Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares

Print Thread
Hop To
Wolverine Glad Tincture/Lure #7554730
04/11/22 03:34 AM
04/11/22 03:34 AM
Alaska
M
milkcrate Offline OP
trapper
milkcrate  Offline OP
trapper
M

Alaska
I have read a lot of posts here and in the archives regarding gland lures as well as tinctures. I am experimenting with a wolverine gland tincture. I cut the anal glands from two male wolverine and aged them a few weeks. I cut them up a bit and covered them with 100 proof vodka. They are very potent in the jar and I can really smell the underlying musky wolverine smell. I believe the tincture could be diluted considerably to achieve the desired results. I am looking for some advice on where to go next to produce a product that I could easily apply to a set and that would hold the scent. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Wolverine Glad Tincture/Lure [Re: milkcrate] #7555156
04/11/22 01:28 PM
04/11/22 01:28 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
I like using diethyl phthalate with glands and sometimes add it to some tinctures that I've done with everclear to hold the odor longer and slow down evaporation

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91