bear

Destiny's Way: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order Book 14)
Walter Jon Williams

Traitor: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order Book 13)
Matthew Stover

Rebel Stand: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order): Enemy Lines II (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order Book 12)
Aaron Allston

Rebel Dream: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order): Enemy Lines I (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order Book 11)
Aaron Allston

Dark Journey: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order Book 10)
Elaine Cunningham

Star by Star: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order Book 9)
Troy Denning

Rebirth: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory, Book II) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order 8)
Greg Keyes

Conquest: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory, Book I) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order 7)
Greg Keyes

Balance Point: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order Book 6)
Kathy Tyers

Jedi Eclipse: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos, Book II) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order 5)
James Luceno

Ruin: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide, Book II) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order 3)
Michael A. Stackpole

Champions of the Force: Star Wars Legends (The Jedi Academy) (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Book 3)
Kevin Anderson

Dark Apprentice: Star Wars Legends (The Jedi Academy) (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Book 2)
Kevin Anderson

Jedi Search: Star Wars Legends (The Jedi Academy): Volume 1 of the Jedi Academy Trilogy (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy)
Kevin Anderson

Mercy Kill: Star Wars Legends (X-Wing) (Star Wars: X-Wing - Legends Book 10)
Aaron Allston

Starfighters of Adumar: Star Wars Legends (X-Wing) (Star Wars: X-Wing - Legends Book 9)
Aaron Allston

Apocalypse: Star Wars Legends (Fate of the Jedi) (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi - Legends Book 9)
Troy Denning

Choices of One: Star Wars Legends (Star Wars - Legends)
Timothy Zahn

I, Jedi: Star Wars (Star Wars - Legends)
Michael A. Stackpole

Isard's Revenge: Star Wars Legends (X-Wing) (Star Wars: X-Wing - Legends Book 8)
Michael A. Stackpole

The Courtship of Princess Leia: Star Wars Legends (Star Wars - Legends)
Dave Wolverton

Solo Command: Star Wars Legends (X-Wing) (Star Wars: X-Wing - Legends Book 7)
Aaron Allston

Iron Fist: Star Wars Legends (X-Wing) (Star Wars: X-Wing - Legends Book 6)
Aaron Allston

Wraith Squadron: Star Wars Legends (X-Wing) (Star Wars: X-Wing - Legends Book 5)
Aaron Allston

The Bacta War: Star Wars Legends (X-Wing) (Star Wars: X-Wing - Legends Book 4)
Michael A. Stackpole

The Krytos Trap: Star Wars Legends (X-Wing) (Star Wars: X-Wing - Legends Book 3)
Michael A. Stackpole

Wedge's Gamble: Star Wars Legends (X-Wing) (Star Wars: X-Wing - Legends Book 2)
Michael A. Stackpole

Rogue Squadron: Star Wars Legends (X-Wing) (Star Wars: X-Wing - Legends Book 1)
Michael A. Stackpole

Vision of the Future: Star Wars Legends (The Hand of Thrawn) (Star Wars: The Hand of Thrawn Duology - Legends Book 2)
Timothy Zahn

Specter of the Past: Star Wars Legends (The Hand of Thrawn) (Star Wars: The Hand of Thrawn Duology - Legends Book 1)
Timothy Zahn

The Last Command: Star Wars Legends (The Thrawn Trilogy) (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy Book 3)
Timothy Zahn

Dark Force Rising: Star Wars Legends (The Thrawn Trilogy) (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy Book 2)
Timothy Zahn

Heir to the Empire: Star Wars Legends (The Thrawn Trilogy) (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy Book 1)
Timothy Zahn

Tempest: Star Wars Legends (Legacy of the Force) (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force Book 3)
Troy Denning

Ascension: Star Wars Legends (Fate of the Jedi) (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi - Legends Book 8)
Christie Golden

Conviction: Star Wars Legends (Fate of the Jedi) (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi - Legends Book 7)
Aaron Allston

Onslaught: Star Wars Legends (The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide, Book I) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order 2)
Michael A. Stackpole

Vector Prime (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order Book 1)
R.A. Salvatore

Jedi Healer: Star Wars Legends (Medstar, Book II) (Star Wars - Legends)
Michael Reaves

Battle Surgeons: Star Wars Legends (Medstar, Book I) (Star Wars - Legends)
Michael Reaves

The Lost World: A Novel (Jurassic Park Book 2)
Michael Crichton

The Hobbit
J.R.R. Tolkien

Allies: Star Wars Legends (Fate of the Jedi) (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi - Legends Book 5)
Christie Golden

Vortex: Star Wars Legends (Fate of the Jedi) (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi - Legends Book 6)
Troy Denning

The Impact Zone: Mastering Golf's Moment of Truth
Bobby Clampett

The Return of the King: The Lord of the Rings, Part Three
J.R.R. Tolkien

The Two Towers: The Lord of the Rings, Part Two
J.R.R. Tolkien

The Silmarillion
J. R. R. Tolkien

The Lord of the Rings
J.R.R. Tolkien

Backlash: Star Wars Legends (Fate of the Jedi) (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi - Legends Book 4)
Aaron Allston

Millennium Falcon: Star Wars Legends (Star Wars - Legends)
James Luceno

Abyss: Star Wars Legends (Fate of the Jedi) (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi - Legends Book 3)
Troy Denning

Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7547743
04/03/22 05:27 PM
04/03/22 05:27 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Now that’s a reading list I can get behind.

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7547747
04/03/22 05:31 PM
04/03/22 05:31 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
The Bible and Shakespeare over and over. That's about it besides stuff like we're reading here, if this counts.

Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7547751
04/03/22 05:33 PM
04/03/22 05:33 PM
New York ,Adirondack mts.
M
mole Offline
"The Tman morning greeter"
mole  Offline
"The Tman morning greeter"
M

New York ,Adirondack mts.
Adirondack History books, Scot H Dahms books, reading Miki & Julie Collins latest book right now. Robert Service poetry . Read Moby Dick , this winter. lots of books.

Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7547758
04/03/22 05:43 PM
04/03/22 05:43 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
I’m reading the first two pics now. The third one I just read again.

3A59BCD5-E9F2-4726-BC32-FC0A0841D8E6.jpegFD033707-EB12-4C36-8757-40A00D01FF3A.jpeg41600CA1-F7C1-4B76-8FB1-E87D4F141705.jpeg
Last edited by Pawnee; 04/03/22 05:44 PM.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7547780
04/03/22 06:01 PM
04/03/22 06:01 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I'm still wading through the Gulag Archipelago... and I read Unintended Consequences once a year. A lot of Robert A. Heinlein... Starship Troopers and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress are both good.

Osborne Russell's Journal of a Trapper is one I pick up and read again from time to time... Along with the journals of Lewis & Clark.

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King... King is a left wing idiot so I buy his books second hand.

I also listen to various audiobooks on YT during my commute.

And just for Rob... the Bible.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7547791
04/03/22 06:14 PM
04/03/22 06:14 PM
ohio
T
tomahawker Offline
trapper
tomahawker  Offline
trapper
T

ohio
Border trilogy rawks, great read!! Thanks for mentioning that. Every time a reading thread gets started People mostly mention horrible books. I mean 95% are terrible…and you thought you were picky lol. For a list of books any self respecting, discerning reader will devour, nah never mind. Read this and don’t fret about the Ukraine or wonder why.

“War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.”
The Judge- Blood Meridian

Re: Any book readers? [Re: Mike in A-town] #7547799
04/03/22 06:23 PM
04/03/22 06:23 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
I'm still wading through the Gulag Archipelago... and I read Unintended Consequences once a year. A lot of Robert A. Heinlein... Starship Troopers and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress are both good.

Osborne Russell's Journal of a Trapper is one I pick up and read again from time to time... Along with the journals of Lewis & Clark.

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King... King is a left wing idiot so I buy his books second hand.

I also listen to various audiobooks on YT during my commute.

And just for Rob... the Bible.

Mike

Nah, doesn’t count Mike. It has to be only the Bible. Not other books. I remember Brian used to reply and a few others. They only read the Bible.

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7547809
04/03/22 06:38 PM
04/03/22 06:38 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Brian hasn't been on for nearly two years. what made him quit?

Eh...wot?

Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7547827
04/03/22 06:57 PM
04/03/22 06:57 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Not sure! I know he was starting a couple businesses. So maybe that. He did rage quit a few times and come back like he never quit and would argue that he didn’t quit.

But, two years might be real.

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7547922
04/03/22 07:59 PM
04/03/22 07:59 PM
Priest River, Idaho USA
S
SundanceMtnMan Offline
trapper
SundanceMtnMan  Offline
trapper
S

Priest River, Idaho USA
Shanemoss
If you like the Wheel of Time series try The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, the original series not the before and after ones. I haven't got around to them yet.

"They Say Nothing is Impossible,
But, I Do Nothing Every Day."
Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7548620
04/04/22 03:26 PM
04/04/22 03:26 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Always been a big reader. I'm currently chewing my way thru the Walt Longmier series.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Any book readers? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7548637
04/04/22 03:47 PM
04/04/22 03:47 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I love reading. I prefer fiction but read some non-fiction. Non-fiction books take me longer to read I guess because they don't hold my attention as much.

Same here. I love reading good fiction. I'll read non-fiction, I'm currently reading Abandon Ship after a recommendation here on Tman. It's one of the more detailed and factual accounts of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis. It's interesting but I'm not burning through the pages and staying up late to read an extra chapter like I would be if it were a good fiction I was enjoying.

Eh...wot?

Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7548643
04/04/22 04:01 PM
04/04/22 04:01 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
I read every day. I do not read political stuff though. I do not read fiction either. At least I have not for many years, other than some Patrick McManus.

Re: Any book readers? [Re: Lugnut] #7548650
04/04/22 04:17 PM
04/04/22 04:17 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I love reading. I prefer fiction but read some non-fiction. Non-fiction books take me longer to read I guess because they don't hold my attention as much.

Same here. I love reading good fiction. I'll read non-fiction, I'm currently reading Abandon Ship after a recommendation here on Tman. It's one of the more detailed and factual accounts of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis. It's interesting but I'm not burning through the pages and staying up late to read an extra chapter like I would be if it were a good fiction I was enjoying.

A really good fiction book, you don't worry a about staying up to read an extra chapter. You find yourself at 2:00am wondering where the time went.

Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7548664
04/04/22 04:38 PM
04/04/22 04:38 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Scalps and Tomahawks by Frederick Drimmer .Anybody that wonders what it was like for our ancestors on the eastern frontier fighting and getting caught by Indians during the French and Indian War era will find this book fascinating.True to life narratives by pioneers that escaped captivity and torture.

Last edited by Buck (Zandra); 04/04/22 04:39 PM.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Any book readers? [Re: Flicker Shad] #7548679
04/04/22 05:05 PM
04/04/22 05:05 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I also read on a Kindle. Probably 75 books per year. The majority of my reading is non-fiction though I slip in a classic every month or so. Rereading Old Man and the Boy Now. Will finish tomorrow. Basketball tonight. The Kindle is easier on my old eyes, and the backlit screen makes it possible to read in a deer stand. Not as bulky noisy as a paper book. Always fits in my jacket pocket.

Re: Any book readers? [Re: BernieB.] #7548690
04/04/22 05:20 PM
04/04/22 05:20 PM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
Originally Posted by BernieB.
I do not read fiction either. At least I have not for many years, other than some Patrick McManus.

LOL, I believe it to be non fiction.
Heck, everybody knows a Rancid Crabtree.

I may even BE Rancid Crabtree....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread