No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Soacil security [Re: Charles2] #7548456
04/04/22 11:12 AM
04/04/22 11:12 AM
eastern washinghton
70sdiver Offline
trapper
70sdiver  Offline
trapper

eastern washinghton
Originally Posted by Charles2
I am covered by VA disability. I will file for SS, should I file for any SS health benefits? I get all healthcare benefits from the VA, so, I will not use prescription plan or other medical benefits. I have healthcare currently, at work, only to cover my wife.

At the very least you should sign up for Medicare part a as that portion is free.Id talk to ss and the va about part b medical to make sure in every instance down the road your covered one way or another.

Re: Soacil security [Re: 70sdiver] #7548472
04/04/22 11:36 AM
04/04/22 11:36 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by 70sdiver
Originally Posted by Charles2
I am covered by VA disability. I will file for SS, should I file for any SS health benefits? I get all healthcare benefits from the VA, so, I will not use prescription plan or other medical benefits. I have healthcare currently, at work, only to cover my wife.

At the very least you should sign up for Medicare part a as that portion is free.Id talk to ss and the va about part b medical to make sure in every instance down the road your covered one way or another.

X2 at the very least get a & b but I said earlier there's plenty of $0 premium Medicare Advantage Plans which includes additional benefits. Check medicare.gov to see Plans in your area.

Part A isn't free necessarily, part A is paid for with the Medicare premium that is automatically taken out each month.

70sdiver, when you get Medicare you will use both Medicare and Tricare insurance cards. Tricare will pay after Medicare pays.

Re: Soacil security [Re: adam m] #7548698
04/04/22 05:38 PM
04/04/22 05:38 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Below is a link that may help explain some issues concerning Medicare and the VA

Bryce

https://www.goodrx.com/insurance/medicare/medicare-and-va-benefits

Re: Soacil security [Re: coonman220] #7548781
04/04/22 07:28 PM
04/04/22 07:28 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I am sure when I retired the VA required me to sign up for part B. I am also service related disabled.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Soacil security [Re: coonman220] #7549059
04/05/22 02:13 AM
04/05/22 02:13 AM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline
trapper
BuckMink  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted by coonman220
Not try to say bad things, if u live that long, depends on person, some live be real old, others don't, just idea, work that old at some crappy job, u might not make it an no time off work to enjoy, dou t afford it but be nice to have lots time for trapping next season an set lots more traps out in water an more ideas , just no time do lots it, then u don't got the money an pickup break down, u dont get first soacil security check an dock on 2 ND , if don't cut way back or some on hrs. Work, 2 months before retire, if plan on keep working part time, I know some guy in preety good health, used talk to all the, then didn't get along him an he didn't want talk nomore about 4 years ago, maybe something wrong or even then, look his name up about month ago Google it an curious , out came his obituary , was little surprised as 69 or 70, can't rember, know few others that in 2 years, health change fast

Health can disappear over night. I know your mind says to run 1000s of traps when you retire and you dream, but your body and health might not even be able to do it. Hate to pop your bubble but prepare for old age first and trapping comes second. Then, you can sit back in your old age and tell the nurses all about your trapping adventures, imagine talking hours about catching those critters with a smile on your face.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread