No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Oregon trappers...reminder! [Re: martentrapper] #7557183
04/13/22 12:19 PM
04/13/22 12:19 PM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
Originally Posted by martentrapper
Originally Posted by Catpincher
All the government agencies and tribes have been out here in Eastern Oregon building fake Beaver analog dams the last few years. How much longer do you think Beaver trapping will last here in Oregon?

Are you saying people are building fake beaver dams? Building fake dams on computer maps?

No, they are actually out building fake dams, piling brush in small creeks and ditches and staking it down to create dams and flood meadows. They are doing it here to. Makes the cowboys that graze their cattle on those meadows livid.

And thanks for the reminder BP, I already sent mine in. Didn't even realize you could do it online. But then I make them send me a paper copy of my license each year, I'm not carrying a phone in the field. So they probably figure I'm not technically literate enough to do it online anyways. lol!

Re: Oregon trappers...reminder! [Re: martentrapper] #7557217
04/13/22 01:03 PM
04/13/22 01:03 PM
Oregon
C
Catpincher Offline
trapper
Catpincher  Offline
trapper
C

Oregon
I will take pictures of some of the thirty or forty that I have came across in a week or two after I get through branding and shipping.

Re: Oregon trappers...reminder! [Re: beaverpeeler] #7557218
04/13/22 01:04 PM
04/13/22 01:04 PM
S.W.Oregon
newhouse114 Offline
trapper
newhouse114  Offline
trapper

S.W.Oregon
Generally speaking, the ODFW is the sportsman’s friend. The game commission that actually adopts or rejects advisement from ODFW is another story.

Life Member NTA & FTA
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain

http://alaskastoneanivory.com/index
Re: Oregon trappers...reminder! [Re: beaverpeeler] #7557226
04/13/22 01:11 PM
04/13/22 01:11 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline OP
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline OP
trapper

Oregon
Little add on, the last standing game commission was lead by an avowed anti trapper. His term up (even though he stayed on illegally for a year claiming covid as the excuse) we sent that guy packing and the replacement is a gal that traps.

ODFW will always technically be neutral, but our furbearer biologist's testimony at the beavers workshops was instrumental to our cause. Don't be throwing the ODFW under the bus...

Last edited by beaverpeeler; 04/13/22 01:12 PM.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Oregon trappers...reminder! [Re: beaverpeeler] #7557361
04/13/22 04:05 PM
04/13/22 04:05 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline OP
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline OP
trapper

Oregon
Another great thing about reporting: Since I'm not a good record keeper on my own I've had ODFW keep good track of my harvest numbers for the last 32 years. Since my reporting is very accurate I know exactly how many of each species I have harvested over that time frame. For example, I just looked up my on-line record and see that I have averaged 199.75 beavers a year over the last 32 years. Purty cool stuff.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread